GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 H&R model 349 Bolt Action 12 gauge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kudzu80
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2003 :  5:47:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have, as the subject line says, a Harrington and Richardson model 349 "gamester" bolt action 12 guage. I am the third generation in my family to have it, but neither my father knows nothing about it's age or worth and my grandfather is no longer around to ask. It's a wonderful shotgun and is priceless to me no matter what, still any information I can get will be appreciatted

What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

bobski
Advanced Member

Vatican City
19621 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2003 :  5:51:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ballpark w/o seeing it, its around 95 to 125.00 gun on a good day. sounds like maybe a post ww2 gun. 40's 50's. maybe someone else can narrow it down for you! enjoy it!
Go to Top of Page

He Dog
Advanced Member

Australia
37086 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2003 :  7:44:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
257ismycal has a fair amount of information on H&R, so you might drop him an e-mail if he does not come along this way soon. Might also try: http://www.hr1871.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

My heros have always killed cowboys.
Go to Top of Page

b.goforth

966 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2003 :  9:46:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the H&R model 349 gamester bolt action shotgun was manufactured between 1953-1955. it has a stable mate the model 348 that was manufactured 1949-1954.
b.goforth
Go to Top of Page

kudzu80
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2003 :  3:03:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much for the information. At least now I know something about the thing.

What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.
Go to Top of Page

brutalconversions
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  05:08:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the 348 gamester! I bought it for 120$ in texas. I love it! It looks to be WW2 era, bolt action shotgun. You cram 2 shells through the bottom into a tube mag hidden in the stock, and drop one in the bolt for the first shot. It has a really long barrel. I can't figure any way to mount weaver rail on it, but it is easy enough to aim. I had to cut the stock and put a buttpad on it, though. It knocked my shoulder hard. The stock is hard as a rock. If I could have the same thing with a plastic stock I would really be excited. Its just fun to shoot.
Go to Top of Page

brutalconversions
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  05:10:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. The company apparently went under in the 1980s, but the name was bought by Marlin, who puts it on new pump guns.

quote:
Originally posted by b.goforth

the H&R model 349 gamester bolt action shotgun was manufactured between 1953-1955. it has a stable mate the model 348 that was manufactured 1949-1954.
b.goforth

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page