GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 just left wally world with smile...........
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hillbille
Advanced Member

7670 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  10:06:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I go to walk as much as pick up few items, got to register and they had a line 6-7 deep. The lady in front of me was bitching up a storm, as only 2 registers open and must have been 15-20 employees standing in a circle having their morning rah-rah meeting. We stood there at least 5 minutes before this lady in front of me walked over to the manager and lit into him about having people just stand around while customer needed checked out. He didn't know what to say I think everyone in line was hoping he would say something and she would slap him down.

Eventually he got microphone and yelled for all cashiers to open up. still took another 5 minutes. I just walked over to him pushed my buggy beside him and said " you can put these back if you don't have enough sense to open register when its needed, instead of your rah-rah meetings" He just had a blank look on his face, the employees were all about to loose it. I walked out and went home, got my excercise and a floor show.

Horse Plains Drifter
Advanced Member

Botswana
30851 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  10:39:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have no idea why people even go to Dumbmart.

81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad

CA #8....3%

Go to Top of Page

beneteau
Advanced Member

7849 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  10:48:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter

Around here it's the best place to get groceries. Kroger is a waste of time---always out of stock on many items. I now go to Kroger only for meat, coffee and orange juice. Walmart is rarely out of anything on my list.

Go to Top of Page

Aztngundoc22

USA
979 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  11:26:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK :

First of all : I will say " I Hate Walmart " : many , many reasons !!!

I go to wallyworld for two (2) items only ! Dog food ( no longer will need to buy as much - ref: https://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=705150 ) and my medication !!!!

Both ONLY because of price !

Thanks !!!

P.S. One main reason I hate them is they want to check your 'receipt' when you exit the flicking store : Im NOT a Thief !!!!!

The More People I Meet : The More I like My Dog !!!
Go to Top of Page

dakotashooter2
Advanced Member

6136 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  11:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Their check and bag type setups are only effective for small orders. They need to add 6 feet of counter on the back side of the checkout. They have plenty of room available. Ring the items through and either let the customers bag them or bag them after, Either way is faster than the current method. I worked in a grocery store when scanners first came out. The average teller could scan 45-60 items per minute. I have timed them at Walmart many times. less than 10 items a minute is average. That is horrid with current technology. I can scan items 10 times faster in self checkout than most tellers can.

For those who believe Obama is the Messiah remember, prophecy tells use the antichrist will proceed the TRUE Messiah.
Go to Top of Page

fordsix
Advanced Member

8298 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  12:14:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dont ya get it,, they are training you to use the self checkout in a few years there will be no registers
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
36915 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  12:26:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beneteau

quote:

Around here it's the best place to get groceries. Kroger is a waste of time---always out of stock on many items. I now go to Kroger only for meat, coffee and orange juice. Walmart is rarely out of anything on my list.

Yep, Kroger is significantly more expensive on my items as well.
Go to Top of Page

Wrangler
Advanced Member

USA
4773 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  1:07:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Some of us have no other options.
Go to Top of Page

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

34012 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  1:37:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i buy pet food at wallyworld because everything i want is there....i go to the checkout with the items stacked with bar code up and have the gal zap em with the gun...credit card and out...otherwise place is not on my list of favorites...and go early in the morn when lot is rather empty and the items are fully stocked
Go to Top of Page

armilite
Advanced Member

Mozambique
40138 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  4:10:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

My wife likes Walmart for groceries and I don't understand why. I mainly grocery shop at Woodmans its the size of Walmart but its all food.

Kill the Head and the Body Will Follow.
New Orleans Saints Defensive Coordinator

They made penicillin from moldy bread so there is hope for you.

There is no situation that you can not get yourself out of with the proper amount of explosives.

