GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Starbucks
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

33785 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  7:25:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
was set up by two black men hogging a table, buying nothing ,claiming to be "waiting for a friend""" businessmen lookalike ..NOPE...and see how FAST the protestors popped out of the woodwork......of course the company ceo got real politically correct...everything now can be held hostage by nigerians, messivans, and mooslims

Ditch-Runner
Advanced Member

USA
15378 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  7:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the same thing looking for that free (big ) money payouts
sadly most places tread lightly and handle with kid gloves anymore
the old we reserve the right to refuse service are long gone
even wanting to have actual customers as in buying a item of the menu

years back I remember reading about a disabled lawyer traveled thru all the old tourist towns in California then send a letter to all the small shop owners .. ether pay up XX amount to me or face discrimination charges for not having handicapped access . a lot of mom and pop shops had to close they could not pay the extortion cost or the up grades to handle all the handicap regulations
Go to Top of Page

TooBig
Advanced Member

USA
25310 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  7:40:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sad the race card been used

NO COUNTRY CAN SURVIVE OPEN BORDERS AND WELFARE XXXXXXXXX It's time for the Democraps use their brain and the Republicans to grow a Pair. Tell Congress it's time to Read the Bills First
Go to Top of Page

Grasshopper
Advanced Member

11915 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  8:27:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
White snowflake starts protesting the arrest and then the "friend" comes walking in after the arrest-? MUCH more to the story - why didn't they just leave when asked ? Ect ect
Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
25711 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  07:22:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Starbucks is getting what they asked for...The Co. has taken a stance for the left...now they own it!....Chick-Fil-le ,meanwhile took a stance on Happys and is now blowing it out! Hooray for good mgt...
Go to Top of Page

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
30839 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  07:33:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could care less about Starbucks but it sounds like a set-up to extort money from a company by some less than desirable individuals.

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is they way it is. The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference.

All comments posted here are my opinion as expressed via the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

United States Army ~ 1966-1968 USARSUPTHAI 1967-1968
Go to Top of Page

Sam06
Advanced Member

12736 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  08:43:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TooBig

So sad the race card been used

Yep

bl*cks have pretty much wiped their ass with "I have a dream" and all the other things MLK preached.

RLTW

Proud white heteronormative cis-male member of the Kyriarchy

Liberalism: The haunting feeling that someone, somewhere, might be having a good time.
Go to Top of Page

allen griggs
Advanced Member

USA
31902 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  08:56:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The media is portraying Starbucks as a bunch of Klansmen. In the Yankee city of Philadelphia.

My how times have changed, I grew up in Georgia and all I heard on the news was what a bunch of racists we Southerners were, meanwhile all was peace and kindness up in Yankeeland.

I have never bought coffee at Starbucks but they are in the news all the time, the customers and management there are always a bunch of libs.
Starbucks is there to make money and they obviously don't care if you are black or white, if you come in there and buy coffee they are glad to see you.
If you come in there just to hang around and use the bathroom, obviously they want you to leave.

This thing smells to high heaven, the media portraying this as "Klansmen of Philadelphia Starbucks."

Racial tensions are at a low point, now in America, the worst I have seen in the last 40 years, and it is thanks to Obama, who never missed a chance to race-bait, as in the Treyvon and Micheal Brown cases. Obama set back race relations 50 years in my country.
Go to Top of Page

nmyers
Advanced Member

15633 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  10:18:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have to figure, a company with 28,000 stores must have come up with procedures for handling problem customers, & trained all of their managers. We're told the manager is "no longer at this store", but I'd like to see her, & hear her explanation of the incident. I don't know, but this entire incident does not sound right.

I admit to being an occasional Starbucks customer. Most of the times I visit, I see several people camped out with their computers, taking advantage of the free wifi that is in every store. They often take up a table & several chairs for their coats & books, & stay for hours. Usually they have a Starbucks cup in front of them, but I have never seen anyone asked to leave, or denied use of the restroom. However, in Manhattan I have had to request a key or combination to get in the restroom, & that may have spread.

I'm sure that a sincere apology will be announced soon, & there will no hard feelings.

Neal
Go to Top of Page

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

33785 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  10:57:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
apology with a check.......extortion
Go to Top of Page

guntech59
Advanced Member

New Caledonia
21389 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  2:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't it called loitering if you are just hanging around a place of business with intent of buying something.

Local ice cream shops will run kids off if they just hang around and not buy something.

Is this much different?

US Army (Ret.)
1977-1998

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” — Jefferson`s “Commonplace Book,”

“Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” Robert A. Heinlein

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”- Heraclitus.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page