GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 This is sick
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SW0320

USA
322 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  12:04:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://nypost.com/2018/02/13/senate-candidates-parents-donate-maximum-amount-to-his-opponent/

If this is not sick I do not have another definition for it.

Edited by - SW0320 on 02/13/2018 12:07:27 PM

swearengine

USA
1220 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  12:58:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yea, him going against their wishes and becoming a Republican. It is enough to make lunch come up.

Life is hard, harder for some. Augustus Mcrae
Go to Top of Page

44pinshooter

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  1:27:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel for him.
I got put on the black list by most of my mother's family the day I went to her parents place with a Reagan for president bumper sticker on my pickup. They thought Carter was the best thing since sliced bread.

Exposure to the Son, will pervent burning.
Go to Top of Page

grdad45
Advanced Member

USA
2682 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  2:54:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a buddy's wife jump me for my MAGA bumper sticker. Told her that I didn't call her "fat*&^", so she shouldn't call me "a damned Republican"! Now I don't have to deal with Fat*&^ any more!! My buddy laughed his *&^ off!

F&AM,PDDGM 2014, NRA-life,
VN Vet, Hardcore Patriot
Go to Top of Page

Don McManus
Advanced Member

USA
25568 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  3:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't see why it is sick.

Why would someone have to stifle his or her politics simply because their son is running?

If they think their son may be a strong and effective Senator, one that by taking a seat from he Democrats may help to put into place legislation that goes against their beliefs, it is their right and perhaps their duty to make all efforts to keep that from happening.

Were the shoe on the other foot, I would believe the same way.

Would you?

'Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.'
Brad Steele.

'The Constitution that was actually enacted and formally amended creates islands of government powers in a sea of liberty. The judicially redacted constitution creates islands of liberty rights in a sea of governmental powers.'
Randy E. Barnett

CA #3

Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

50934 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  3:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
His response should have been: "Parents? What parents?" Cause obviously he's made his way in spite of those particular losers and should disown them.

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace." -Jesus

"Also he [David] bade them teach the children of Judah [the use of] the bow" -Samuel

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

G1
Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

50934 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  3:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Don McManus

Why would someone have to stifle his or her politics simply because their son is running?

If they think their son may be a strong and effective Senator, one that by taking a seat from he Democrats may help to put into place legislation that goes against their beliefs, it is their right and perhaps their duty to make all efforts to keep that from happening.

Would you?

I'm 100% certain I would put my daughters ahead of what ever political disagreements we may have. 100%

"Also he [David] bade them teach the children of Judah [the use of] the bow" -Samuel

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

G1
Go to Top of Page

droptop
Advanced Member

USA
6132 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  3:52:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Would you?

No, not only that but F-no. Would personally be ashamed to have such dickweed libtard parents wasting their money on my opponent.

Can understand exactly why he's not on the Democratic side.

Edited by - droptop on 02/13/2018 3:53:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

50934 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  4:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by droptop

quote:

Would you?

No, not only that but F-no. Would personally be ashamed to have such dickweed libtard parents wasting their money on my opponent.

Can understand exactly why he's not on the Democratic side.

It's one thing to not give to your kid's campaign (because perhaps you can't support their platform), but to double down and support their opponent? Who does that?

G1

Edited by - Mr. Perfect on 02/13/2018 4:05:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

SCOUT5
Advanced Member

12079 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  4:39:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Would you?

I agree with you Don. I taught by sons to be their own man, I owe it them and myself to continue to be my own man what ever they choose to do.
Go to Top of Page

Don McManus
Advanced Member

USA
25568 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  5:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

quote:

Would you?

I'm 100% certain I would put my daughters ahead of what ever political disagreements we may have. 100%

My son was employed by one of our Senators.

I contributed to her opponent, in the hopes that she would be removed which would mean my son would have lost his job.

I did not want my son to lose his job, but I wanted the leftist witch removed.

His choice of employment has never been put ahead of our relationship; neither by him or by me.

'Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.'
Brad Steele.

'The Constitution that was actually enacted and formally amended creates islands of government powers in a sea of liberty. The judicially redacted constitution creates islands of liberty rights in a sea of governmental powers.'
Randy E. Barnett

CA #3

Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

50934 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  5:42:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

quote:

Would you?

My son was employed by one of our Senators.

I contributed to her opponent, in the hopes that she would be removed which would mean my son would have lost his job.

I did not want my son to lose his job, but I wanted the leftist witch removed.

His choice of employment has never been put ahead of our relationship; neither by him or by me.

I don't even see how that compares, really.

G1
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
36905 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  6:50:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can't pick your parents, or family for that matter. But you can tell them to f-off and cut them from your life. Who needs that cancer? My wife has relatives that have cut ties because we voted for Trump. I say good riddance, clear the dead weight from the decks.

Edited by - shilowar on 02/13/2018 6:51:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

droptop
Advanced Member

USA
6132 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  7:28:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have noticed lately that within 24 hours of seeing something posted on GBGD it's a topic on the news. Wasn't like that in the past.

OH,, the parents were "laughed at, ridiculed" and the son was justified,, but it wasn't CNN. Over there they'd be glorified.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page