GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Want Ads (NO 'FOR SALE' or 'FOR TRADE')
 Solid brass shotgun shells - 209 primers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AdamsQuailHunter

1492 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2018 :  7:00:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need solid brass shotgun shells by Herters - Alcan - Fiocchi that have the standard 209 primers - NOT the large rifle/pistol primers. 12 & 20 gauge but others would be considered. I am not interested in current manufacture except the Remington Ducks Unlimited produced several years ago. Additionally - if you have any 16 gauge dies & 28 gauge dies - Herter's - Val-scott - Lachmiller or any other manufacturer that can be used on an old Herter's "O" press - please list them and notify me of the auction number. The same applies to a Lee Loader 20 gauge.Contact information - AdamsQuailHunter@comcast.net

Many Thanks for taking time to view my requests - AQH

charliemeyer007
Advanced Member

USA
5503 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2018 :  10:24:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. Not exactly what you are looking for, but I think I might have some metal 2.75" Alcan 12 gauge that take shotgun primers. They might be zinc body with a brass base (2 toned), I haven't look at them in years. They (perhaps several boxes) were from dad's stuff, could date back to the 50's. Some could be new or once fired. I can't look until about the end of May.

I have several boxes worth of 3" aluminum 410 (X military) that take pistol primers.

Have you considered putting inserts into the pistol primer brass so they would take 209's?
Go to Top of Page

AdamsQuailHunter

1492 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2018 :  3:06:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Charlie" - many thanks for your response. I have some 12 & 20 gauge solid brass shotgun shells by Alcan & Fiocchi. These are the type I am looking for. I do not have the equipment - knowledge or skill to convert the rifle/pistol primer type to the 209 primer type. Also I do not do anything with 410 gauge. Again many thanks for your response.
Best Regards - AQH
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page