GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 .357 colt buford pusser commemorative
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MrV305ta
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  8:07:29 PM  Show Profile
Im trying to help my dad find one, He says they are pretty rare so i was wondering just how rare, what they are worth, any general info is appreciated.

gap1916
Advanced Member

USA
5020 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  8:14:32 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to GB. I have not heard of one or seen one. That does not mean it does not exist. There are many many commemoritives out in the world. You might try positing in the want ads forum.

Greg
Former
USMC
ANGLICO

Edited by - gap1916 on 03/01/2004 8:24:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

MrV305ta
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  8:17:17 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the welcome. He's a local dealer and has been trying to find one for awhile. I havent been able to find much info either but I guess it exists.
Go to Top of Page

talbertisp
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  2:56:17 PM  Show Profile
Hello: There were only 50 of these Pusser commemorative guns ever made. Original plans called for no more than 800 to be produced. The gun was originally distributed by Aereo Marine, Inc. of Birmingham, Alabama. The gun could be purchased with wood grips, or authentic ivory grips that had a facsimile signature of Buford Pusser. There was also a beautiful display case that could be purchased. I know where #1, #16, #38, and a couple more are located. If you can find one of these rare guns, buy it. There was one located in my home town, and I had no idea it was available. If anyone knows where any of the others are located, it would be nice to see if all 50 are still around.
Go to Top of Page

talbertisp
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  3:01:11 PM  Show Profile
I received in the mail today some newspaper clippings/information concerning the Pusser Commemorative Colt Python. I will be glad to copy & mail these to those interested in this rare weapon. The articles are courtesy of Bill Wagoner, of Adamsville TN. Wagoner runs the local paper, and was a schoolmate and friend of the late Sheriff Pusser.
Go to Top of Page

JohnKoger
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  08:24:22 AM  Show Profile
I have #23 of the Buford Pusser colt pythons with beautiful ivory grips and would love to receive copies of any additional info on Mr Pusser. Happy to pay. JohnKoger@aol.com.
Go to Top of Page

nmyers
Advanced Member

12616 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  09:24:49 AM  Show Profile
These guns are an exception to the rule that "special editions" are desirable only to the original purchasers. The limited quantity means that the only way to find one is to scour the online auctions & gun newspapers, & it may take years to find one. They are "worth" whatever the buyer is willing to pay.

My thought is that in 20-30 years no one will remember who Buford Pusser was, & you won't be able to give these things away. But, I've been wrong before.

Neal
Go to Top of Page

gearheaddad
Advanced Member

8762 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  09:31:31 AM  Show Profile
But, I've been wrong before.

Neal

But not that often!!!!!!

My Grandpa always said "sounds like too much thinking, why don't you try aiming!"
Go to Top of Page

realspeed
Advanced Member

USA
4964 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  11:59:16 AM  Show Profile
OK GUYS I need to know if anyone knows anything about these guns lol, i know there wasnt any responces in 6years but maybe someone knows somin now
Go to Top of Page

Spider7115

USA
24613 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  12:50:27 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by realspeed

OK GUYS I need to know if anyone knows anything about these guns lol, i know there wasnt any responces in 6years but maybe someone knows somin now

These guys had #26 for sale. They may still have it:

http://www.wildindiangunco.com/product_info.php?cPath=65_324&products_id=1436&osCsid=70b00e0a0e8d607e60b8e3fa9c25afa2

-"SPIDER"

ALLAH KA-BAR!

GunBroker.com Moderator
The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles

Edited by - Spider7115 on 09/09/2010 12:52:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

gary wray
Carpet Bagger

USA
5528 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  1:42:52 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Spider7115

quote:
Originally posted by realspeed

These guys had #26 for sale. They may still have it:

http://www.wildindiangunco.com/product_info.php?cPath=65_324&products_id=1436&osCsid=70b00e0a0e8d607e60b8e3fa9c25afa2

Nice looking Colt Python. As Clint sad in "Pale Rider"..."nothing like the feel of a good piece of hickory"

harperwv
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page