GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Shipping Ammo
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cbxjeff
Advanced Member

USA
13355 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2018 :  2:26:47 PM  Show Profile
Guys, our sticky is 7+ years old and I'm wondering if there have been new restrictions placed in these years. I have a couple of boxes of old Colt .32 long that I want to put on the auction side. I don't want to go to jail for this little amount of money.

Thanks,

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

17864 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2018 :  4:17:45 PM  Show Profile
You got to ship them by common carrier, i.e. FedEx or UPS.

Be advised, both will make you jump through their hoops. Not accommodating at all, about shipping ammo.

Unless the ammo your selling is rare, and worth a lot. Not worth the hassle, IMHO.

Go to Top of Page

cbxjeff
Advanced Member

USA
13355 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2018 :  4:33:05 PM  Show Profile
Thanks. Sorry to hear it's such a hassle.

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
Go to Top of Page

MFI
Advanced Member

7018 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2018 :  6:09:50 PM  Show Profile
Just have the ORM-D sticker and claim small arms cartridges on the box.. I have no issues at UPS hub shipping ammo..

Proud owner of Marino Firearms Inc. Hancock, NY. Cancer survivor.. Now entering our 95th year in family business !http://GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=37494

https://www.facebook.com/Marinos-Outdoor-World-103268856414614/

GunBroker MEMBER SINCE 1999 !!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

charliemeyer007
Advanced Member

USA
5502 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2018 :  7:58:22 PM  Show Profile
If the boxes are in nice shape and full, you could be surprised what they will go for. At my local gun shows there are usually one or 2 cartridge people that buys collectible ammo, considering shipping charges and perhaps jumping threw the hoops it might be a good option at your local show.

https://www.GunBroker.com/Vintage-Ammo/BI.aspx?Keywords=32+long+colt&Sort=13
Go to Top of Page

Henry0Reilly
Advanced Member

USA
14395 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2018 :  8:15:14 PM  Show Profile
Set a price for them and list on Hoosier Topics or Indiana Gun Owners

Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Check out what I've got on the block here at GunBroker!

Be Active Today!

Go to Top of Page

nmyers
Advanced Member

15483 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2018 :  9:37:03 PM  Show Profile
It's really difficult to keep up with the ammo shipping rules of the common carriers. They change their "tariffs" about once a year, & they are really, really difficult to understand. So, it's best to read the tariffs yourself, rather than depend on guidance from others who haven't seen the latest changes.

Last time I checked, UPS required that I ship from a UPS terminal customer service counter or by scheduled pick-up. NO ammo can be shipped from UPS Stores, which are independently owned operations.

Fedex has a Dangerous Goods office that determines policy for ammo & firearms; they were very helpful. Ammo can only be shipped by scheduled pickup, NOT from a customer service counter or Fedex Office.

Businesses sometimes have contracts that permit them to do things that we can't do. Also, clerks sometimes make mistakes, most don't really know anything about ammo & you will be their first customer; be patient.

DOT regulations apply.

Neal
Go to Top of Page

toad67
Advanced Member

USA
5845 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2018 :  11:39:57 PM  Show Profile
I just shipped some recently with UPS and it was no problem. I had the wife print up a pre paid label, slapped on a couple of ORM-D stickers and gave it to a local UPS driver who scanned it and said no worries..Ammo shipping is not as tough as it seems to be, especially compared to powder or primers. Just follow the packing regulations, but if it's just standard boxed ammo, and not bulk loose ammo you'll be just fine.
Go to Top of Page

fordsix
Advanced Member

8187 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2018 :  04:30:07 AM  Show Profile
just need the new style diamond shape stickers and ship from the hub
Go to Top of Page

Grasshopper
Advanced Member

11703 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2018 :  08:21:56 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by MFI

Just have the ORM-D sticker and claim small arms cartridges on the box.. I have no issues at UPS hub shipping ammo..

Yep, no problem at my hub, plus the lady is kind of hot and we speak until a clown comes in.
Go to Top of Page

armilite
Advanced Member

Mozambique
40138 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2018 :  5:09:59 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Grasshopper

quote:
Originally posted by MFI

Yep, no problem at my hub, plus the lady is kind of hot and we speak until a clown comes in.

Same thing here.

Kill the Head and the Body Will Follow.
New Orleans Saints Defensive Coordinator

They made penicillin from moldy bread so there is hope for you.

There is no situation that you can not get yourself out of with the proper amount of explosives.

G19

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=190228">My Stuff for Sale at GunBroker.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page