GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
GunBroker.com Message Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

 All Forums
 GunBroker.com Message Forums
 General Discussion
 great car for u old geezer types .......
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rambo rebel
Advanced Member

3539 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2018 :  1:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2005 Buick Lasabre. sunroof too

https://www.GunBroker.com/item/747310581

there's only one hope for this world. 3:16



Even IF there is no God, what if we just lived our lives as if there were?

If the people who think about changing the world would think about changing themselves, they might accomplish both.

Edited by - rambo rebel on 02/14/2018 3:18:51 PM

brier-49
Advanced Member

USA
5583 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2018 :  1:49:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn,, you sure are proud of that 13 y/o car.

gun control is not about guns, it is about CONTROL!
Age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Go to Top of Page

wpageabc
Advanced Member

USA
7541 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2018 :  1:55:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Too young for that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Go to Top of Page

remingtonoaks
Advanced Member

USA
16184 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2018 :  2:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most us old geezers Drive 60s and 70s muscle cars, what are you talking about.

That's for young whippersnappers that can't afford classic cars, and by older Dependable cars because that's all they can afford

Edited by - remingtonoaks on 02/12/2018 2:07:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

asop
Advanced Member

5171 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2018 :  6:37:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do they still make Mercury's for old people
Go to Top of Page

pawnee66
Junior Member

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2018 :  6:58:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GunBroker does cars?? Man! I need to get out more often!
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
36921 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2018 :  7:03:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Buick Lasabre is the official car of driving suspended. Guaranteed pinch. Put a car on a car site to sell, a gun on a gun site. Craigs-l-ist would be the place for this ad.

Edited by - shilowar on 02/12/2018 7:04:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

select-fire
Advanced Member

55555 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2018 :  7:57:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pretty much fair market value for a private party sale. That car has tons of miles left in it.
Go to Top of Page

bearman49709
Junior Member

392 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  9:28:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How is it you've driven the car for three years but only owned it for two?
Buick Lasabre is not a luxury cruiser.
Go to Top of Page

Ditch-Runner
Advanced Member

USA
15519 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  10:39:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

mag00
Advanced Member

3186 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2018 :  12:01:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bearman49709

How is it you've driven the car for three years but only owned it for two?
Buick Lasabre is not a luxury cruiser.



The little old lady needed to get to church, so he drove her.

"My guns aren't worth dying for, but my freedoms are". guns-n-painthorses 3-30-2018


If anything can go right, it will go right and at the best possible time.
Go to Top of Page

Flying Clay Disk
Advanced Member

USA
31747 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2018 :  12:16:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That actually is a pretty clean car!

Price is a little steep (for the mileage), but maybe $4,500-5k would be a square deal.

My mom practically gave away the exact same car to some college kid ($1,500) with about 20k miles on it!! (coulda' killed her for that, but she just wanted rid of it). I only learned about it afterwards (dammit). Probably just as well, cuz I didn't want to go get it.

I just wish she'd have gotten more money for her!




FCD

"Fortes et liber"

Go to Top of Page

rambo rebel
Advanced Member

3539 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2018 :  12:31:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the date I purchased the car was 7-17-15. had it over two and drove it just under 3. now DO the math and don't be so dam anal


sorry but with the air suspension and all the options it is a lux cruiser. but hey, that's your opinion. like butholes everybody's got one and every body seems to think everyone else's stinks but theirs.

there's only one hope for this world. 3:16



Even IF there is no God, what if we just lived our lives as if there were?

If the people who think about changing the world would think about changing themselves, they might accomplish both.

Edited by - rambo rebel on 02/15/2018 09:57:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Flying Clay Disk
Advanced Member

USA
31747 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2018 :  01:17:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well you know what???

You can just take your little smarty pants butt right off my lawn! You hear me, Mister???? Now git!

Next time I'll get the hose out on you damn kids!!

I don't know what you kids are looking for, but you ain't gonna find it on my lawn....so just stay the hell off!!!




FCD

"Fortes et liber"


Edited by - Flying Clay Disk on 02/14/2018 01:18:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
36921 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2018 :  04:56:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My dad is likely to do the same with a 3 year old Hyundai Sante Fe that only has 4k on the ticker.
Go to Top of Page

Brookwood
Advanced Member

USA
4142 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2018 :  05:46:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk

Well you know what???

You can just take your little smarty pants butt right off my lawn! You hear me, Mister???? Now git!

