GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 1940's Coast to Coast .22 long rifle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SquallRaven
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  12:02:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok,

I want to see how much this gun is worth if anything.
Below is what the barrel reads:

COAST TO COAST STORES
Model 320
22 short. long or long rifle

This is all I know. I don't have a serial number or anything like that. I would just like to know if anyone knows what this thing is worth. It's a great gun and a great shot.

Thanks,

Jack Bingle

Bert H.

USA
10866 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  01:36:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Jack,

According to the Store Brand Crossover list in the Blue Book, your Coast-to-Coast marked rifle was made by Savage Arms, and is a identical to their own Model 120. Typically, store brand marked firearms are worth 50% - 75% of the original factory marked Models.

Bert H.

Real Men use a SINGLE-SHOT!
Go to Top of Page

SquallRaven
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  03:35:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bert,

Thanks for your reply. Thank you for telling me what my gun really is. I would, however, like to know how much that price possibly hits? I love this gun, but I may need to sell it depending on how much it can fetch me. It's a great gun. Not much to it. But, a great gun nevertheless. From what your saying I would assume this gun wasn't bought for more than a few hundred dollars. Maybe less. But I would like someone to confirm the price-tag on it if they could possibly do so.

Thanks again,

Jack Bingle
Go to Top of Page

He Dog
Advanced Member

Australia
36970 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  10:20:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think a price of $100 is closer than $175 for this one, usually they go in the $50 to $125 range. Try to hang on to it if you can, best of luck.

He Dog
Go to Top of Page

Contender Man

USA
2169 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  3:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From my checking the Savage 120 was discontinued long before serial numbers were required and it was not numbered. Also, it appears that this may have been one of Savage's "house" models or in other words a rifle that they made for other companies, such as Coast-to-Coast to mention one of many, many companies.

Given the era that they gun was mfg. in and the fact that they were basically "branded" models that as no frills rifles would sell below Savage equivalents I think you are looking at something that sold for less than $100 and has basically no collector value. Heck even Savages have little to no collector interest.

I hate to say this, but if it is in real good condition you might get $50-60 for it, and since you are fond of it ... just hold on to it.

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
Go to Top of Page

captkirk3@dslextreme.com
Administrator

5098 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  3:12:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Contender Man....I can't see this little gun bringing anything near $100.00.......$50.00 Max....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff

Go to Top of Page

richbug
Advanced Member

3544 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  3:21:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 120a that is priceless to me as it was the rifle I was taught to shoot with, but I think $50 is a real stretch. Maybe $35-40 to cut up and make a kids trainer rifle.

My border collie is smarter than your honor student.
Go to Top of Page

SquallRaven
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  4:31:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey,

Thank you to all of you. I will definately hold on to this guy. It's very nice and is worth much more to me than anyone could ever pay.

Thanks again,

Jack
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2011 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page