GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 lady smith 9mm value
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

light12

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  9:58:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a smith and wesson lady smith 3913 9mm that i want to trade in and i was wondering the value so i don't get taken just looking for a ball park value it has the original box extra mag and the soft case that says lady smith on it it has shot 3 boxes of shells and has never been carried thanks for the help

Chaser11

USA
252 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  01:14:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats a nice CCW gun, i sold mine about three yrs ago with three mags and a couple holsters for $425.00 its' a sweet little SS 9mmm carry,sometimes i with i still had it. Got a 4506 , abit big for summer carry so i had to get a CZ 75D PCR ..should have kept the 3913 maybe .

American used to Roar like Lions for Liberty- Now they Bleat like Sheep for Security.------Always Remember Security without Liberty is called PRISON! -
Go to Top of Page

jsergovic
Advanced Member

5560 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  04:43:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The current list on a 3913LS is $829.
It would be $640 new out the door with a S&W lifetime warranty at a local F.F.L.
http://www.swfirearms.vista.com/store/index.php3?cat=293499&item=831345&sw_activeTab=1

My shop does not take "trades" but rather places guns on consignment, taking 20%.

If $$$ is not an especially important issue, clean it really well and store it away. You can't lose money by keeping it and selling it later. Especially if they discontinue the 3913 and replace it with the 3913TSW. A gun in the condition you describe is now on GB at $525.

Having the shells is not a plus, because of shipping costs (they ship separately - ORD- )

They might offer $300 cash, and tag it at $500. Thats why I mention holding on to it.

I'd sell it to a friend for not less than $350.
You might do best selling it here on GB, if you can get a good rate for an FFL to ship it for you. A FTF transaction will, naturally, increase your margin.

Good luck. It's a nice piece. I might pick up a 908S ( similar gun, same mag) someday. J.
Go to Top of Page

rmeyer

753 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  04:57:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been seeing NIB go unbid on at $500. The couple used 1's I saw closed about $350-400. Better off selling it vs trading it in.
Go to Top of Page

Contender Man

USA
2169 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  09:04:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a trade-in you'll maybe see 60% of value, either that or the dealer will up the trade value but stay firm on the selling price of the gun it is being traded for ... therefore maintaining their overall margin.

Sell it outright or hold on to it for a while.

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2011 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page