GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Older men courting/dating younger women
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43726 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  12:03:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://tinyurl.com/y7vp22nd

What's next

A couple of favorite quotes:

"What goes around comes around."

“Abe, climb down from Mt. Rushmore, and vacate the penny. Your days in the pantheon are over, thanks to the scholarship and courage of Thomas J. DiLorenzo.” — Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

Edited by - kimi on 11/14/2017 12:12:33 PM

p3skyking
Advanced Member

USA
23863 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  12:18:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll wait for the follow up article about Older Muslim men dating, raping, and marrying teen, pre-teen, and infant girls.

A man who says he has never been scared is either lying or else he's never been anywhere or done anything
Sackett

A man who has not known many women cannot appreciate the value of one. The Walking Drum

A man's success he can share with others, his troubles are his own. Comstock Lode

A ship does not sail with yesterdays wind. The Walking Drum

Go to Top of Page

Sam06
Advanced Member

11408 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  12:25:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The press loves to point out any abhorrent behavior by Christians.

RLTW

Proud white heteronormative cis-male member of the Kyriarchy

Liberalism: The haunting feeling that someone, somewhere, might be having a good time.
Go to Top of Page

discusdad
Advanced Member

USA
9564 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  12:29:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is very evident still in the few polygamous mormon sects still active here in montana. husband generally in his later years has added wives to the collection from his mid 20s on. i personally known a man pushing my age-67- that took on a 22 year old wife just a year or so ago. his 7th..this practice is quickly dieing out tho. i know of no multi-partnered pairings under 40 here currently. none of the high school aged young ladies that i have coached are willing to join that lifestyle..

but this article does not address why moore went after the 14 year old..

Edited by - discusdad on 11/14/2017 12:30:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Don McManus
Advanced Member

USA
25007 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  12:35:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://qz.com/783681/child-marriage-is-allowed-in-more-than-100-countries-including-the-united-states/

'Many countries make a legal exemption for people belonging to a specific religion. For instance, the minimum age for marriage without permission is 21 in the Philippines. But the law makes an exception for Muslims–Muslim girls can be married at puberty, and Muslim boys at 15.

In Trinidad and Tobago, the legal age for civil and Christian marriage is 18 for men and women. But the law allows Muslim men to marry at 16 and Muslim women at 12, and Hindu men to marry at 18 and Hindu women at 14.

In 37 countries, the minimum age for women is less than the minimum age requirement for men. In Sudan for instance, boys are allowed to marry at 15, while girls can marry at 10 by law. In India and Bangladesh, the minimum age for men is 21, while women can be married at 18.

Six countries–South Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Equatorial Guinea, Gambia, Somalia and Yemen–have no legal restrictions on a minimum age for marriage. However, in many countries, the law doesn’t affect actual practice–and child marriage continues despite regulations.'

While the OP article states a couple of times that most Christians believe the practice of courting pubescent females by men is abhorrent, the overwhelming suggestion is that the practice is condoned by a many fundamentalists.

While it is condoned by some, I would suggest it is not a function of a specific religion, but a function of fairly extreme and antiquated beliefs.

I would also suggest, based upon the laws on the books in many countries as referenced in the link above, that the problem is less significant in the Christian faith than in others.

'Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.'
Brad Steele.

'The Constitution that was actually enacted and formally amended creates islands of government powers in a sea of liberty. The judicially redacted constitution creates islands of liberty rights in a sea of governmental powers.'
Randy E. Barnett

CA #3

Edited by - Don McManus on 11/14/2017 12:43:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43726 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  12:37:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by p3skyking

I'll wait for the follow up article about Older Muslim men dating, raping, and marrying teen, pre-teen, and infant girls.

Well, being an old sailor, you know better than to hold your breath, need I say more?

What's next

“Abe, climb down from Mt. Rushmore, and vacate the penny. Your days in the pantheon are over, thanks to the scholarship and courage of Thomas J. DiLorenzo.” — Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

Go to Top of Page

wpageabc
Advanced Member

USA
4963 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  12:38:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you get older. It all starts looking good...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Go to Top of Page

nmyers
Advanced Member

15310 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  12:44:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had no idea this sort of thing still went on.

Next thing, you'll be telling me teenage boys are still running moonshine in souped up cars.

