GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 German 22 cal derringer id help needed
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kris

918 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2004 :  4:20:12 PM  Show Profile
i have this cute little german made 22 cal single shot lr...i need id help for the manufacturer.,,i can forward some photos to anybody that may be interested in helping....dont know how to post on here..thanks for any help...fits in palm of hand...has button on left to break down,,has button on right to eject..chrome with wood grips..barrel is gun metal grey with a steel liner...marked under barrel...Germany..couple of other marks i cannot id,,think it dates to the 50's-60's....thanks for any replys..Kris

it is good that we meet in the struggle of life or death.. .....it shall be life!

Contender Man

USA
2169 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2004 :  8:27:30 PM  Show Profile
Kris

Drop me an email and I'll give you my direct email address so you can send me the pix, and I'll post them for you.

Also, look the pistol over again and see if there is any other info that may have been missed. As for the marks that you can't identify try and describe them or get a clear closeup picture of them.

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
Go to Top of Page

22WRF
Advanced Member

USA
3316 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2004 :  8:38:43 PM  Show Profile
See if it's one of these on the Derringer website

http://www.martscustoms.com/derringer.htm

I married a Moonshiners Daughter and I Love her Still

Go to Top of Page

toolman9mm

680 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2004 :  9:24:13 PM  Show Profile
great site 22wrf.. thanks, great info....
Go to Top of Page

kris

918 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  08:21:13 AM  Show Profile
i found what appears to be a hallmark...it has a crown with the letter n stamped above it...also a number 6 is stamped with some mark like this #...didnt see the exact one on that site..but some came clost to the frame and grip style.

it is good that we meet in the struggle of life or death.. .....it shall be life!
Go to Top of Page

22WRF
Advanced Member

USA
3316 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  09:17:33 AM  Show Profile
The N letter is the German proof mark
N is for Nitro

Go to Top of Page

kris

918 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  09:49:04 AM  Show Profile
would nitro be the mfg then?

Go to Top of Page

Xracer
Advanced Member

2551 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  10:05:54 AM  Show Profile
No Kris....."Nitro" means the pistol is designed and tested for "Nitro Powder" (higher perssure modern smokeless powder), not for the earlier, lower pressure, Blackpowder.

Edited by - Xracer on 03/12/2004 10:08:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

22WRF
Advanced Member

USA
3316 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  10:07:14 AM  Show Profile
No Nitro It just the proof mark.
quote:
barrel is gun metal grey with a steel liner

This idicates to me that the barrel is made from some sort of pot metal
and puts your gun in the "saturday special" class of cheap imports that flooded the market before the 1968 ban.

Go to Top of Page

kris

918 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  10:57:09 AM  Show Profile
ok..thanks

Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

15732 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  11:20:33 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by kris

i found what appears to be a hallmark...it has a crown with the letter n stamped above it...also a number 6 is stamped with some mark like this #...didnt see the exact one on that site..but some came clost to the frame and grip style.

IF?, the proof mark is as you describe it, ( the proof is commonly described as a captial letter "N" with a "Crown" above it ) your pistol is older then the previous posters speculated.

The "Crown N" proof was in common use in Germany, only until 1939 when the nazi's changed the proof law. The proof then became a "Eagle N".

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2014 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page