GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Well 2A for Oregon is a lost cause.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
40435 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  2:50:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tried to leave some recommendation on GGWG's page and was told instead of making a new topic for each Idea make them all under one. So I did that. Now they have deleted everything. So much for the 1st on there. I was even nice about it.

1. Was vetting future speakers One so they do not incriminate themselves like the guy yesterday saying he was building AR's for friends.

2.We are having a primary election in May. We need to get the nominees stance on 2A and if they are for it get them to speak at any future rally's.

I did also say putting them all under one topic and having people post about it will get real Confusing.

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
40435 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  2:52:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PS all my other posts have also been deleted.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/goodguyswithg/

Edited by - grumpygy on 04/15/2018 2:53:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
40435 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  3:04:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now I'm being told Facebook deleted them. Sure blame it on facebook.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sky Redneck
Advanced Member

Kuwait
16573 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  3:11:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That guy sounds like a control freak, this is one of the problems, everyone wants to be a leader and have thier views as the top priority.
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
40435 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  3:12:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Big Sky Redneck

That guy sounds like a control freak, this is one of the problems, everyone wants to be a leader and have thier views as the top priority.

Guys gotten on my bad side real quick, and that could be a problem cause I know where he lives.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sky Redneck
Advanced Member

Kuwait
16573 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  3:15:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read some of his posts, may as well put a header up that says “My way or the highway”

Once again, a good cause divided up by egos.
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
40435 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  3:30:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
David let me address your concern directly. You are posting conversational sentences. You don't need to do that for everything you need or want to be heard. Comment. We are focused on the second yes. Which is why we won't allow swearing, flags, badgering. All free speech. The reason for your posts being denied is because you are not doing it write. Posts are larger topics.

Think I will get kicked off soon. Cause I just replied to that and others are asking the same thing.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sky Redneck
Advanced Member

Kuwait
16573 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  3:34:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by grumpygy

quote:
David let me address your concern directly. You are posting conversational sentences. You don't need to do that for everything you need or want to be heard. Comment. We are focused on the second yes. Which is why we won't allow swearing, flags, badgering. All free speech. The reason for your posts being denied is because you are not doing it write. Posts are larger topics.

Think I will get kicked off soon. Cause I just replied to that and others are asking the same thing.

Correct his spelling, they hate that
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
40435 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  3:40:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He is an Author.
He is Actually.
right not write.
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
40435 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  3:41:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
You at posting comments as post. This isn't an debate. If you do not know the difference please consult the fb help pages. Comment away. And please don't post every idea that comes to mind. Thank you.

Think I am done.
Go to Top of Page

bpost
Advanced Member

Azerbaijan
37447 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  3:42:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Then why bother if you can't do it write (sic)???

The man is a dumbass.

I am a practicing Curmudgeon, someone that hates hypocrisy and pretense and has the temerity to say so.

Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
40435 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  3:43:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tried to respond to his last but he deleted it too.

My Post was going to be.

quote:
Two how many is that. Did that confuse you also it's Right not write.
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
40435 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  3:47:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been banned. What a Moron.
Go to Top of Page

Dads3040
Advanced Member

USA
13580 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  4:04:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It might help if you figured out first if there is an issue to be discussed.

I have at least twice now seen you post about the guy who said he built ARs for friends. So what? If the friend purchased the components and he assembled them for the owner, under no reasonable evaluation has he done anything to worry about.

If you know for a fact that the guy bought the parts, built the ARs, and then gave/sold them to friends, you have a legitimate point. If you don't know, then you are raising an issue, one that an anti-2A activist reading the FB page could exploit, when no issue exists.

If you want to direct how the 2A fight is conducted, there is nothing stopping you. Conversely, I can tell you from personal experience that getting craploads of advice from folks who are minimally involved in the effort gets pretty old pretty fast.

YMMV

The Object in Life is not to be with the Majority, but Rather to Avoid finding Oneself in the Ranks of the Insane. Marcus Aurelius
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
40435 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  4:29:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dads3040

It might help if you figured out first if there is an issue to be discussed.

I have at least twice now seen you post about the guy who said he built ARs for friends. So what? If the friend purchased the components and he assembled them for the owner, under no reasonable evaluation has he done anything to worry about.

If you know for a fact that the guy bought the parts, built the ARs, and then gave/sold them to friends, you have a legitimate point. If you don't know, then you are raising an issue, one that an anti-2A activist reading the FB page could exploit, when no issue exists.