Neal
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43726 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  12:54:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Don McManus

https://qz.com/783681/child-marriage-is-allowed-in-more-than-100-countries-including-the-united-states/

'Many countries make a legal exemption for people belonging to a specific religion. For instance, the minimum age for marriage without permission is 21 in the Philippines. But the law makes an exception for Muslims–Muslim girls can be married at puberty, and Muslim boys at 15.

In Trinidad and Tobago, the legal age for civil and Christian marriage is 18 for men and women. But the law allows Muslim men to marry at 16 and Muslim women at 12, and Hindu men to marry at 18 and Hindu women at 14.

In 37 countries, the minimum age for women is less than the minimum age requirement for men. In Sudan for instance, boys are allowed to marry at 15, while girls can marry at 10 by law. In India and Bangladesh, the minimum age for men is 21, while women can be married at 18.

Six countries–South Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Equatorial Guinea, Gambia, Somalia and Yemen–have no legal restrictions on a minimum age for marriage. However, in many countries, the law doesn’t affect actual practice–and child marriage continues despite regulations.'

While the OP article states a couple of times that most Christians believe the practice of courting pubescent females by men is abhorrent, the overwhelming suggestion is that the practice is condoned by a many fundamentalists.

While it is condoned by some, I would suggest it is not a function of a specific religion, but a function of fairly extreme and antiquated beliefs.

I would also suggest, based upon the laws on the books in many countries as referenced in the link above, that the problem is less significant in the Christian faith than in others.

Very good, Don, realizing of course that my generation was raised in a society that fully accepted parents that were of a generation where older men marrying younger women, 14 not being all that unusual, and 20 being somewhat of a spinster, was as typical as the day is long. So it is not surprising that this practice continued well into my generation too. Meaning that such a practice is not nearly as old fashioned as the progressives would have one, or demand one to believe, which is to say that generation wise, such practice has been viewed as extreme for a short period of time, only.

What's next

Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43726 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  1:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nmyers

I had no idea this sort of thing still went on.

Next thing, you'll be telling me teenage boys are still running moonshine in souped up cars.

Neal

I don't think it is still going on much at all, but if there is anyone here that does not know of, read about, or heard of older males marrying teenage females, they have either lived their lives under a rock or they are not thinking clearly.

What's next

Go to Top of Page

mrmike08075
Cancer Fighter

USA
6939 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  1:07:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am 15+ years older than Makaila (who is over 30 now)

She is strong and independent and educated and a professional and dominant and not shy or a shrinking violet - she knows her own mind and knows who she is.

Many of these may December (okay January December maybe) relationships are about dominance and control mental and physical and financial...

And I am sorry but at my age at this point if she is under 30 it won't work and I would not be so interested let alone under age of consent or under 21 or a teen child.

I don't get that unless your a pervert or sadist or or a pedophile or a nut job....

Mike

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.

Nothing gold can stay. Nature's first green is gold. Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leafs flower. But only so an hour. Than leaf subsides to leaf. So eden sank to grief. So dawn goes down today. Nothing gold can stay. (Robert Frost)
Go to Top of Page

Don McManus
Advanced Member

USA
25007 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  1:22:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kimi

quote:

Very good, Don, realizing of course that my generation was raised in a society that fully accepted parents that were of a generation where older men marrying younger women, 14 not being all that unusual, and 20 being somewhat of a spinster, was as typical as the day is long. So it is not surprising that this practice continued well into my generation too. Meaning that such a practice is not nearly as old fashioned as the progressives would have one, or demand one to believe, which is to say that generation wise, such practice has been viewed as extreme for a short period of time, only.

Perhaps antiquated was a bit of an exaggeration on my part, kimi.

https://www.infoplease.com/us/marital-status/median-age-first-marriage-1890-2010

The chart in the link above is interesting. It shows a steady decrease in the median age of marriage for women from 1890 to the 1950s, holding steady between 20 and 21 through the 70s and then slowly raising through the present day.

A median age of 20.3 in the 1950s and 1960s means that half were less than that age, so a very large percentage were obviously in their teens.

Brad Steele.

'The Constitution that was actually enacted and formally amended creates islands of government powers in a sea of liberty. The judicially redacted constitution creates islands of liberty rights in a sea of governmental powers.'
Randy E. Barnett

CA #3

Go to Top of Page

droptop
Advanced Member

USA
4490 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  1:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One more reason the United States is not the best place to live if you don't need to make money / retired. I'm with a woman almost 30 years younger and that is VERY COMMON, frankly she's a little on the "old side".

