GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting
 Were to buy round lead bullets??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AdamsQuailHunter

1442 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2016 :  11:30:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Members All:

Many thanks for the help with the Armsport black powder revolver! I have searched in every pattern that I could think of and couldn't find any round lead bullets for the pistol here on GunBroker. I have tried all 4 sports/firearms outlets here and in three other nearby towns. All to no avail. Where do you buy yours?? Many thanks in advance - AQH

11b6r
Advanced Member

USA
15525 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2016 :  11:54:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tried Midway? http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1165132904/hornady-muzzleloading-bullets-round-ball

"Minds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine."
Go to Top of Page

AdamsQuailHunter

1442 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2016 :  01:04:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many Thanks:

I did not see the SLS symbol - so I will give them a call in the morning. I did a search but did not find the lubed felt wads that go over the bullet. Where do I find those. Many Thanks - AQH
Go to Top of Page

11b6r
Advanced Member

USA
15525 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2016 :  08:44:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wads go over powder, UNDER the bullet. Do not have a source, because I am a cheap chollie- I use a dab of Crisco over the top of the bullet. Works, help keep powder fouling soft, it's cheap, I always have some, and my targets have much lower cholesterol.

However, here is a source- https://www.trackofthewolf.com/list/item.aspx/174/1

"Minds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine."

Edited by - 11b6r on 07/13/2016 08:46:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

AdamsQuailHunter

1442 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2016 :  10:34:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello 11b6r:

Many thanks for your help. I have placed an order with the track of the wolf. I will try loading and shooting a few before I go hog hunting during black powder season close to where the Suwannee River joins the Gulf of Mexico.

Best Regards - AQH
Go to Top of Page

navc130

515 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2016 :  11:31:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You need the Dixie Gun Works catalog for black powder shooting. Track-of-the-Wolf is also good. Hog hunting?? That model revolver is not noted as a powerhouse. Kinda like hunting with a .38 Special.
Your revolver will probably shoot high at 25 yards. The only way to correct it is to raise the front sight someway, i.e., make it higher.

Edited by - navc130 on 07/14/2016 4:56:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

AdamsQuailHunter

1442 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2016 :  10:50:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello nacv130: The Armsport is not the primary firearm - it's backup. The primary is a CVA clone of a Hawkin 50. I just want to know how it shoots before I may have to use it.

BEST - AQH
Go to Top of Page

AdamsQuailHunter

1442 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2016 :  11:51:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gentlemen - I thank you for your assistance with the Armsport BP revolver that I got here on GunBroker. An order has been placed with Track of the Wolf for the things suggested.

The person that owns Tandy Leather Shop had a flap holster that is worn cross-draw - forward canted - on my left side. It is now mine.

Again many thanks for your assistance - Regards - AQH
Go to Top of Page

v35
Advanced Member

USA
13503 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2016 :  1:57:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What size bullets you need?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page