GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Politics
 Alabama election,,,
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

montanajoe

Trinidad and Tobago
46927 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  11:24:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What happened????

GunBroker.com Moderator
The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles

wiplash
Advanced Member

USA
5719 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  11:30:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They cheated, again!
Go to Top of Page

Old-Colts
Advanced Member

USA
22471 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  11:41:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was those pesky Russians.
Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
25691 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  11:43:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
250,000 democrats that were never counted in any other election...the turn out was unprecedented...for the left....more votes than people on the census..
Go to Top of Page

cbyerly

854 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  11:52:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A majority of Alabama voters chose the high moral ground
Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
25691 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  11:54:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cbyerly

What makes you think that?
Go to Top of Page

p3skyking
Advanced Member

USA
24768 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  12:02:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is no high moral ground with politicians.

I've never had a whore lie to me anywhere on the planet. All politicians have lied.

A man who says he has never been scared is either lying or else he's never been anywhere or done anything
Sackett

A man who has not known many women cannot appreciate the value of one. The Walking Drum

A man's success he can share with others, his troubles are his own. Comstock Lode

A ship does not sail with yesterdays wind. The Walking Drum

Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
44579 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  12:18:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Old-Colts

It was those pesky Russians.

The cotton keeps getting taller!!!!

What's next

A couple of favorite quotes:

"What goes around comes around."

“Abe, climb down from Mt. Rushmore, and vacate the penny. Your days in the pantheon are over, thanks to the scholarship and courage of Thomas J. DiLorenzo.” — Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

Go to Top of Page

gjshaw
Advanced Member

9224 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  12:49:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pwillie

250,000 democrats that were never counted in any other election...the turn out was unprecedented...for the left....more votes than people on the census..

Hopefully the recount will reveal all of the undocumented voters and the correct person will be the winner.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"
Go to Top of Page

hillbille
Advanced Member

7628 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  08:01:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gjshaw

quote:

Hopefully the recount will reveal all of the undocumented voters and the correct person will be the winner.

while I would love for this to be the case, can you imagine the can of worms that would open???????????????
Go to Top of Page

chiefr
Advanced Member

USA
8722 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  08:09:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to a friend who lives in Montgomery, a number of disgruntled and unmotivated RINOs decided they would not go to the polls.

Some thought any GOP candidate was an automatic win anyway. In other words: Apathy.

DJT won by well over 20%, so things do not make sense.

Either way AL now has a gun hating communist DEMOCRAT senator they will have to wait 6 years to get rid of.
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

26596 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  08:11:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by montanajoe

What happened????

People got scared, and mad, and consequently voted.

"Most people fancy themselves innocent of those crimes of which they cannot be convicted." Seneca

"Hope has two children: anger, and courage." Augustine, Confessions

Der Verzagten aber und Ungläubigen und Greulichen und Totschläger und Hurer und Zauberer und Abgöttischen und aller Lügner, deren Teil wird sein in dem Pfuhl, der mit Feuer und Schwefel brennt; das ist der andere Tod.

Go to Top of Page

NeoBlackdog
Advanced Member

USA
10295 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  08:13:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chiefr

According to a friend who lives in Montgomery, a number of disgruntled and unmotivated RINOs decided they would not go to the polls.

Some thought any GOP candidate was an automatic win anyway. In other words: Apathy.

Either way AL now has a gun hating communist DEMOCRAT senator they will have to wait 6 years to get rid of.

He's only filling out the remainder of Sessions' term, 2 years or so, and then the good folks in Alabama can (hopefully) choose a conservative.
Go to Top of Page

mogley98
Advanced Member

USA
14262 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  08:13:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Legally or not!

LOL

quote:
Originally posted by Barzillia

quote:

What happened????

Go to Top of Page

mnrivrat48

USA
957 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  08:41:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heard of significant voting blocks coming in from the democrats. Smells of voter fraud . Should at least be looked at .

WELCOME TO THE NEW WORD ORDER - RESISTANCE IS FUTILE - YOU WILL ASSIMILATE
Go to Top of Page

Don McManus
Advanced Member

USA
25498 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  08:59:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cbyerly

I guess it depends upon one’s definition of morals. IMO, there was no moral high ground represented in this election.