Next time I'll get the hose out on you damn kids!!

I don't know what you kids are looking for, but you ain't gonna find it on my lawn....so just stay the hell off!!!







FCD, you been watching too many Clint Eastwood fliks again!!
I just watched Grand Torino for about the um-teen'th time last night and you just about quoted ole Clint word for word!
Go to Top of Page

Flying Clay Disk
Advanced Member

USA
31747 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2018 :  08:46:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brookwood

quote:
Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk

Well you know what???

You can just take your little smarty pants butt right off my lawn! You hear me, Mister???? Now git!

Next time I'll get the hose out on you damn kids!!

I don't know what you kids are looking for, but you ain't gonna find it on my lawn....so just stay the hell off!!!







FCD, you been watching too many Clint Eastwood fliks again!!
I just watched Grand Torino for about the um-teen'th time last night and you just about quoted ole Clint word for word!




Heh, yeah well..."Get off my lawn" has become our fight-song, us ol' geezers!

It's a mantra of sorts!~

By the way, skip forward to 1:21 on this video (the whole video is hilarious, but the Tom Petty segment pretty much sums it up). KC and the Sunshine Band is pretty funny too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPak0i_-9K4


FCD

"Fortes et liber"

Go to Top of Page

mag00
Advanced Member

3186 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2018 :  10:44:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk


Heh, yeah well..."Get off my lawn" has become our fight-song, us ol' geezers!

It's a mantra of sorts!~

By the way, skip forward to 1:21 on this video (the whole video is hilarious, but the Tom Petty segment pretty much sums it up). KC and the Sunshine Band is pretty funny too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPak0i_-9K4





That was a good video, start to finish. Now get into your Buick Lasabra and get some jello.

"My guns aren't worth dying for, but my freedoms are". guns-n-painthorses 3-30-2018


If anything can go right, it will go right and at the best possible time.
Go to Top of Page

bearman49709
Junior Member

392 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2018 :  8:41:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rambo rebel

the date I purchased the car was 7-17-15. had it over two and drove it just under 3. now DO the math and don't be so dam anal


sorry but with the air suspension and all the options it is a lux cruiser. but hey, that's your opinion. like butholes everybody's got one and every bodies seems to think everyone else's stinks but theirs.



I don't give a rats hind end about your "lux cruiser",but you give conflicting info in your listing people wonder what else you've fudged on.
Go to Top of Page

rambo rebel
Advanced Member

3539 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  12:39:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well, I packed your fudge

there's only one hope for this world. 3:16



Even IF there is no God, what if we just lived our lives as if there were?

If the people who think about changing the world would think about changing themselves, they might accomplish both.
Go to Top of Page

He Dog
Advanced Member

Italy
45490 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  10:30:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A little stodgy don't ya think?

~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets Founding Member ~
Go to Top of Page

rambo rebel
Advanced Member

3539 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  11:12:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wee monsewer

there's only one hope for this world. 3:16



Even IF there is no God, what if we just lived our lives as if there were?

If the people who think about changing the world would think about changing themselves, they might accomplish both.
Go to Top of Page

mag00
Advanced Member

3186 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  11:52:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Put a set of new tires on it, spell it correctly and you may have a shot at selling grannies baby that she only drove on Sundays to church.

It matters not that the car is like new if the tires are bad, it is a used car with bald tires and the psychological impact is enough to run off a prospective buyer.

If you are asking top dollar the car needs to be in top dollar shape. Otherwise I will offer you $3000 as is. Plenty of $2,000 Lesabres on CL. That means I can have 3 for the price of yours.

Also, you may try spelling LeSabre correctly and fix the timeline for your backstory.

This car of yours is the exception to blue book valuations. The sticker price shows that it was a premium car. A 2014 of lesser value will fetch $10k with the same mileage, so your price is actually quite reasonable (not with bad tires). You still would need service records to prove it had proper maintenance for that 65k miles.

"My guns aren't worth dying for, but my freedoms are". guns-n-painthorses 3-30-2018


If anything can go right, it will go right and at the best possible time.
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

26743 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  12:03:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I look at cars, I pay attention to the tires.

I figure the owner will buy the tire consistent with his/her appraisal of the car's actual value.

