GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 winchester model 12 20 ga dom help please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toad67
Advanced Member

USA
5966 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2018 :  4:22:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a newer made model 12 in 20 gauge with a serial number of mt0747 that was made in Japan and imported to New Haven. In looking up the dom, I can find all of the ending numbers and the y prefix ones, but none with an mt prefix. Any help would be appreciated. It is a Winchester, and not a Browning reproduction..Thanks.

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

17982 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2018 :  4:41:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My WAG. Although it's sold as a Winchester. It's made in Japan, by the same folks making Browning shotguns. Because of this they are using the Browning 2 letter dating system, as a prefix to the actual serial number.

"MT" = 2006

Being that 2006, was the last year that USRA was in business in New Haven. Selling Winchester branded firearms. Might have some thing to do, with varant serial number?

Go to Top of Page

toad67
Advanced Member

USA
5966 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2018 :  5:49:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rufe-snow

My WAG. Although it's sold as a Winchester. It's made in Japan, by the same folks making Browning shotguns. Because of this they are using the Browning 2 letter dating system, as a prefix to the actual serial number.

"MT" = 2006

Being that 2006, was the last year that USRA was in business in New Haven. Selling Winchester branded firearms. Might have some thing to do, with varant serial number?

That makes sense..I mentioned that it was not a Browning, but I never thought to look that up..Thanks, that's what I'll go with.

Todd

After doing some reading, the Browning grade 1 20 gauges were introduced in 88, and done in 90...so huh..

Edited by - toad67 on 02/11/2018 8:38:57 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page