At best, the least flawed candidate won. For all his flaws, Moore appears to have advocated for the reduction in the current inter-generational theft immorality that is taking place today.

'Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.'
Brad Steele.

'The Constitution that was actually enacted and formally amended creates islands of government powers in a sea of liberty. The judicially redacted constitution creates islands of liberty rights in a sea of governmental powers.'
Randy E. Barnett

CA #3

Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

26596 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  09:06:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Source ?

"Most people fancy themselves innocent of those crimes of which they cannot be convicted." Seneca

Der Verzagten aber und Ungläubigen und Greulichen und Totschläger und Hurer und Zauberer und Abgöttischen und aller Lügner, deren Teil wird sein in dem Pfuhl, der mit Feuer und Schwefel brennt; das ist der andere Tod.

Go to Top of Page

chiefr
Advanced Member

USA
8722 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  09:22:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NeoBlackdog

quote:

He's only filling out the remainder of Sessions' term, 2 years or so, and then the good folks in Alabama can (hopefully) choose a conservative.

Did not know that. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
25691 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  11:37:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Source ?

Same source as you use....
Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
25691 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  11:41:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

He is filling Sessions term,which will be up in 2019....by that time the revolution will have taken place, and the new government will be in power..
Go to Top of Page

jerrywh818

USA
2060 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  11:41:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Democrats concentrated their campaign on young people and African American women. They do that because those are the least knowledgeable class of people or the dumbest of society. That class is also the most likely to be dependent on the government. Democrats thrive on dependency. It's the free college and welfare class that doesn't realize where the government gets it's money. http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/12/how_did_doug_jones_win_women_a.html.

ant dancer
Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

50728 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  12:52:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear some dems saying there was voter suppression going on.

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace." -Jesus

"Also he [David] bade them teach the children of Judah [the use of] the bow" -Samuel

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

G1
Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
25691 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  5:16:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

I hear some dems saying there was voter suppression going on.

The Rhinos suppressed the conservative vote....The Republican Party self destructed last Tuesday...
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

26596 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  6:58:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Source ?

Same source as you use....

And what source is that ?

Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  7:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to exit polling data Roy Moore did not do well with young Republicans and conservative married women, perhaps because he did not reflect the values of young Republicans, and all the allegations taking their toll. By watching his antics I'd say he likely did turn off younger voters as he comes across as an angry old preacher. As Trump said Luther Strange would likely have been more appealing across the board to voters. Roy Moore was nominated by a hard core Republican group that apparently doesn't represent the rest of the Republicans in their state.
Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
25691 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  7:47:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being a native Alabamian, and changing over to the Republican Party and working for Barry Goldwater (1964)....I saw the change in Alabama politics from Dixiecrat to Republican...The reason Luther Strange lost his race for the Senate,was he was a Washington Rhino,lock step with Mitchell, the old guard, including my self had no choice but vote for Roy Moore....I voted for Mo Brooks in the Primary....if Jeff Sessions had stayed Senator,no Dem could have beat him, and Roy Moore had to fight the Dems as well as the Rhinos..then the Dems made an end run and dug supposed young girls that Roy seduced...with todays American Inquisition, he lost, and mind you still a very close race...The Dems spent zillions over Moore and still nearly lost...end of story..
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
44579 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  8:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

What happened????

Not entirely so. Lots of mad elderly white republicans did not vote due to not having a picture ID. I guess they are mad at the republicans in the state legislature that made such a requirement.

What's next

A couple of favorite quotes:

"What goes around comes around."

“Abe, climb down from Mt. Rushmore, and vacate the penny. Your days in the pantheon are over, thanks to the scholarship and courage of Thomas J. DiLorenzo.” — Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

Go to Top of Page

discusdad
Advanced Member

USA
10047 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  9:28:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i read on the R side 70% of registered voters did not vote. no reasons given, whether it was candidate choice or typical voter apathy. what ever reason, Moore lost because not many people liked him enough to vote for him.
Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
25691 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  10:17:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...all time record turnout for the state..bigger than the Presidential election.....
Go to Top of Page

Junkballer
Advanced Member

USA
7060 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  10:42:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

...all time record turnout for the state..bigger than the Presidential election.....

