GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 para-pda
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

IN gunsmith

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2017 :  2:22:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have a para pda 9mm need help --it will give light hits on the primer and it will not reset the hammer right somtimes-- i have replaced all springs and trigger,sear, all guts ?? any help-- i have tryed diffront ammo

jay marloe

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

17710 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2017 :  3:11:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just working on a EAA .22 conversion unit, with similar problems. Firing pin is .070 to short.

There is a shoulder on the firing pin that interfaces with the firing pin tunnel in the slide. Also the firing pin spring, if to long will stop firing pin travel.

I would cut down the firing pin spring, on a trial and error basis. One turn at a time, to see if it helps ignition. If cutting down the spring doesn't work. Turning back the stop shoulder would have to be considered.

Hammer not resetting is a different problem. Lighter hammer and recoil springs, would be the first thing that I would try.

Go to Top of Page

charliemeyer007
Advanced Member

USA
5331 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2017 :  6:46:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Replacing parts usually involves fitting them. I like stronger/longer springs that I can cut/grind back to fit. Starting with a good brand name helps - an el cheapo one might not be a good place to start.

Stoning the working surfaces if done correctly is just saving ammo wasted in breaking it in. Some times they need to be shot in.

Personally the design is to short, wonderful to carry - not so much for functioning. Exact balance of all issues will be critical in making it function correctly with one type of ammo.

added. Anything is possible with quality control these days. Perhaps you could send it back as defective. I would just try and tune it for one specific load.

Edited by - charliemeyer007 on 11/05/2017 11:46:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

perry shooter
Advanced Member

17206 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2017 :  4:28:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IMHO the shorter the barrel the more likely you will have malfunctions one of the most often overlooked is the fact short barrels.shorten the recoil impulse time and secondly the feed angle is steeper
Go to Top of Page

pip5255
Advanced Member

USA
7394 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2017 :  5:21:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
were the springs original or aftermarket ?
I would do a lighter spring kit and verify the fit on the firing pin.

tired not retired !
Go to Top of Page

IN gunsmith

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2017 :  10:46:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
all parts and springs are para- new and was fitted to this gun thinking the fram is bad

jay marloe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page