"Most people fancy themselves innocent of those crimes of which they cannot be convicted." Seneca

"Hope has two children: anger, and courage." Augustine, Confessions

Der Verzagten aber und Ungläubigen und Greulichen und Totschläger und Hurer und Zauberer und Abgöttischen und aller Lügner, deren Teil wird sein in dem Pfuhl, der mit Feuer und Schwefel brennt; das ist der andere Tod.


Go to Top of Page

Rocky Raab
Advanced Member

USA
8324 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  12:08:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shilowar, that Hyundai is a helluva lot better car than the Buick. Hyundai makes great cars, period. The Sante Fe and the slightly smaller Tucson are superb little crossover SUVs, and their Azera is a fabulous luxury car - not to mention their Genesis line, which is world-class luxury.
Go to Top of Page

droptop
Advanced Member

USA
6137 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  12:18:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it was a Chevy Colorado, the miles were a little less, the price was less and it only had two doors, it'd be perfect.

What did you say you have now.

Too bad it's was in an accident.
Go to Top of Page

cbxjeff
Advanced Member

USA
13488 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  12:47:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great link, FCD. Thanks for sharing.

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
Go to Top of Page

rambo rebel
Advanced Member

3539 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2018 :  02:36:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm just the opposite on the new tire thing. when I see a car with new tires, especially on the front I think they are trying to hide alignment or front end problems. least that's been the case every time I bought one with new tires. that is something obvious that hides unseen problems. the Michelins on it have 60-70% tread still left on them.

before I put $7-800 in a new set of tires and ask more, I'd rather stay firm at about $6000.

I did my homework;





here's one a lot cheaper

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-Buick-LeSabre-Custom-One-Owner/202221454200?hash=item2f15568378:g:vUIAAOSwcSxaWTj2&vxp=mtr

maybe this one;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Buick-LeSabre-Limited-Sedan/372211685710?epid=0&hash=item56a98b994e:g:o7EAAOSwA1NadFlB&vxp=mtr

one for half the price;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Buick-LeSabre-Custom/132503230840?epid=0&hash=item1ed9ced978:g:X9gAAOSw3wVagjFp&vxp=mtr

or buy this rusty one for 2500;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Buick-LeSabre-Custom/183066938812?hash=item2a9fa3cdbc:g:B5wAAOSwL3lafv~L&vxp=mtr

another nice NY, ie RUSTY car for 3500 77k miles

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Buick-LeSabre-Custom/183066938812?hash=item2a9fa3cdbc:g:B5wAAOSwL3lafv~L&vxp=mtr

low mileage (112k) from maryland for 1500. no mention of the rust. we know what that means don't we?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Buick-LeSabre/323070903499?hash=item4b3886c4cb:g:2ycAAOSwPGpaeLR~&vxp=mtr


here's you one in PA for 3 bucks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-Buick-LeSabre-Custom-Sedan-4-Door/372223969044?hash=item56aa470714:g:Y1UAAOSwTM5Y4vNc&vxp=mtr

leaving the rust belt;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Buick-LeSabre-Custom-Sedan-4-Door/202223694910?epid=109922556&hash=item2f1578b43e:g:5SMAAOSw1RVafhx5&vxp=mtr

or reserve not met at 3500;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Buick-LeSabre-29-884-miles/202228034239?hash=item2f15baeabf:g:p5IAAOSw8RZadJWr&vxp=mtr


and here's a real bargain for you;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Buick-LeSabre-Custom/381591387014?epid=109907902&hash=item58d89e7b86:g:EmIAAOSwKfVXLTWV&vxp=mtr


you can buy 3 - $2000 cars for the price of mine. 3 to insure, tag, register, pay taxes on and one will always be in the shop., but you'll have 2 more to drive. and if you have all the extra space in the driveway..... then there's the friends/kin that will always be wanting to borrow your spare buick.

or pony up for a low mileage nice car and get the peace of mind that comes with knowing you'll probably get 100k more troubl free miles out of it.

it's so much less a headache to by one nicer to start with than to buy an almost wore out pos, get 20-30k miles out of it (maybe) and to hunt another one and do it all over again. gotta sell that one, hunt up another one, no thanks but that's just me.




there's only one hope for this world. 3:16



Even IF there is no God, what if we just lived our lives as if there were?

If the people who think about changing the world would think about changing themselves, they might accomplish both.