Source ?.......................
Go to Top of Page

paul b looney

80 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2017 :  12:07:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Republicans got caught up in a game of three card monte. The flim flammers mis directed and split the party while the rhinos sold there soul to their soul to the devil to keep the swamp full. The establishment didnt want Moores baggage.
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2017 :  05:12:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by discusdad

i read on the R side 70% of registered voters did not vote. no reasons given, whether it was candidate choice or typical voter apathy. what ever reason, Moore lost because not many people liked him enough to vote for him.

That's what it sounds like to me. It sounds like the barrage of sexual allegations worked, many Republican woman wither didn't vote or voted across part lines, plus the 23,000 write in votes hurt him.
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2017 :  05:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kimi

quote:

quote:

What happened????

Not entirely so. Lots of mad elderly white republicans did not vote due to not having a picture ID. I guess they are mad at the republicans in the state legislature that made such a requirement.

I had to laugh when I read this...so now Republicans should champion no ID because of voter suppression? I bet those mad elderly white voters would come up with an ID to access their social security funds.
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

26596 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2017 :  07:28:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

2,123,372 votes cast 2016 presidential election Alabama.

Approx 1.3 million in the senatorial votelast week.

I hope you do not do your own bookkeeping, pwillie.

Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

26596 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2017 :  07:30:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kimi

quote:

quote:

What happened????

The way I understand it, any registered voter without ID would cast a provisional ballot. So no votes were lost or suppressed.

If that is incorrect, please let us know.

But, then again.....

https://i.redd.it/g5zu4eafhz301.jpg

Edited by - Barzillia on 12/15/2017 07:57:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
25691 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2017 :  08:12:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
..you don't live here...so, no explanation is warranted...
Go to Top of Page

AdamsQuailHunter

1536 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2017 :  3:31:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"montanajoe" - please forgive me for hijacking your post - but since the e-mail envelope icon doesn't work now - I can't get in touch with "paul b looney" directly.

"paul b looney" if you are watching this thread --- are you related to Paul & Gladys Looney that lived in the New Harmony community near Florala, Alabama???? If so will you please contact me by e-mail -- AdamsQuailHunter@comcast.net

Best Regards -- AQH
Go to Top of Page

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

33763 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2017 :  4:40:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as much money is spent on running for offices i propose elections are run like an auction now up for bid, the highest offer/winner paying off the state or national debt...
Go to Top of Page

mag00
Advanced Member

3042 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2017 :  9:42:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Put em in the octagon. The way it should be.

Or Pistols at 20 paces.

"My guns aren't worth dying for, but my freedoms are". guns-n-painthorses 3-30-2018

If anything can go right, it will go right and at the best possible time.
Go to Top of Page

Dreamsinger
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2017 :  09:37:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gjshaw

quote:

Because the margin was far above the threshold to trigger a recount Moore would have to pay for a recount. Given the amount of corporate support Moore has, the failure of Moore to buy a recount suggests that he doesn't have the money, the GOP won't pay for it and that should a recount not find a reason to change the election, it would make the GOP and Moore look bad.
Go to Top of Page

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

33763 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2017 :  03:58:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wonder if the repubs can get their act together before the next regular election
Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
25691 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2017 :  07:49:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spasmcreek

wonder if the repubs can get their act together before the next regular election

I doubt it....
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

26596 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2017 :  08:14:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are consequences to elections.

Go to Top of Page

austin20
Advanced Member

USA
29595 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2017 :  08:52:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Junkballer

quote:

uh uh uh. He don't got
Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
25691 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2017 :  4:35:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by austin20

quote:
Originally posted by Junkballer

quote:

uh uh uh. He don't got

Are you really a person....where the pic of your hog?
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/12/turnout_exceeds_expectations_i.html

Edited by - pwillie on 12/22/2017 4:37:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

austin20
Advanced Member

USA
29595 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2017 :  6:56:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

he tends to BS ALOT
Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
25691 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2017 :  1:08:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by austin20

quote:

quote:

...all time record turnout for the state..bigger than the Presidential election.....(should have been the Presidential primary)

he tends to BS ALOT

show me your Harley ....

Edited by - pwillie on 12/23/2017 1:14:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

33763 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2017 :  1:27:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
several times i have seen repubs handed victory opportunities on a platter and they have failed to get their chit together or have blown it altogether
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page