GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 WTH is wrong with kids ...parents say do whatever
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

riflemike
Advanced Member

USA
7757 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  2:25:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dont bother me...heres your iphone go the F away

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/01/12/doctors-warn-against-eating-tide-pods-in-latest-social-media-challenge.html

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death.

wpageabc
Advanced Member

USA
5701 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  2:31:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kids would rather get lost in screen world than reality. Its a problem. Talk about a lost generation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Go to Top of Page

discusdad
Advanced Member

USA
9818 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  2:43:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
why can't the idiots swallow goldfish like we used to do? harumpfffft!
Go to Top of Page

Ricci Wright
Advanced Member

USA
3916 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  3:10:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a pretty little brunet walk directly out in front of my car at an intersection by UNCW yesterday afternoon. She was staring at her phone and never even looked up. I'm sure she is a very nice girl and my words most likely shocked her but that was my intention.Maybe she will remember the mean old man who almost ran over her at the next intersection.

"Fight like the third monkey on the ramp of Noah's Ark"
Go to Top of Page

hillbille
Advanced Member

7338 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  4:19:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gives new meaning to ... cleaning the gene pool
Go to Top of Page

US Military Guy

USA
2303 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  4:51:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ricci Wright

Had a pretty little brunet walk directly out in front of my car at an intersection by UNCW yesterday afternoon. She was staring at her phone and never even looked up. I'm sure she is a very nice girl and my words most likely shocked her but that was my intention.Maybe she will remember the mean old man who almost ran over her at the next intersection.

I blame the cross walks at the shopping center / big boxes for the "step out in front of cars" syndrome.

Yes, I know it is a marked cross walk.

Yes, I know pedestrians have the right-of-way.

Yes, I know there are cameras observing the cross walk.

I also know that my Mom taught me to look both ways before crossing the street. I believe the parking lot is a "street". If cars weren't driving there, it would not have a cross walk. There are no cross walks inside the store.

If a car runs over you, it could kill you. It really doesn't matter, if it was intentional or not. It doesn't matter, if you had the right-of-way. You are still dead.

LOOK before you step in front of a moving vehicle (or where a moving vehicle could be) - or - take the chance of getting run over - and possibly dead.

Moms don't teach their children to look both ways anymore. I know because I see them dragging their children in front of me - without looking, when they enter the cross walk. Dads aren't much better. Usually they look at me right in the eye almost daring me to not stop. Naturally, they have no idea where their lovely wife and children are (usually behind them - paying no attention to the things in the world that can kill them).
Go to Top of Page

droptop
Advanced Member

USA
5210 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  5:32:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The United States is very different than most countries. Not remembering to look both ways can get you killed in many places in the world.

Go to Top of Page

US Military Guy

USA
2303 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  6:23:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by droptop

The United States is very different than most countries. Not remembering to look both ways can get you killed in many places in the world.

It can get you killed in the United States, too.
Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
39712 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  8:03:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just think when I was a kid I had to watch what I said just to keep from getting my mouth washed out with soap. Now kids do it on their own.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page