GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Buehler Rings with Redfield Bases
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bvshooter

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  12:02:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will Buehler work with Redfield bases. I have no experience with Buehler TIA

Buddy Vanecek

Hangfire
Advanced Member

3095 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  12:40:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nope, not inter-changeable.. The front ring stud on the Buehler is round, and locks in place with a side screw in the base.. Very high quality, but you need to use the rings on a Buehler base....

Love them Pre-64's!!!!-Bob

https://membership.nrahq.org/
Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

17864 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  12:53:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went to the Buehler section, of Nick Stroebel's scope book. He reproduces a page, from a 1976 Buehler add. Nothing regarding Buehler rings, working on Redfield mounts or vise versa.

My experience with Redfield rings and bases. Is that they are a very tight tolerance, interference fit. Although Buehler's and Redfield's, might be similar in appearance? If they were even couple of thousand off one way or another. Not likely to work, unless hand fitted by a skilled machinist.

Go to Top of Page

Ambrose

2370 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  3:27:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will NOT work: different system. I have both Redfield and Buehler systems and they will not interchange.
Go to Top of Page

bvshooter

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  9:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you sir
quote:
Originally posted by Hangfire

Nope, not inter-changeable.. The front ring stud on the Buehler is round, and locks in place with a side screw in the base.. Very high quality, but you need to use the rings on a Buehler base....

Buddy Vanecek
Go to Top of Page

bvshooter

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  9:58:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did some more research and see that now Thanks
quote:
Originally posted by Ambrose

Will NOT work: different system. I have both Redfield and Buehler systems and they will not interchange.

Buddy Vanecek
Go to Top of Page

bvshooter

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  9:58:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply
quote:
Originally posted by rufe-snow

Went to the Buehler section, of Nick Stroebel's scope book. He reproduces a page, from a 1976 Buehler add. Nothing regarding Buehler rings, working on Redfield mounts or vise versa.

My experience with Redfield rings and bases. Is that they are a very tight tolerance, interference fit. Although Buehler's and Redfield's, might be similar in appearance? If they were even couple of thousand off one way or another. Not likely to work, unless hand fitted by a skilled machinist.

Buddy Vanecek
Go to Top of Page

Hawk Carse
Advanced Member

4131 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2018 :  09:48:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Buehler is a different design, probably made to keep from infringing on Redfield patent. Now the patent has lapsed and there are several mounts on the Redfield design. I don't know if that means they are interchangeable, though.
Go to Top of Page

bvshooter

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2018 :  10:21:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks
quote:
Originally posted by Hawk Carse

Buehler is a different design, probably made to keep from infringing on Redfield patent. Now the patent has lapsed and there are several mounts on the Redfield design. I don't know if that means they are interchangeable, though.

Buddy Vanecek
Go to Top of Page

Ambrose

2370 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2018 :  12:43:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hawk Carse

My experience has been that the various manufacturers rings/bases of the Redfield design (Leupold, Burris, Weaver) will, in fact, interchange. Burris did at one time make an odd style of mount similar to the Redfield that did not interchange. I have a set of those Burris rings that I got at a gun show--I sure wish I could find a base to go with them!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page