If you want to direct how the 2A fight is conducted, there is nothing stopping you. Conversely, I can tell you from personal experience that getting craploads of advice from folks who are minimally involved in the effort gets pretty old pretty fast.

YMMV

But the way he did his speech I'm sure he will be contacted soon. But that was not the Point It was people were giving speeches and he had no Idea what the topic was. And at that what he wanted was any suggestion be placed under one topic. That was not problem I moved mine to one topic. I was trying to work with him. I only made two suggestions.

I was banned before I could make that last reply.

But I may still be part of it in the new place MeWe. Just have to keep my mouth shut.

Edited by - grumpygy on 04/15/2018 4:35:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dads3040
Advanced Member

USA
13580 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  4:47:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David, I am not trying to discount your intentions to help. I can only suggest that having been where this GGWG fellow is, your's aren't the only 'suggestions' he is getting.

It is far past likely that he has been getting emails, texts, phone calls, FB posts...all with advice on how he ought to be doing what he is doing...from people not doing anything.

After a short time, it is difficult to not just summarily dismiss all of it, even though some comments like yours are good advice.

Maybe offer to help with the effort, and build some skin-in-the-game credibility before offering more advice. It is my experience that it wouldn't take much on your part for someone like the GGWG guy to realize that you are trying to help, rather than just kibbitz from the sidelines.

The Object in Life is not to be with the Majority, but Rather to Avoid finding Oneself in the Ranks of the Insane. Marcus Aurelius

Edited by - Dads3040 on 04/15/2018 4:48:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
40435 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  5:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With all your good Suggestions where were you Yesterday.
Go to Top of Page

Dads3040
Advanced Member

USA
13580 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  6:20:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was celebrating and honoring my Dad on his birthday with my family as we have done every year since he left us.

I figured since I spent two days in Salem just last week with legislators and others on our side, another day in an attorney's office discussing a possible challenge to IP 43 & IP44, and wrote a couple thousand dollar check for the last legal conference, it might be Okay if I let others pitch in Saturday.

I hope that was acceptable.

Go to Top of Page

mag00
Advanced Member

3048 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  6:25:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

David, I am not trying to discount your intentions to help. I can only suggest that having been where this GGWG fellow is, your's aren't the only 'suggestions' he is getting.

It is far past likely that he has been getting emails, texts, phone calls, FB posts...all with advice on how he ought to be doing what he is doing...from people not doing anything.

After a short time, it is difficult to not just summarily dismiss all of it, even though some comments like yours are good advice.

Maybe offer to help with the effort, and build some skin-in-the-game credibility before offering more advice. It is my experience that it wouldn't take much on your part for someone like the GGWG guy to realize that you are trying to help, rather than just kibbitz from the sidelines.

Dads, this is great armchair quarterbacking. What many fail to see is the the indians are in search of a chief. If the self proclaimed chief is a dipstick, it hurts the overall cause, and distracts from the indians finding a decent chief to support.

So now there are too many chiefs vying for top chief, and most are dipstick. The better question is when will a true leader appear?

"My guns aren't worth dying for, but my freedoms are". guns-n-painthorses 3-30-2018

If anything can go right, it will go right and at the best possible time.
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
40435 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  6:34:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mag00

quote:

Dads, this is great armchair quarterbacking. What many fail to see is the the indians are in search of a chief. If the self proclaimed chief is a dipstick, it hurts the overall cause, and distracts from the indians finding a decent chief to support.

So now there are too many chiefs vying for top chief, and most are dipstick. The better question is when will a true leader appear?

Know I don't want to be that leader, kind of too abrasive at times to get the sheep to where I need them. Now if this was just Marines no Problem. Think it was Clint who said a man has got to know his limitations.
Go to Top of Page

mag00
Advanced Member

3048 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  6:46:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Know I don't want to be that leader, kind of too abrasive at times to get the sheep to where I need them. Now if this was just Marines no Problem. Think it was Clint who said a man has got to know his limitations.

How do you know your limits if you don't push them? Marines? Yessh, the sheeeeple need discipline and be told what to do, that is why the leftists win, somebody is making their decisions for them.

The 2a group is far to independent to support just any mouthpiece.

