GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 One piece mount for Nikon P-223
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kidthatsirish
Advanced Member

USA
6286 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2018 :  12:22:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody make one that actually works?

“For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return". -- Leonardo DaVinci 1452-1519

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

yoshmyster
Advanced Member

15981 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2018 :  02:12:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Work how?

*Oh so you're looking for a single base with a narrow gap between the front and rear mounting rings.

1" or 30mm? I wonder if you could get by on a single scope ring? Like for a old school red dot.

Edited by - yoshmyster on 04/01/2018 9:03:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

tsr1965
Advanced Member

USA
7879 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2018 :  03:55:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LaRue Tactical, makes the ones that everyone is trying to copy for the last 10 years. Burris PEPPR is better than the Nikon.

Take a look at these auctions on the otherside...
http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/BrowseItems.aspx?IncludeSellers=484399

http://www.GunBroker.com/All/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=716063

Go to Top of Page

nononsense

10019 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2018 :  07:12:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kidthatsirish,

quote:

You aren't being specific enough to give you a positive answer in the direction you want without more information but here is the manufacturer's solution for that exact scope:

Best.

Go to Top of Page

1KYDSTR

USA
2412 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2018 :  5:08:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Midwest Industries, American Defense, LaRue Tactical, Badger Ordinance...in ascending order of cost

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
"When I was 14 I used to marvel at how ignorant my old man was...by the time I was 21 I was truelly amazed at how much the old bugger had learned in the intervening 7 years!" Samuel Clemens
"History is written by winners"(Patton)
"You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
"There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)
“Live! Live the wonderful life that is in you. Be afraid of nothing. There is such a little time…” Richard Halliburton
Go to Top of Page

kidthatsirish
Advanced Member

USA
6286 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2018 :  5:45:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry. I should have been more specific. The P-223 fixed 3x scope has an extremely small distance between the bells (just under 3.5 inches) of mounting space for which rings can fit. If one is trying to use a solid and stable one piece mount, you are hard pressed to find one that is "narrow" enough to work. Nikon does not even make one for it and instead offers a set of two cantilever style rings for it.

No matter at this point. After searching for several weeks I have just bought the double ring set from Nikon.

“For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return". -- Leonardo DaVinci 1452-1519

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Go to Top of Page

kidthatsirish
Advanced Member

USA
6286 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2018 :  5:46:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nononsense

kidthatsirish,

quote:

You aren't being specific enough to give you a positive answer in the direction you want without more information but here is the manufacturer's solution for that exact scope:

Best.

Unfortunately that mount does not work on the P-223 fixed 3x scope.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page