GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 What kind of rifle is it?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GUNMAN4FUN

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2003 :  11:45:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A good friend of mine has this rifle and doesn't know anything about it. I told him that I would ask you guys and like always, I would likely get a lot of information. The rifle is a 7mm bolt action with a straight bolt handle. On top of the receiver the words "Fabrica De Armas, Oviedo, 1899" are stamped. On the bottom of the trigger guard/magazine base are the numbers "2B, 2852, 2852". On the left side of the receiver "F566" is stamped. Any information would be greatly appreciated. If this is not enough info, please ask what else you would need and I'll try to get it. If you have any idea about what it would be worth that would also be helpful. It was his fathers rifle and it has sentimental value. Thanks guys.

p3skyking
Advanced Member

USA
19134 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2003 :  11:48:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a Spanish Mauser, one of the same models that was used at San Juan Hill in Cuba during the Spanish American War.

A man who starts imagining that others think good because he does is simply out of his mind
It behooves one to be wary when among strangers and not to trust too much L'Amour

Edited by - p3skyking on 10/14/2003 11:50:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15749 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2003 :  3:38:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
P3skyking is correct. Your rifle is Model 1893 Spanish Mauser. It's a early production, ( third year ) product of the Spanish National Armory in Oviedo.
Can't help you with the numbers on the trigger guard/magazine.

Edited by - rufe-snow on 10/14/2003 5:24:01 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page