Anyone with any money, not everyone, but many men have at least one "mistress" plus his wife. Supports his wife in style but normally does NOT live with her.

Those making around $1000 per month have no problem keeping an "exclusive" mistress for $50 or so a month plus their wife. That isn't cash that's the rent. Any woman that asks for "cash" or asks for "stuff" is a prostitute. The custom is to "offer" to help. Not much in the way of help, the guy might be looking for another mistress. Goes to show, being poor suks.

The more you pay, the more exclusive the relationship.

Costs are about 50% higher in the cities, maybe double.

The above is about mistresses. 55 year old guys marrying 15 years old girls isn't frowned upon. More of a sign the girl will be well taken care of and the guy obviously has money,, it's the girls decision, no one is forced.
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43726 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  3:26:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Perhaps antiquated was a bit of an exaggeration on my part, kimi.

https://www.infoplease.com/us/marital-status/median-age-first-marriage-1890-2010

The chart in the link above is interesting. It shows a steady decrease in the median age of marriage for women from 1890 to the 1950s, holding steady between 20 and 21 through the 70s and then slowly raising through the present day.

A median age of 20.3 in the 1950s and 1960s means that half were less than that age, so a very large percentage were obviously in their teens.

Point made, Don. All too many people today cannot fathom such stats as being the norm for huge swaths of our nation such a short time ago. My mother was married at fourteen to my father who was twenty-four. That was typical in 1930. My parents were not against their daughter marrying at fifteen to a sailor, who had just finished his active duty service, so they were married. This marriage was legal and acceptable to the times...1954 Texas. Neither marriage was a shotgun type wedding. My mother and father waited five years after their marriage to start their own family, perhaps, because my mother desired a break since a large part of her life was caught up with helping raise her nine younger siblings. This stated, you can understand why the one mother told her teen age daughter that she should consider herself the luckiest girl in the world that Roy Moore wanted to date her.

What's next

Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43726 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  3:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by discusdad

what the hell are you reading into my reply? pulling shade out of the sky i guess..and FU with the village idiot comment if it was directed at me you arrogant ass..
quote:

quote:

this is very evident still in the few polygamous mormon sects still active here in montana. husband generally in his later years has added wives to the collection from his mid 20s on. i personally known a man pushing my age-67- that took on a 22 year old wife just a year or so ago. his 7th..this practice is quickly dieing out tho. i know of no multi-partnered pairings under 40 here currently. none of the high school aged young ladies that i have coached are willing to join that lifestyle..

but this article does not address why moore went after the 14 year old..

You're thinking like the media desires you to think, when the real issue is about adult teen relationships that are not judged in a lot of communities, from a historical, cultural perspective. The fact that it is timed to highlight Roy Moore is, of course, not surprising...even to the village idiot.

No offense meant, discusdad, just the way I see one side of the extremes in cultural norms.

What's next

Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43726 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  3:31:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrmike08075

Time out guys

Go to a neutral corner

Take a breath - take a drink

No apocalyptic melt downs or lockouts

Your both better than this.

Group hug time - probably not right now.

Mike

discusdad and I bump heads sometimes, but we always get over it...but thank you, Mike!!!!

What's next

Go to Top of Page

remingtonoaks
Advanced Member

USA
14244 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  3:43:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Well, being an old sailor, you know better than to hold your breath, need I say more?

If the Liberals take back the power in this country you wouldn't be holding it too long. They'll probably make it mandatory for teenage girls to marry older Muslim guys
Go to Top of Page

mrmike08075
Cancer Fighter

USA
6939 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  3:54:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You both may be interested in the whistle pig...

Look for the thread here and take a look.

Mike

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.

Nothing gold can stay. Nature's first green is gold. Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leafs flower. But only so an hour. Than leaf subsides to leaf. So eden sank to grief. So dawn goes down today. Nothing gold can stay. (Robert Frost)
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43726 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  3:58:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by remingtonoaks

quote:

quote:

If the Liberals take back the power in this country you wouldn't be holding it too long. They'll probably make it mandatory for teenage girls to marry older Muslim guys

The progressive ones are pervs, IMO, so that could be a very distinct possibility.

