GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 US v. Russia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

50200 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  7:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, did I hear correctly that the US just wiped out roughly 100 Russian soldiers or Russian mercenary soldiers? Is that true? Seems like a pretty big deal.

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace." -Jesus

"Also he [David] bade them teach the children of Judah [the use of] the bow" -Samuel

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

G1

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
36360 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  7:32:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/world/reports-russian-deaths-underscore-dangers-syria-war/HjLi43pkPNpSFZlJQ8xYaN/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/did-the-us-really-kill-200-russians-in-syriaor-just-a-few?source=articles_sum&via=rss

In “self-defense,” the U.S. launched a large-scale artillery and air assault to repel the attackers. Using F-15s, F-22s, AC-130 gunships, Apache helicopters, MQ-9 unmanned drones, and artillery, U.S. forces killed an estimated 100 attackers, according to some Russian media reports, and destroyed numerous tanks and artillery pieces. Among the reported fatalities, according to a Pentagon official, were Syrian Arab Army soldiers enlisted in the “ISIS Hunters” unit, as well as Russian mercenaries working for Wagner, a private military company under the command-and-control of the Russian Ministry of Defense that has been tasked with re-taking oilfields from ISIS.

Initially, Moscow denied any connection. “The reasons for the incident were reconnaissance and search activities by Syrian militia not coordinating with the command of the Russian operations group,” Interfax cited the Russian defense ministry as saying.

But much like the Kremlin’s denial of Russian army soldiers or special operators being deployed in Ukraine, this narrative is rapidly eroding against a tide of social media and even pro-Kremlin press claims naming the names of the slain mercenaries and giving details of their funerals in St. Petersburg.

Edited by - shilowar on 02/13/2018 7:37:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
36360 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  7:44:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is some vid supposedly of US airstrike on a T72 tank

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=579_1518546193
Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

50200 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  7:45:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would seem like this sort of thing might anger the Russians. Just a hunch.

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace." -Jesus

"Also he [David] bade them teach the children of Judah [the use of] the bow" -Samuel

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

G1
Go to Top of Page

35 Whelen
Advanced Member

USA
13642 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  10:37:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So much for that theory on collusion.....
Go to Top of Page

50-70RB

USA
670 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2018 :  10:45:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just saw a report today on an intelligence meeting today where a top official said they are positive Russia will try to influence the mid term elections this fall. I hope we're doing as much dirty cyber stuff to them!

My life went to hell when I started kindergarten-never had a day when I had time to go to work. Now I have that pre-kindergarten freedom.
Go to Top of Page

yoshmyster
Advanced Member

15547 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2018 :  03:53:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 35 Whelen

So much for that theory on collusion.....

They were just pawns.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.

I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
36360 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2018 :  04:54:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iran and Russia have been killing US PMCs for years in Iraq and Afghanistan, some US troops as well. It's all part of the chess game. I'm not so sure that the Russian gov is going to make a huge deal out of some throw away soldiers of fortune getting smoked, they are to big on worrying about casualties.
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

26303 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2018 :  08:30:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shilowar

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/world/reports-russian-deaths-underscore-dangers-syria-war/HjLi43pkPNpSFZlJQ8xYaN/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/did-the-us-really-kill-200-russians-in-syriaor-just-a-few?source=articles_sum&via=rss

In “self-defense,” the U.S. launched a large-scale artillery and air assault to repel the attackers. Using F-15s, F-22s, AC-130 gunships, Apache helicopters, MQ-9 unmanned drones, and artillery, U.S. forces killed an estimated 100 attackers, according to some Russian media reports, and destroyed numerous tanks and artillery pieces. Among the reported fatalities, according to a Pentagon official, were Syrian Arab Army soldiers enlisted in the “ISIS Hunters” unit, as well as Russian mercenaries working for Wagner, a private military company under the command-and-control of the Russian Ministry of Defense that has been tasked with re-taking oilfields from ISIS.

Initially, Moscow denied any connection. “The reasons for the incident were reconnaissance and search activities by Syrian militia not coordinating with the command of the Russian operations group,” Interfax cited the Russian defense ministry as saying.

But much like the Kremlin’s denial of Russian army soldiers or special operators being deployed in Ukraine, this narrative is rapidly eroding against a tide of social media and even pro-Kremlin press claims naming the names of the slain mercenaries and giving details of their funerals in St. Petersburg.

That will come as a shock to some.

"Most people fancy themselves innocent of those crimes of which they cannot be convicted." Seneca

"Hope has two children: anger, and courage." Augustine, Confessions

Der Verzagten aber und Ungläubigen und Greulichen und Totschläger und Hurer und Zauberer und Abgöttischen und aller Lügner, deren Teil wird sein in dem Pfuhl, der mit Feuer und Schwefel brennt; das ist der andere Tod.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page