GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
GunBroker.com Message Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

 All Forums
 GunBroker.com Message Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Question For Glock Shooters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bill2740
Member

720 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  8:54:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought a Glock G35 gen4.
Any input on a trigger upgrade?
Any improvement on the factory plastic sights?

Bill

Bill

"PRAISE THE HARDBALL GUN"

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

17748 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  9:44:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lone Wolf has been selling aftermarket accessories for Glocks, for many years. I have bought many Glocks barrels and parts from them, since the 90's. They have a extensive and comprehensive on-line catalog. Good folks to do business with.

Go to Top of Page

ChrisStreett
Senior Member

USA
1341 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  9:52:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TruGlo TFX (fiber optic/tritium, green rear, orange front) on sights work for me. Trigger upgrading is an owner’s choice. I’ve worked mine to suit my personal style/use (been a Glock carrier daily, work and CC for about 30 yrs) but I’d suggest waiting and getting advice from the many on here who have a real depth of knowledge on the subject of these mods. Avoid the ‘next door neighbor’s friend, who knows a guy that has a cousin Bubba’s advice at all costs.

"...dying ain't much of a living boy..." Josey Wales

Edited by - ChrisStreett on 12/04/2017 9:59:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ricci Wright
Advanced Member

USA
3744 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  10:38:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sell and install a lot of night sights on Glock's. Personally I like the tru glow TFX pros and ameriglow spartan. I shoot all my Glock's with stock triggers. If you need a plastic gun with a better trigger buy a Walther PPQ.

"Fight like the third monkey on the ramp of Noah's Ark"
Go to Top of Page

nmyers
Advanced Member

15370 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  10:55:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are a bunch of videos on YouTube that show how to smooth the trigger, using only a dremel & abrasive paste. Obviously, you have to strip the gun first, for which there are some more videos.

It doesn't seem right to me that the first thing you think about after buying a new gun is what parts you have to replace. Maybe it would end up costing almost as much as buying a SIG Sauer instead.

Maybe I should just trade in my G43.....

Neal
Go to Top of Page

Ricci Wright
Advanced Member

USA
3744 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  11:15:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's not just with Glock's I see customers screw up all kinds of handguns. I remember one who owned three of four les Baer 1911 and came by one day to show me how he had switched barrels and bushings and other parts between the guns. I have another who ordered a new Springfield TRP 1911 and then wanted to order a new Kart barrel for it before he had even shot the gun. If I take a glock in trade and the trigger parts have been changed I want the stock parts with the gun or I discount it enough to pay for the parts.
quote:
Originally posted by nmyers

There are a bunch of videos on YouTube that show how to smooth the trigger, using only a dremel & abrasive paste. Obviously, you have to strip the gun first, for which there are some more videos.

It doesn't seem right to me that the first thing you think about after buying a new gun is what parts you have to replace. Maybe it would end up costing almost as much as buying a SIG Sauer instead.

Maybe I should just trade in my G43.....

Neal


"Fight like the third monkey on the ramp of Noah's Ark"
Go to Top of Page

NeoBlackdog
Advanced Member

USA
9982 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  11:24:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's your plan for the gun? Is it for defensive use or competition? If defensive then go with one of the sight sets recommended above. If competition use then I'd look at a set of Dawson Precision fiber-optics. I've got a set on my 35 and love 'em. As for the trigger, Google 'the 25 cent trigger job' for Glocks and that should take care of your trigger needs.

Edit;
If you're going to use it for carry then I wouldn't mess with the trigger/internals other than a good polishing.
As for sights for carry, the other fellas have pretty well covered the bases on that.

Edited by - NeoBlackdog on 12/05/2017 5:42:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

tsr1965
Advanced Member

USA
7843 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  07:02:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are a host of sights...Ameriglow, True Glow, Trijicon, and other's.

If you are using this as a carry gun, then you want to stick to the stock trigger. If you are NEVER going to use it for personal protection against a violent human target, then ZEV Industries makes a trigger for your needs. Whether its just a lower poundage connector, or the whole trigger kit that can be adjusted to give you a 1911 like pull.

Take a look at these auctions on the otherside...
http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/BrowseItems.aspx?IncludeSellers=484399

http://www.GunBroker.com/All/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=716063

Go to Top of Page

Krony
Junior Member

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  08:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Ricci Wright

It's not just with Glock's I see customers screw up all kinds of handguns. I remember one who owned three of four les Baer 1911 and came by one day to show me how he had switched barrels and bushings and other parts between the guns. [quote]
Customizing a Les Baer seems an idiot move. Would likely be able to send back to Les for replacement parts...he is one of few manufacturers with an accuracy guarantee.
Go to Top of Page

bill2740
Member

720 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  1:11:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The plan for the gun is concealed carry and competition.
I like the high cap. and 5.3" barrel plus reliability.


quote:
Originally posted by NeoBlackdog

What's your plan for the gun? Is it for defensive use or competition? If defensive then go with one of the sight sets recommended above. If competition use then I'd look at a set of Dawson Precision fiber-optics. I've got a set on my 35 and love 'em. As for the trigger, Google 'the 25 cent trigger job' for Glocks and that should take care of your trigger needs.


Bill

"PRAISE THE HARDBALL GUN"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06


Visit GunBroker.com at: www.gunbroker.com
Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the site's User Agreement
Site Map