GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 PARKER HALE RIFLES
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

REDSTV
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2004 :  10:19:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'M TRYING TO FIND OUT INFO ON PARKER HALE MODEL 1200 RIFLES. 7mm MAG IS CALIBER I HAVE. WHERE THESE GOOD RIFLES, COMMON OR RARE. I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR DAYS ON NET AND CAN'T FIND ANYTHING EXCEPT THEY ARE NO LONGER IN BUSINESS. CONTACTED THE OWNER NOW(ENGLISH COMPANY) AND THEY COULD PROVIDE NO HELP. WHAT WOULD ONE IN 85-90% COND BE WORTH AND IS IT CONSIDERED COLLECTABLE? ANY HELP, COMMENTS-GOOD OR BAD WOULD BE HELPFUL. THANKS

geeguy

USA
863 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2004 :  11:30:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't give you all you asked for. But I do own several, they have proven to be excellent field guns (I have .308 and .243)and accurate at the range. Bolt is very loose until lockup and they have minimum headspace. Wood is very nice and barrels are free floating.

Sorry, don't know value or current address to get more information.

Best of luck
Go to Top of Page

dcj10
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2004 :  12:28:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I own a few Parker Hales and have dug up a little of their history. Your 7mm mag would be a 1200 M Super Magnum. The non-magnum calibers are the 1200 Super. They were manufactured from 1968 to 1991. In 1991 Navy arms purchased the manufacturing rights and formed the Gibbs Rifle Commpany and made a similar rifle from 1992-1994. The 1200 was based on the Mauser K-98 action and the adjustable trigger was introducted in 1984. They are not that rare, but finding someone who will give one up is. The 24th edition blue book shows the value of an 90% as $330 and 80% as $295. All three of mine - 7mm Mag, 30/06,and 25/06 - were imported by Jana of Denver, Colorado. I really like Parker Hales and a lot of people keep trying to talk me into selling them one. But I won't sell. My 7mm Mag has put a lot meat on the table.

dcj10
Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15751 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2004 :  12:32:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Parker Hale sold Mauser actioned sporting rifles, built on "Santa Barbara" ( Spanish manufactured receivers ).

Production continued until 1990, when Parker Hale was bought out by the Gibbs Rifle Co. in the U S ( Navy Arms? )

The 1200 series rifles were built from the late 60's until the early 80's.

To the best of my knowledge, there's no collectors interest in these rifles at this time. Because of lack of name recognition, it's doubtful if you would be able to realize a substantial amount of money, when selling it.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page