Edited by - rambo rebel on 02/16/2018 02:56:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

mag00
Advanced Member

3186 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2018 :  11:08:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rambo rebel

I'm just the opposite on the new tire thing. when I see a car with new tires, especially on the front I think they are trying to hide alignment or front end problems. least that's been the case every time I bought one with new tires. that is something obvious that hides unseen problems. the Michelins on it have 60-70% tread still left on them.

before I put $7-800 in a new set of tires and ask more, I'd rather stay firm at about $6000.

I did my homework;





here's one a lot cheaper

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-Buick-LeSabre-Custom-One-Owner/202221454200?hash=item2f15568378:g:vUIAAOSwcSxaWTj2&vxp=mtr

maybe this one;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Buick-LeSabre-Limited-Sedan/372211685710?epid=0&hash=item56a98b994e:g:o7EAAOSwA1NadFlB&vxp=mtr

one for half the price;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Buick-LeSabre-Custom/132503230840?epid=0&hash=item1ed9ced978:g:X9gAAOSw3wVagjFp&vxp=mtr

or buy this rusty one for 2500;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Buick-LeSabre-Custom/183066938812?hash=item2a9fa3cdbc:g:B5wAAOSwL3lafv~L&vxp=mtr

another nice NY, ie RUSTY car for 3500 77k miles

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Buick-LeSabre-Custom/183066938812?hash=item2a9fa3cdbc:g:B5wAAOSwL3lafv~L&vxp=mtr

low mileage (112k) from maryland for 1500. no mention of the rust. we know what that means don't we?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Buick-LeSabre/323070903499?hash=item4b3886c4cb:g:2ycAAOSwPGpaeLR~&vxp=mtr


here's you one in PA for 3 bucks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-Buick-LeSabre-Custom-Sedan-4-Door/372223969044?hash=item56aa470714:g:Y1UAAOSwTM5Y4vNc&vxp=mtr

leaving the rust belt;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Buick-LeSabre-Custom-Sedan-4-Door/202223694910?epid=109922556&hash=item2f1578b43e:g:5SMAAOSw1RVafhx5&vxp=mtr

or reserve not met at 3500;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Buick-LeSabre-29-884-miles/202228034239?hash=item2f15baeabf:g:p5IAAOSw8RZadJWr&vxp=mtr


and here's a real bargain for you;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Buick-LeSabre-Custom/381591387014?epid=109907902&hash=item58d89e7b86:g:EmIAAOSwKfVXLTWV&vxp=mtr


you can buy 3 - $2000 cars for the price of mine. 3 to insure, tag, register, pay taxes on and one will always be in the shop., but you'll have 2 more to drive. and if you have all the extra space in the driveway..... then there's the friends/kin that will always be wanting to borrow your spare buick.

or pony up for a low mileage nice car and get the peace of mind that comes with knowing you'll probably get 100k more troubl free miles out of it.

it's so much less a headache to by one nicer to start with than to buy an almost wore out pos, get 20-30k miles out of it (maybe) and to hunt another one and do it all over again. gotta sell that one, hunt up another one, no thanks but that's just me.







Do what you want.


I'll stick to a well maintained one with a little higher highway miles. One that maintenance was done on regular interval and one that was driven and not dry rotted. I have purchased low mileage old cars and motorcycles only to have to replace dry rotted or clogged parts.

I can buy a high mileage car and still get 100k more out of it and not loose the big investment value.

In other words, my $2,000 Buick will only lose 10-20% value, but as soon as that Buick hits 100k it looses half its value. That's 35k miles for a $3000k loss. If you don't think that is worth a set of tires, fine. Good luck finding a sucker for that car.

And unless you are giving a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty, that low mileage Buick can and will cost big dollars to fix the A/C pump and other parts where dry rot seals is an issue.

And that my dear, is a fact you can withdraw from your bank account.

And here is another little fact for you. While you drive that Buick, those 20% tires have lost a good bit of traction. Be careful, or your investment will be worth about $400 for scrap metal.




"My guns aren't worth dying for, but my freedoms are". guns-n-painthorses 3-30-2018


If anything can go right, it will go right and at the best possible time.
Go to Top of Page

rambo rebel
Advanced Member

3539 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2018 :  9:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that may well be where you are but generally 2k won't buy you anything here that's not junk, unless you get REAL lucky.

there's only one hope for this world. 3:16



Even IF there is no God, what if we just lived our lives as if there were?

If the people who think about changing the world would think about changing themselves, they might accomplish both.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06


Visit GunBroker.com at: www.gunbroker.com
Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the site's User Agreement
Site Map