What's next

Go to Top of Page

Don McManus
Advanced Member

USA
25007 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  4:07:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Point made, Don. All too many people today cannot fathom such stats as being the norm for huge swaths of our nation such a short time ago. My mother was married at fourteen to my father who was twenty-four. That was typical in 1930. My parents were not against their daughter marrying at fifteen to a sailor, who had just finished his active duty service, so they were married. This marriage was legal and acceptable to the times...1954 Texas. Neither marriage was a shotgun type wedding. My mother and father waited five years after their marriage to start their own family, perhaps, because my mother desired a break since a large part of her life was caught up with helping raise her nine younger siblings. This stated, you can understand why the one mother told her teen age daughter that she should consider herself the luckiest girl in the world that Roy Moore wanted to date her.

Folks do tend to ignore how compact our history is, kimi

They forget that it was in 2003 that the last widow of a Union Soldier died and 2004 when the last widow of a Confederate Soldier died. No doubt these two were extreme examples of inter-generational marriage, but they do show that it is something that has, does, and will continue to be a part of our culture.

One must ask, however, if Roy Moore was truly looking for a bride. He did, in 1985, marry a young lady 14 years his junior. She being 24 when he was 38.

Brad Steele.

Randy E. Barnett

CA #3

Edited by - Don McManus on 11/14/2017 4:13:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43726 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  4:08:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don, notice the 1950, 1960, 1970 stats median age are 20.3 as you mentioned, plus 20.8 for 1970. All three stats lower than the previous and latter median age. Why this drop in median age for these decades? That's interesting, and might well have had something to do with the females reminding their mothers that they married at an early age too.

What's next

Edited by - kimi on 11/14/2017 4:10:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43726 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  4:21:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

They forget that it was in 2003 that the last widow of a Union Soldier died and 2004 when the last widow of a Confederate Soldier died. No doubt these two were extreme examples of inter-generational marriage, but they do show that it is something that has, does, and will continue to be a part of our culture.

One must ask, however, if Roy Moore was truly looking for a bride.

As always, Don, well stated!

Now we're splitting hairs between the def of courtship and dating. There are some constants, though, including age and the cultural norms that are being discussed. But, you're right, one definitely must wonder what Roy Moore had in mind, or for that matter, what the other parties had in mind.

What's next

Edited by - kimi on 11/14/2017 4:26:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Don McManus
Advanced Member

USA
25007 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  4:40:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Now we're splitting hairs between the def of courtship and dating. There are some constants, though, including age and the cultural norms that are being discussed. But, you're right, one definitely must wonder what Roy Moore had in mind, or for that matter, what the other parties had in mind.

I must confess, kimi, that my initial reaction to Moore's interview with Hannity was 'What a creep.' You will see in the edit to my previous post that in 1985 Moore married a 24 year old when he was 38 in 1985. No significant difference between that and the 18 year old he was dating when he was 32. Obviously if the story of the 14 year-old being taken to his cabin during the middle of her parent's custody battle is true, there is a huge problem, but I have softened my position regarding the older girls.

If he was earnestly looking for young lady to share his life with, the issue is profoundly different than it is being characterized.

Brad Steele.

Randy E. Barnett

CA #3

Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
24166 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  4:45:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guilty until proven innocent?....
Go to Top of Page

Don McManus
Advanced Member

USA
25007 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  5:01:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pwillie

In what sense?

The problem for the GOP is that Moore is currently polling behind Jones. The court of public opinion does not have any standards, and the Washington Post found enough contemporaneous agreement with the 14 year-old's story to cast doubt.

I don't know if Moore is guilty or not, but it doesn't matter. If the polling data continues to trend away from him, his staying in the race could cost the GOP what should be secure seat.

It is politics. Principle is largely irrelevant.

Brad Steele.

Randy E. Barnett

CA #3

Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43726 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  5:03:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I must confess, kimi, that my initial reaction to Moore's interview with Hannity was 'What a creep.' You will see in the edit to my previous post that in 1985 Moore married a 24 year old when he was 38 in 1985. No significant difference between that and the 18 year old he was dating when he was 32. Obviously if the story of the 14 year-old being taken to his cabin during the middle of her parent's custody battle is true, there is a huge problem, but I have softened my position regarding the older girls.

