GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Will a Mossberg 4X4 Stock Fit a Mossberg ATR?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

auae85
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2017 :  12:20:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My sons bought me a 308 Mossberg ATR, which has a blind magazine. I prefer hinged floorplates / detachable magazines. Will a SA Mossberg 4x4 stock fit the ATR? Posted this question on the Mossberg Owner's Forum, but it's pretty quiet over there and Mossberg Customer Service is sloooooow on answering emails. Thanks.

charliemeyer007
Advanced Member

USA
5331 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2017 :  10:02:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No clue but you might try checking the aftermarket stock people for the answer by looking the screw spacing. Perhaps you could just inlet the hardware into your stock. I'm guessing that a short action is a short action from the manufacturer so the hardware should fit, not like they have more than one - but that doesn't mean they didn't/haven't produced variations that could be different.

I'm not a Mossberg person and their website doesn't seem to list a 4x4.
http://www.mossberg.com/firearms/rifles/
Go to Top of Page

auae85
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2017 :  10:29:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found out that Boyd's has aftermarket stocks to fit both the ATR and the 4x4. Unfortunately, the screw spacing is different. The ATR is 4.5625 (4-9/16) and the 4x4 is 4.71875 (4-23/32). Why would Mossberg do that ? Anyway, I may see if the internal magazine "structure", with magazine latch, will fit the ATR stock if I dremel it out. The detachable magazine has the spring, follower, and feed lips. I guess I'll call Mossberg to check prices on those parts; magazines are readily available from several sources. Might be a winter project.
Go to Top of Page

charliemeyer007
Advanced Member

USA
5331 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2017 :  10:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well at least you have an answer in only 2 days. WAG they need more room between the screws for the extra material of the DM.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page