GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 The Fishing Hole!
 Fishing pole repair.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joshmb1982
Advanced Member

USA
6366 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2017 :  8:32:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know a good site?

My wife has a custom 9'6" lightweight pole an ex got her years ago. Has her name on it and everything. (FAirly expensive combo with the reel). Anyhow we just got back from a weeklong trip to Canada where we spent a good portion of our time fishing and her pole got broken.

The good news is that it is a 2 piece rod and just the top piece got broken. The handle section the holes the reel is 100% fine.

Where can I find a replacement piece and what info do I need to pick out the right size? Fixing a rod is new to me as I've only ever had cheapo walmart rods that got replaced when broken.

Thanks for any advice.

AdamsQuailHunter

1442 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2017 :  09:41:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello - "Mudhole" <commercial company> has rod building supplies. Depending on the type of damage - you might find it less expensive to make a new upper section than someone trying to "fix" the original upper section.

That being said "substituteteacher" on this site has built 4-weight fly rods for me. Unfortunately - I don't have his contact information readily available - but if I find it - I will post it back here for you.

Edit - I forgot to mention - if you still have the broken part of the rod - you can measure the diameter of the rod at the broken area with a micrometer <if you don't have one - you can get one that will work for your needs at Harbor Freight> and get a furrule of the proper diameter - cement each end - and the rod is repaired - just has an extra section.

Best Regards - AQH

Edit Again - OK - I now have his contact information.

"Steve,
I would be happy to try and repair it for him. Where is he located and have him contact me at this email. (dworley790@gmail.com)
Thanks - Don Worley."

Edited by - AdamsQuailHunter on 08/19/2017 3:13:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

joshmb1982
Advanced Member

USA
6366 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2017 :  12:17:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got it. Thank you much.
Go to Top of Page

AdamsQuailHunter

1442 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2017 :  3:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello - tomorrow (October 8) will be 45 days since your response - Mr. Worley has not been contacted. Do you no longer need his services?? Did you find a way to repair it yourself??

Best Regards - AQH

Edited by - AdamsQuailHunter on 10/07/2017 3:15:00 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page