GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 The Lady Of Pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dav1965
Advanced Member

USA
11043 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  07:05:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I get the pleasure of meeting her at 8:30 and then my surgeon at 9:15.

I did not exercise this week after Monday. She broke me down to far. I hope i do better today.

wpageabc
Advanced Member

USA
7275 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  07:09:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best to discuss your concerns directly about how she inadvertently hurt you last time. She may have the nurse Ratchet syndrome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Go to Top of Page

forgemonkey
Advanced Member

USA
18771 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  07:37:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wpageabc

Best to discuss your concerns directly about how she inadvertently hurt you last time. She may have the nurse Ratchet Ratched syndrome.

Fixed it for ya ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Go to Top of Page

Alpine
Advanced Member

12051 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  08:17:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is what physical therapists do: They hurt you to make you better!

Your mileage may vary.
“Every time a system is made foolproof - a new class of fool emerges.”
Prod Harris

"If you ain't got pictures, I wasn't there."

"Profanity is the linguistics of the inarticulate."

You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat."
Albert Einstein

In a follow-up story, local police are considering charging Mr. Lapointe with felony stupid. The usual additional charge of Ignorant in a Smart Zone will not be applied, due to the rural location of the incident, according to a police spokesman.

"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and Always win." Clint Smith

I come from a State that raises corn and cotton and cock-leburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me.
- Willard D. Vandiver

The burden of proof lies on the plaintiff.
- Legal maxim
"The trouble with Communism is that eventually you run out of other people's money?"
Margaret Thatcher 1976

To what level of stupidity do you want to address?

"This democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
~Ayn Rand, from her book Atlas Shrugged
Go to Top of Page

discusdad
Advanced Member

USA
10045 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  08:44:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PTs only do what you won't do for yourself. they do not intentionally hurt you. do you think you are their 1st case? not hardly..
Go to Top of Page

JimmyJack
Advanced Member

USA
2864 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  10:01:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you dont do what they say or more, you will be worse off than before the surgery.
Go to Top of Page

Horse Plains Drifter
Advanced Member

Botswana
30774 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  10:57:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by discusdad

PTs only do what you won't do for yourself. they do not intentionally hurt you. do you think you are their 1st case? not hardly..

Yep, exactly.

81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad

CA #8....3%

Go to Top of Page

Bubba Jr.
Advanced Member

USA
5507 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  11:20:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alpine

It doesn't always work out that way though. I had a good therapist that really cared about getting my frozen shoulder fixed before I was to have surgery to remove bone spurs and repair my rotator cuff. She would bring my arm up until the tears ran down my cheeks. When I complained about the pain, she called me a Nancy Boy (jokingly).

After the surgery I found out that the bone spur in front was cutting into my bicep tendon. By the time of the surgery it was 95% severed. He had to trim it up and reattach it. The result was that I don't have full ROM in my left arm.

When I told my therapist she started to cry and kept apologizing. I told her that we didn't know why I was having so much pain, so I didn't have any hard feeling towards her.

If you are having a lot of pain, you need to find out why, before you do irreparable damage.
Go to Top of Page

hoosier

USA
1039 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  11:35:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rotor cuff 6 weeks ago. Worse part of my Rotator cuff therapy was the stretching, ached for a good day,even after icing it down. A couple of Aleve worked well.

Then work outs at home, nothing over 5 lbs yet.

Knee doing well (November). Done with therapy for that one! just making sure I can stretch all the way out and back. No More Pain there.

Gun Parts and more (lots more).

NRA Life Endowment Member, US Army Veteran.
Lions Club

Go to Top of Page

discusdad
Advanced Member

USA
10045 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  3:01:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that sounds to me like whoever looked at the mri or xrays missed the spur...and the attending doctor that referred the PT missed it also..
quote:
Originally posted by Bubba Jr.

quote:
Originally posted by Alpine

It doesn't always work out that way though. I had a good therapist that really cared about getting my frozen shoulder fixed before I was to have surgery to remove bone spurs and repair my rotator cuff. She would bring my arm up until the tears ran down my cheeks. When I complained about the pain, she called me a Nancy Boy (jokingly).

After the surgery I found out that the bone spur in front was cutting into my bicep tendon. By the time of the surgery it was 95% severed. He had to trim it up and reattach it. The result was that I don't have full ROM in my left arm.

When I told my therapist she started to cry and kept apologizing. I told her that we didn't know why I was having so much pain, so I didn't have any hard feeling towards her.

If you are having a lot of pain, you need to find out why, before you do irreparable damage.

Go to Top of Page

ChrisStreett

USA
1524 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  3:24:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guess I'm fortunate, have a complete, shiny new, titanium shoulder. PT was/is done at home, not easy, a bit uncomfortable at times, but self-done at the house. Listened to the doc's directions, just hit 3 months post-op, back in the gym at 3 months and one day to start building this thing back where it should be.

Do what they tell ya dav, in the long run you'll be glad ya did.

"...dying ain't much of a living boy..." Josey Wales
Go to Top of Page

llama

2379 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  7:02:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One guy I worked with post-op after his knee replacement said that what we did to him was worse than what the Germans did when he was shot down in WW2.

He was back 6 months later getting his other knee done with a smile on his face.

When she bends that knee and puts that protractor on it (we called 'em the "go-knee-momitor" - measures how far your knee will go) smile and grin and say "Can I have some more please?". The quicker you reach that end goal the better

The wind in the willow's playin' "Tea for Two";
The sky was yellow and the sun was blue,
Strangers stoppin' strangers just to shake their hand,
Everybody's playin' in the heart of gold band, heart of gold band.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page