If he was earnestly looking for young lady to share his life with, the issue is profoundly different than it is being characterized.

He's toast if the story about the 14 year old girl can be proven. Softening your view about the older girls is understandable as I see it. I agree on your last point as well.

What's next

Go to Top of Page

Wulfmann
Advanced Member

USA
5720 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  5:21:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just don't mention Bill Clinton raping women and Hillary attacking their credibility.

That would be wrong

“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison

Go to Top of Page

mogley98
Advanced Member

USA
13154 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  5:22:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the wife would let me I would love to court/date/bed a younger woman :)

Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43726 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  5:24:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wulfmann

Just don't mention Bill Clinton raping women and Hillary attacking their credibility.

That would be wrong

Not only No! But, hell no! The progressives/pervs will go ape!

What's next

Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

49348 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  6:34:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear Roy Moore's favorite movie is Pretty Baby.

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace." -Jesus

"Also he [David] bade them teach the children of Judah [the use of] the bow" -Samuel

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

G1
Go to Top of Page

buddyb
Advanced Member

2962 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  7:15:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love to look at beautiful young women.I love to look at new Corvettes.The last thing I need is either one.
Go to Top of Page

Wulfmann
Advanced Member

USA
5720 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  7:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2 brothers at a family gathering in East Kentucky and one said to the other about their female relative:

Our cousin is looking good, how old is she now:
How come she never married?

“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison

Go to Top of Page

jimdeere
Advanced Member

USA
14787 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  7:35:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ol’ Jack Kennedy like em young, too.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimi_Alford
Go to Top of Page

discusdad
Advanced Member

USA
9564 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  8:38:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the 14 year old or the 30 year old guy? historically its the girl that gets the crap thrown at her in a rape/abuse trial....the good ol boys club sees to that
quote:

Go to Top of Page

droptop
Advanced Member

USA
4490 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  10:30:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

the 14 year old or the 30 year old guy? historically its the girl that gets the crap thrown at her in a rape/abuse trial....the good ol boys club sees to that
quote:

Historically, how many charges are brought up 20+ years after the fact. Next how many have politics involved. There is no crime, only a "smear" campaign. Hate these "shutup, quit and go home" campaigns.
Go to Top of Page

nunn
Administrator

USA
37594 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  10:39:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"When Roy Moore, then 34 years old, asked 17-year-old Debbie Wesson Gibson whether she would date him..."

Interesting. When I first met my wife, she was 17 and I was 34. We didn't date until a good many years later.

GunBroker.com Moderator

The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles

Retired Texas Peace Officer/FFL Dealer

Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net

My GunBroker auctions: http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=3012

Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
24166 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  10:46:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

In what sense?

The problem for the GOP is that Moore is currently polling behind Jones. The court of public opinion does not have any standards, and the Washington Post found enough contemporaneous agreement with the 14 year-old's story to cast doubt.

I don't know if Moore is guilty or not, but it doesn't matter. If the polling data continues to trend away from him, his staying in the race could cost the GOP what should be secure seat.

I hope your right....The Rhinos hated Trump, now they turn their vengeance on Moore....I hope they lose...tired of the guff from Mitchell and his goons...
Go to Top of Page

rambo rebel
Advanced Member

3252 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  10:46:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm 60 and if a 25-35 yo wanted to fondle the old ball park, who am I to stop them? the wife might step in.............., but IF I were single again............................

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken;>).........

Even IF there is no God, what if we just lived our lives as if there were?

If the people who think about changing the world would think about changing themselves, they might accomplish both.
Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
24166 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  10:50:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

...Roy Moore is not the good ole boys club...why do you think this came out?....if Luther Strange had won the primary, this would not be center stage...I believe the Republican National Party has torpedoed Roy Moore...they don't want him in the Senate...
Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
24166 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  10:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

In what sense?

