GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 US Military Veteran Forum - Vietnam
 WHEN WE WERE YOUNG
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43742 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2013 :  09:34:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you get the chance, post up some old pictures of yourself and your buds. Here's a couple of mine during the Vietnam era, but in different locations:

OPERATION TULUNGAN FEBRUARY TO APRIL 1962
MAMBURAO, PHILIPPINES
Completely Out Of This World
Camp John H. Glenn
Home of BLT 3/4 (North) USMC

Yours truly, front rank 2nd from right

MCRD SAN DIEGO, CA, 1968

With the guidon

What's next

A couple of favorite quotes:

"What goes around comes around."

“Abe, climb down from Mt. Rushmore, and vacate the penny. Your days in the pantheon are over, thanks to the scholarship and courage of Thomas J. DiLorenzo.” — Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
29484 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2013 :  09:54:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My photos are included in this batch.

There are 145 album's of pictures of various USARSUPTHAI bases and camps on Sky Drive:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=6e60952406111394&resid=6E60952406111394!111&parid=6E60952406111394!106&authkey=!AJiIrdiIQy46mBA

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is they way it is. The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference.

All comments posted here are my opinion as expressed via the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

United States Army ~ USARSUPTHAI 1967-1968
Go to Top of Page

Old-Colts
Advanced Member

USA
22045 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2013 :  3:17:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were so much younger then, we're older than that now!

Here is a scan of our Company picture from Boot Camp (1967). I'm in the second row up from the bottom, including the row that is kneeling, 3rd from the right.

Here is scan of our Company Petty Officers. I'm in the third row up from the bottom, including the row that is kneeling, 2nd from right. I have no idea how I made Petty Officer in Boot Camp; they must have seen traits that suggested I was destined for leadership!

1972-73, Tonkin Gulf, USS Midway (CVA-41), VAW-115, E2B Aircrew. Flying Airborne Early Warning and Strike Control missions.

Onboard the USS Midway (CVA-41), Tonkin Gulf, just outside the Avionics Shop, 1972. Hair complements of the Zumwalt era and my rebellious nature! My feeling at the time was; I did my job very well and if they wanted to suspend me from flying, well, no problem, less chance of crashing and burning!!!!!

Getting some kind of award from my skipper on the hanger deck of the Midway (1973-74).

Me and my mom at my youngest sister's wedding (1975). It was mom's request that I wear my Navy duds!

The modern era; back on the USS Midway in front of an E2 (2005).

Edited by - Old-Colts on 12/04/2013 5:49:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43742 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2013 :  7:38:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great pictures! I'll try to dig some more up after T-Day too.

What's next

A couple of favorite quotes:

"What goes around comes around."

“Abe, climb down from Mt. Rushmore, and vacate the penny. Your days in the pantheon are over, thanks to the scholarship and courage of Thomas J. DiLorenzo.” — Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

Go to Top of Page

Laredo Lefty
Advanced Member

USA
13293 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2013 :  3:20:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fort Ord Ca, Army Basic Training... top row 5th from left.

Nam with my 16.... That flak vest later saved my ass.
[/i

With my 60

Ah yes, when we were young. Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end.

Joe
"Never let school interfere with your education"

Edited by - Laredo Lefty on 09/29/2017 01:34:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

riflemike
Advanced Member

USA
7532 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2017 :  1:07:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Old-Colts

We were so much younger then, we're older than that now!

Here is a scan of our Company picture from Boot Camp (1967). I'm in the second row up from the bottom, including the row that is kneeling, 3rd from the right.

Here is scan of our Company Petty Officers. I'm in the third row up from the bottom, including the row that is kneeling, 2nd from right. I have no idea how I made Petty Officer in Boot Camp; they must have seen traits that suggested I was destined for leadership!

1972-73, Tonkin Gulf, USS Midway (CVA-41), VAW-115, E2B Aircrew. Flying Airborne Early Warning and Strike Control missions.

Onboard the USS Midway (CVA-41), Tonkin Gulf, just outside the Avionics Shop, 1972. Hair complements of the Zumwalt era and my rebellious nature! My feeling at the time was; I did my job very well and if they wanted to suspend me from flying, well, no problem, less chance of crashing and burning!!!!!

Getting some kind of award from my skipper on the hanger deck of the Midway (1973-74).

Me and my mom at my youngest sister's wedding (1975). It was mom's request that I wear my Navy duds!

The modern era; back on the USS Midway in front of an E2 (2005).

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death.
Go to Top of Page

riflemike
Advanced Member

USA
7532 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2017 :  1:09:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was born about 2 years too late for VN...i feel guilty sometimes

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page