"My guns aren't worth dying for, but my freedoms are". guns-n-painthorses 3-30-2018

Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
40435 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  6:48:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

How do you know your limits if you don't push them? Marines? Yessh, the sheeeeple need discipline and be told what to do, that is why the leftists win, somebody is making their decisions for them.

The 2a group is far to independent to support just any mouthpiece.

Um I got banned that good enough. And I wasn't pushing it. Trust me at 62 I think I know how I affect people.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sky Redneck
Advanced Member

Kuwait
16573 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  7:31:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

I spent a year in Iraq in a supervisory position, even went to gov mandated classes to do it.

I can tell you what I learned being in charge of truckdrivers. Independant people which is what most truckdrivers are are about as bullheaded as they come and trying to lead them brings new meanings to the phrase “hearding cats”

It is because of that experaince that I will never be in charge of anything again and this is why I fought so hard to become 100% independant and 100% self employed.

I will help organize, give my $0.02 and do my best to follow. But in order for me to follow the leader needs to be there for reasons other than wanting to be in charge. I am a firm believer in appointments to positions, not self appointments. If one wants to be serious and form a group let the group blossum and organize and eventualy elect/appoint its leaders. A group that has a poor leader who thinks he/she is entitled to that position will fail. Look at the big gun rights groups, they are not run like a militia’ed cult.
Go to Top of Page

Dads3040
Advanced Member

USA
13580 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  9:04:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I guess I wouldn't call what I have been doing armchair anything.

I was offering a bit of advice on how to be politically effective, from someone who actually has been. Since most people can't spell Politically Effective, let alone put the concept into practice, I thought it might help. My hopes for that are fading fast.

Far too often, those 'waiting for a leader to appear', are engaged in something that looks a lot like waiting for someone else to do something.

If it serves no other purpose, this thread perfectly illustrates what I said in the SAF thread a few days ago as to why our side gets it's ass kicked on such a wonderfully regular schedule: Because we spend more effort tossing turds at our own side than we ever do tossing them at the opposition.

Go to Top of Page

mag00
Advanced Member

3048 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  9:59:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

I was offering a bit of advice on how to be politically effective, from someone who actually has been. Since most people can't spell Politically Effective, let alone put the concept into practice, I thought it might help. My hopes for that are fading fast.

Far too often, those 'waiting for a leader to appear', are engaged in something that looks a lot like waiting for someone else to do something.

If it serves no other purpose, this thread perfectly illustrates what I said in the SAF thread a few days ago as to why our side gets it's ass kicked on such a wonderfully regular schedule: Because we spend more effort tossing turds at our own side than we ever do tossing them at the opposition.

And your reply is yet another turd, so what is the solution? Or what is your version of the solution?

I brought mine to the table years ago, and got dogpiled. Then the whole topic got banned and threatened to be banished if I ever resurrect the topic.

Please enlighten us...

Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
40435 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  06:50:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just thought I would add.

quote:
Jerry Redding You weren't banned for making suggestions. I know the truth. You are member of my main group, March for the 2nd Amendment, in which I am one of the Admin for it, as well as a Moderator for GGWG. So Don't sit here and complain about being removed from the group.

David Nelson
David Nelson boy that's cryptic, so what did I do. Cause to be honest I don't have a clue. I was trying to do everything he asked.

Go to Top of Page

Dads3040
Advanced Member

USA
13580 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  2:20:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And your reply is yet another turd, so what is the solution? Or what is your version of the solution?

I brought mine to the table years ago, and got dogpiled. Then the whole topic got banned and threatened to be banished if I ever resurrect the topic.

Please enlighten us...

OK. One more time.

It is simple, but not easy.

1) Get involved. This doesn't mean going to a rally once in a while.
2) Contribute funds to the NRA-ILA, GOA, SAF, or your local 2A rights groups. Most gun-owners haven't contributed the cost of a decent gun to the cause to keep those guns over their entire lives.
3) Contribute to pro-2A candidates. See above.
4) More than writing letters, get to know your representatives. Someone they have met carries more weight than someone who pops up because they are currently PO'd about _____.
5) Work to elect those candidates. Walk neighborhoods with them. Nothing impacts voters like a personal discussion with a fellow citizen who cares enough to spend their time. It makes a big difference.
7) If there are hearings about legislation, get there to at least be in attendance, and to speak for/against as is appropriate...and if you are able to be cogent and calm. Angry ranting a raving does nothing positive. Nothing.

This outline will get anyone started, if they truly intend to do something productive.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page