....you believe the polls?
Go to Top of Page

discusdad
Advanced Member

USA
9564 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  11:18:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
most rape trials/cases are nothing but a "good ol boys" club.
attack the victim for being a sister with no credibility, and the accused was just "boys will be boys" the same attitude a lot on this board has...reference teachers abusing students....its nothing when the student is a boy, but the girl is a sister if a male teacher accosts her. she dressed that way because she wanted it. etc etc the saying are endless to ignore the behavior of the guy[if he is white] that good ol boys club.
non southerner have seen this for years, its been ingrained in you southerners since the owners would go back outside the main house to try some brown sugar. just boys being boys...edit
substitute "woman of loose morals, a 4 letter word for :sister]
quote:

quote:

quote:

...Roy Moore is not the good ole boys club...why do you think this came out?....if Luther Strange had won the primary, this would not be center stage...I believe the Republican National Party has torpedoed Roy Moore...they don't want him in the Senate...

Edited by - discusdad on 11/14/2017 11:20:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

dakotashooter2
Advanced Member

5747 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2017 :  12:10:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel guilty dating a woman 12 years my junior.

For those who believe Obama is the Messiah remember, prophecy tells use the antichrist will proceed the TRUE Messiah.
Go to Top of Page

gruntled
Advanced Member

10219 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2017 :  12:29:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about the President of France? He was only 15 when his wife was his teacher. She is 24 years older than him.

I dated a gal for over two years starting when I was 28 who had a son that was only two years younger than me. In praise of older women. They don't tell, they don't swell & they're grateful as Hell.
Go to Top of Page

Brookwood
Advanced Member

USA
2879 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2017 :  05:29:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heterosexual consenting partnerships to me are a breath of fresh air in this country these days! The Lib's have done their best to make just about every other "perversion" ordinary and status quo.

There is and always has been a different standard set of "norms" (can't think of a better word) between what is considered OK between Male activities and Female activities.

We constantly hear about and mostly joke about what we now call "Cougar's", where much older women are taking on much younger men.
The reality of this is no big deal and gets mostly positive attention.

When this gets turned around and a man is put in the same spot as the cougar.......All the bets are off and the guy is in for a good sacking to say the least! His good name and reputation are in the crapper.

To simplify for my own simple mind to comprehend, I conclude that a Man is supposed to know better and is judged harshly while a Woman gets off the hook because she is considered the inferior sex and needs a good man (of any age) to set her straight.

Please don't get me wrong here but what has come down through the ages is still being stirred in the pot. True changes take many generations and some things will never change.

IMHO, true morality is engrained within us all from the moment we draw our first breath.
Go to Top of Page

Warbirds
Advanced Member

USA
12906 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2017 :  06:30:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I present - a pretty accurate country song on the topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sed7bPJkqYc&app=desktop

"I couldn't possibly care less. Im actually trying to care less and just can't get there." - Kevd18
Go to Top of Page

discusdad
Advanced Member

USA
9564 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2017 :  06:32:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
judges and lawyers good ol boys club
quote:

quote:

quote:

Go to Top of Page

mlincoln
Advanced Member

4896 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2017 :  07:54:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

One must ask, however, if Roy Moore was truly looking for a bride. He did, in 1985, marry a young lady 14 years his junior. She being 24 when he was 38.

Yeah, we probably shouldn't ignore that part of it. None of the women say he was wanting to meet their father so he could ask for her hand in marriage. The 14 year old said he was looking for some cat, and not the one up in the tree.

He was brought in to be a speaker in a high school class and went looking for strange during it.

Sorry, but that's sleazy right there.
Go to Top of Page

discusdad
Advanced Member

USA
9564 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2017 :  12:23:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
to my knowledge, the then 14 year old has not pressed charged.
she has only made statements as to Mr Moore. SOL has expired anyway so no legal charges could be filed anyways.
quote:
Originally posted by droptop

quote:

quote:

Historically, how many charges are brought up 20+ years after the fact. Next how many have politics involved. There is no crime, only a "smear" campaign. Hate these "shutup, quit and go home" campaigns.

Go to Top of Page

allen griggs
Advanced Member

USA
31431 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2017 :  1:36:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder what the age of consent was in Alabama in the year that Moore supposedly "dated" the 14 year old.
Because, in that year, the age of consent in Georgia was 14.
Go to Top of Page

discusdad
Advanced Member

USA
9564 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2017 :  2:11:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wiki lists it as 16, then and now
quote:
Originally posted by allen griggs

I wonder what the age of consent was in Alabama in the year that Moore supposedly "dated" the 14 year old.
Because, in that year, the age of consent in Georgia was 14.

Edited by - discusdad on 11/15/2017 2:12:17 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page