GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 US Military Veteran Forum - Vietnam
 Air Force ? Could this be true?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
29484 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2015 :  6:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Passing this on for verification is anyone knows:

A retired Air Force buddy forwarded this to me. I haven't verified or heard this before, but it wouldn't surprise me if true....Anybody read the book?

Ever wondered why so many of our military aviators in Vietnam got shot down?

Evidently this disturbing fact seems to be true. Below is a review of the book at Amazon.com by a verified Amazon purchaser!

By Charles P. Slaton on May 29, 2015
Format: Hardcover Verified Purchase

Fellow Aviators ... did you ever wonder why the NVA seemed to know that we were coming? Well they did! The Johnson-Robert Strange-Rusk cabal told the North Vietnam 24-hours ahead the targets that we were going to hit.

This great read tells of the General's life in the Air Force. It also tells that former Secretary of State Dean Rusk was being interviewed by Peter Arnett on a CBS documentary called `The Ten Thousand Day War.' Mr. Arnett asked of M. Rusk, `It has been rumored that the United States provided the North Vietnamese government the names of the targets that would be bombed the following day. Is there any truth to that allegation?' "To my astonishment and absolute disgust, the book reads that former Secretary responded, `Yes. We didn't want to harm the North Vietnamese people, so we passed the targets to the Swiss embassy in Washington with instructions to pass them to the NVN government through their embassy in Hanoi ."

In the book, General Piotrowski also said former Secretary of State Dean Rusk said, "All we wanted to do is demonstrate to the North Vietnamese leadership that we could strike targets at will, but we didn't want to kill innocent people. By giving the North Vietnamese advanced warning of the targets to be attacked, we thought they would tell the workers to go home." With this notice the NVA were able to move AAA and missile batteries to provide maximum damage to US airmen. I wonder how many KIA and POWs were on Secretary Rusk's hands. I wonder how many KIA and POWs were on the Johnson-Robert Strange-Rusk cabal's hands? This disclosure made me sick about that war all over again.

This Act of Treason by LBJ and his handlers is well known to the Aviator communities of all Services. To those of us who flew even one mission North - it is Treason, pure and simple. It smacks of the P.C. mindset, and is being replayed daily in the Obama fantasy of "foreign Policy", A-10 Warthog pilots with night vision, orbit while watching long lines of fully loaded ISIS fuel trucks meander down a limited, choked road net. They describe "bleeding from their eyeballs", because the Obongo Rules of Engagement don't allow decapitating these buzzards - because of his concern re "collateral damage". More than one Old Fighter Pilot's son has resigned because of this nonsense.

So, while it is both disgusting and hard to comprehend, it probably has happened many times before - and has continued to this day. When Politicians fight Wars (think Hillary and Libya & Benghazi)..the outcomes are often both pitiable & reprehensible. Maybe the Age of the Drone will save some brave Fighter Jocks lives.

Subject: General Piotrowski Book

Thought you might be interested in this.

"Basic Airman To General: The Secret War and Other Conflicts"

Published 2014 by General Pete Piotrowski, ISBN 978-1-4931-6187-4 (Hardcover)

Following is a quote of much interest, from pages 246/247:

"Nearly twenty years later, former Secretary of State Dean Rusk being interviewed by Peter Arnett on a CBS documentary called "The Ten Thousand Day War". Mr Arnett asked, "It has been rumored that the United States provided the North Vietnamese government the names of the targets that would be bombed the following day. Is there any truth to that allegation?"

To everyone's astonishment and absolute disgust, the former Secretary responded, "Yes. We didn't want to harm the North Vietnamese people, so we passed the targets to the Swiss embassy in Washington with instructions to pass them to the NVN government through their embassy in Hanoi ." As we watched in horror, Secretary Rusk went on to say, "All we wanted to do is demonstrate to the North Vietnamese leadership that we could strike targets at will, but we didn't want to kill innocent people. By giving the North Vietnamese advanced warning of the targets to be attacked, we thought they would tell the workers to stay home." No wonder all the targets were so heavily defended day after day! The NVN obviously moved as many guns as they could overnight to better defend each target they knew was going to be attacked. Clearly, many brave American Air Force and Navy fliers died or spent years in NVN prison camps as a direct result of being intentionally betrayed by Secretary Rusk and Secretary McNamara, and perhaps, President Johnson himself. I cannot think of a more duplicitous and treacherous act of American government officials. Dean Rusk served as Secretary of State from January 21, 1961, through to January 20, 1969, under President John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson. Perhaps Senator John McCain, POW for five years and presidential candidate in 2008, was one of the many victims of this utter stupidity and flawed policy flowing from President Lyndon B. Johnson. Mr. Peter Arnett opined that this would be a treasonous act by anyone else."

News to me, a very sad revelation- for even ONE mission...but explains why Jane Fonda was never charged with treason.

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is they way it is. The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference.

All comments posted here are my opinion as expressed via the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

United States Army ~ USARSUPTHAI 1967-1968

Edited by - us55840 on 11/01/2015 6:15:51 PM

Rocky Raab
Advanced Member

USA
7549 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2015 :  2:24:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were also required to fly the same altitude, over the same checkpoints, day after day to get to those targets. Nguyen knew when to cut his tea break, and how to set his AAA fuzes - and even where to point the guns. Every day.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page