GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Tulsa Show this weekend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

He Dog
Advanced Member

Italy
44391 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2017 :  11:05:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who is going?

~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets Founding Member ~

savage170
Advanced Member

23973 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2017 :  12:42:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wish I could looks like I’ll miss the spring one also

All characters appearing in these jokes are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

I've got to stop saying, "How stupid can you be?"
Too many people are taking it as a challenge.
Go to Top of Page

He Dog
Advanced Member

Italy
44391 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2017 :  12:45:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That pretty much sucks, sorry not to see you again for a while. Hope you are doing something great.

I will be back in the country just long enough to do laundry and leave for Tulsa in April.

Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43726 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2017 :  12:54:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a great time, Dale!!!!!!!

What's next

A couple of favorite quotes:

"What goes around comes around."

“Abe, climb down from Mt. Rushmore, and vacate the penny. Your days in the pantheon are over, thanks to the scholarship and courage of Thomas J. DiLorenzo.” — Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

Go to Top of Page

wundudnee
Advanced Member

6104 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2017 :  1:47:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be there early Saturday morning. I may try to find an old .22 rifle.

Everybody should see this show at least once.

Quote from okkim ...
Make a mental note "do not get upset with dumbasses"

Go to Top of Page

toad67
Advanced Member

USA
5607 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2017 :  2:23:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the spring or fall show better?
Go to Top of Page

He Dog
Advanced Member

Italy
44391 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2017 :  11:28:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably Spring by a small margin, but some years November is better. Ya just can't predict it. Best plan is hit both of them.

If anyone is going a small group of GB guys will meet at 1:00 at the NRA booth near the elevator at the SE corner of the upper level. We like meeting friends from GB.

Go to Top of Page

DirtyDawg

USA
967 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2017 :  11:57:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not able to join this year unfortunately. Deep into a rent house remodel. See ya in the spring!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man
is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more
is a congress." - John Adams (1735-1826)
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

25660 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2017 :  10:11:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, gonna look for Remington 1858.

"Most people fancy themselves innocent of those crimes of which they cannot be convicted." Seneca

"Hope has two children: anger, and courage." Augustine, Confessions

Der Verzagten aber und Ungläubigen und Greulichen und Totschläger und Hurer und Zauberer und Abgöttischen und aller Lügner, deren Teil wird sein in dem Pfuhl, der mit Feuer und Schwefel brennt; das ist der andere Tod.

Go to Top of Page

DirtyDawg

USA
967 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2017 :  11:08:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about a "show report"??? Well attended? Good deals? Any negligent discharges by Tulsa County Sheriff officers? Inquiring minds want to know.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man
is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more
is a congress." - John Adams (1735-1826)
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

25660 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  09:38:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DirtyDawg

How about a "show report"??? Well attended? Good deals? Any negligent discharges by Tulsa County Sheriff officers? Inquiring minds want to know.

http://www.fox23.com/news/thieves-steal-100000-in-guns-from-gun-show-vendors-in-tulsa/646937025

"Most people fancy themselves innocent of those crimes of which they cannot be convicted." Seneca

"Hope has two children: anger, and courage." Augustine, Confessions

Der Verzagten aber und Ungläubigen und Greulichen und Totschläger und Hurer und Zauberer und Abgöttischen und aller Lügner, deren Teil wird sein in dem Pfuhl, der mit Feuer und Schwefel brennt; das ist der andere Tod.

Go to Top of Page

He Dog
Advanced Member

Italy
44391 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  11:42:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dawg, the isles were wider and there were fewer tables than at the April show. It was less crowded and the parking lots less full as well. Some past shows the parking lots were full clear to 15th street, but this time none of the North sections of the lots had cars.

There was a lot of relocation of vendors from their usual locations, making it harder to find the people I usually buy from for ammo and such.

I did locate fossil mammoth ivory and bone for grip making, picked up a little .357, and found a dozen M1 Carbine mags I did not have. Last I heard at dinner Saturday evening, Noah (he is alive and well) picked up another M1 Carbine, and sold some things, and Wundudnee got a couple of single shot .22s for grandkids.

If you don't consider $500 spent on gas and hotel, 20 hours of driving and achy old bones from all the walking, I got some pretty good deals. The real prize was hanging with good friends.

Go to Top of Page

gearheaddad
Advanced Member

12982 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  11:58:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barzillia

quote:
Originally posted by DirtyDawg

http://www.fox23.com/news/thieves-steal-100000-in-guns-from-gun-show-vendors-in-tulsa/646937025

Damn Thieves.
Theft will eventually cripple the Tulsa show if this crap continues. I seem to remember a couple high end original Henry Rifles were stolen a few years back at the Tulsa show as well....

My Grandpa always said "sounds like too much thinking, why don't you try aiming!"
Go to Top of Page

wundudnee
Advanced Member

6104 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  4:32:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by He Dog

Dawg, the isles were wider and there were fewer tables than at the April show. It was less crowded and the parking lots less full as well. Some past shows the parking lots were full clear to 15th street, but this time none of the North sections of the lots had cars.

There was a lot of relocation of vendors from their usual locations, making it harder to find the people I usually buy from for ammo and such.

I did locate fossil mammoth ivory and bone for grip making, picked up a little .357, and found a dozen M1 Carbine mags I did not have. Last I heard at dinner Saturday evening, Noah (he is alive and well) picked up another M1 Carbine, and sold some things, and Wundudnee got a couple of single shot .22s for grandkids.

If you don't consider $500 spent on gas and hotel, 20 hours of driving and achy old bones from all the walking, I got some pretty good deals. The real prize was hanging with good friends.

What my good friend said, plus there was about 75-100 feet of unused space on the lower level. I've never been to the Tulsa show when it hasn't been completely sold out. However, unlike the Reno show you could still take guns in to sell and only required a sticker to get out with a purchased gun. I kind of looked for it to be a little stricter on compliance this year, but it seemed as normal. A good Midwestern gun show.

Everyone should get a chance to attend the Tulsa show at least once before it gets neutered by gun haters.

It seems they lose a few guns every year at the show, but the prevailing opinion it is to dishonest dealers. It would be a nightmare to watch and secure tables with the crowds there.

Quote from okkim ...
Make a mental note "do not get upset with dumbasses"

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page