G19

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=190228">My Stuff for Sale at GunBroker.com

Go to Top of Page

Ditch-Runner
Advanced Member

USA
15504 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  4:20:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good for you

my wife worked at Walmart years ago . ( moved to the pharmacy which is separate run and managed area ) maybe 15 years ago she left
but they monitored scanning rates and you had to be some what fast of get a visit from the manager ,

as a side not my oldest son told me he was in line at wally world a few days ago the old fellow in front of him ( 50 something ) was wearing a sweat shirt with the tags still hanging off if , the check out gal ask him about it . he tucked the tag in the pocket said he had it for some time just forgot to pull the tag off .. out the door he went
Go to Top of Page

Mobuck
Advanced Member

10538 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  4:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I buy most of my groceries from Wallie simply because it's the most convenient to access. In addition, it's the most likely to actually have what's on my list. Generally, I don't have time to go 2-3 places to get one item at each so Wallie is the most efficient answer.
Those who don't like Wallie, JUST DON'T GO THERE. I don't necessarily LIKE buying there, but I compromise in the interest of saving time AND I DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT IT.

Mobuck<BR>
Go to Top of Page

droptop
Advanced Member

USA
6136 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  4:41:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They've got better prices or I don't buy, it's that simple. Guess it's what happens when you're retired and on a budget.
Go to Top of Page

clays

1552 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  5:19:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some times you just have to retrain yourself from old habits. For me here in Western NC. it's Tractor Supply for dog food & Ingles for groceries,
Go to Top of Page

CaptFun
Administrator

USA
16698 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  5:27:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please tell me Y'all don't really buy meat there... food staples OK, bait corn ok, .22 OK... The Lord himself does not know where the meat came from or who inspected it. yuk

GunBroker.com Admin

The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles

Go to Top of Page

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
30989 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  5:38:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I go to wallyworld frequently 'cause they have better prices than the two locally owned grocery stores. However, I will NOT buy meat there. Why no meat? A fellow I know worked there for several years and said he would NEVER buy any meat a Wallyworld ...... that was all I needed to know!

Typical of them to have 28 checkout lanes and only 3 or 4 open. The local one installed 8 self checkouts and then just recently converted several clerk check out's to 10 self service checkouts with the conveyor belts.

I hate self checkout but far faster than waiting behind a bunch of customers and the dumb clucks they have hired as checkout clerks. Oh, and the idiots that wait until everything is rung up and told the amount due before they start digging in their purse for cash or usually a card to pay.

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is they way it is. The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference.

All comments posted here are my opinion as expressed via the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

United States Army ~ 1966-1968 USARSUPTHAI 1967-1968

Edited by - us55840 on 01/12/2018 5:40:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rocky Raab
Advanced Member

USA
8321 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  5:40:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ummm, the reason they have receipt checkers is BECAUSE of self-checkout. They have a huge problem with people stealing stuff via self-checkout.
Go to Top of Page

llama

2382 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  7:07:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lack of front checkout is why I always buy a box of ammo when I go to wally. Other than clothes that is about all I get there.

The wind in the willow's playin' "Tea for Two";
The sky was yellow and the sun was blue,
Strangers stoppin' strangers just to shake their hand,
Everybody's playin' in the heart of gold band, heart of gold band.
Go to Top of Page

wpageabc
Advanced Member

USA
7528 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  7:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wal-Mart, if you are in a hurry plan on self check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Go to Top of Page

mogley98
Advanced Member

USA
14340 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  7:13:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I may not always be able to but personally I would rather pay more then go to Wally World.
Go to Top of Page

bearman49709

392 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  7:40:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Not all of us are city slickers.
We have to leave the county to get to a Walmart and there are very few other choices in any county anywhere around here.
Go to Top of Page

diver-rig
Advanced Member

USA
5146 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  7:56:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Feed store has all the dog food I need, as well as chicken feed, etc.

Sell in 50 lb bags, and a punch card. But 10, get one free on dog food, and chicken feed.

Although it is really interesting to go to Wally world, after dark, and watch the basket people walk around and mumble........
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page