GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Elsewhere, In The News...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Barzillia
Advanced Member

26600 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2018 :  09:02:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
POLITICS
LA TIMES

Trump administration abandons crackdown on legal marijuana

By EVAN HALPER
APR 13, 2018 | 3:25 PM
| WASHINGTON

The Trump administration is abandoning a Justice Department threat to crack down on recreational marijuana in states where it is legal, a move that could enable cannabis businesses in California and other states that have legalized pot to operate without fear of federal raids and prosecution.

President Trump personally directed the abrupt retreat, which came at the behest of Republican Sen. Cory Gardner of Colorado. White House officials confirmed the policy shift Friday. Trump did not inform Atty. Gen. Jeff Sessions in advance of the change in policy, an almost unheard of undermining of a Cabinet official.

Gardner was incensed in January when the Justice Department announced that it was rescinding an Obama-era policy that directed federal prosecutors not to target marijuana businesses that operate legally under state law. The senator hI want fees to go uped Justice Department nominees in retaliation.

In conversation with Trump this week, Gardner said he was assured that the federal government would not interfere with his state's marijuana industry and that Trump would champion a new law that gives states the authority to set their own pot policies. In response, he lifted his remaining holds on nominees.

"Late Wednesday, I received a commitment from the president that the Department of Justice's rescission of the Cole memo will not impact Colorado's legal marijuana industry," Gardner said, referring to the Obama-era policy, named after former Deputy Atty. Gen. James M. Cole, who issued it.

"Furthermore, President Trump has assured me that he will support a federalism-based legislative solution to fix this states' rights issue once and for all."

White House officials confirmed that Gardner's comments accurately reflect the administration's position.

"The president did speak with Sen. Gardner yesterday and again today," White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders told reporters Friday at the White House. She said "the president is a firm believer" in states' rights and confirmed Gardner's account of the assurances he received from the president was accurate.

A Justice Department official who requested anonymity to speak frankly about internal discussions confirmed that Trump did not consult Sessions before talking with Gardner. Sessions, a longtime anti-drug crusader, personally announced the administration's pot crackdown policy in January.

The attorney general and Trump have had a frosty relationship for months, largely over Trump's continued resentment that Sessions recused himself from any involvement into the federal investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Trump's decision to undercut a major Sessions initiative without informing the attorney general in advance was a striking example of how low their relationship has sunk.

California is one of eight states in which recreational marijuana is legal. The administration's announcement in January that it was allowing prosecutors to target businesses selling pot legally under state laws put a cloud of uncertainty over the rapidly growing cannabis industry.

The talk of a crackdown threatened to slow investment in marijuana companies, which risked shutdown and seizure of their products at the decision of a single U.S. attorney. Under federal law, marijuana remains categorized as among the most dangerous drugs available, and one that has no valid medical purpose.

Marijuana stocks, which started the day down, surged after word spread of the Trump administration's new posture toward the industry.

The mixed signals coming out of the administration, however, left some marijuana advocates proceeding with caution.

Aaron Lachant, an attorney in Los Angeles who represents marijuana businesses, expressed concern that Gardner's deal might apply only to Colorado.

"The agreement itself appears narrow and only applicable to that state," he said. "Nevertheless, it is an encouraging sign when in the last year all the messages coming from Washington have been about enforcement. This suggests they are finally moving toward policy solutions."

A leader of the Congressional Cannabis Caucus, Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.), called the commitment Gardner secured from Trump "another head-spinning moment."

"We should hope for the best, but not take anything for granted," Blumenauer said. "Trump changes his mind constantly, and Republican leadership is still in our way."

Blumenauer is championing a measure that would prohibit federal law enforcement from using any money to crack down on recreational marijuana businesses operating legally under state law. That would expand an existing law that prevents federal law enforcement agencies from using their funds to go after companies legally selling medical marijuana, which is permitted in 29 states. The ban is the result of a budget rider Congress approved in 2014, and has renewed multiple times since.

Persuading Congress to lift the prohibition on enforcement actions against recreational marijuana is proving more challenging. Lawmakers have been reluctant. They have even prohibited sales of recreational marijuana in Washington, D.C., where voters approved it.

Yet if Trump follows through on his commitment to Gardner, the political equation could change. Trump's support for looser federal marijuana laws could draw other Republicans to join him. A Gallup poll in October found 67% of Americans support marijuana legalization. That support is bipartisan. For the first time, the poll found, most Republican voters favored legalization.

"It has been a long and difficult process, but we may now be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel," said an email from Mason Tvert, who co-directed the campaign to legalize recreational marijuana in Colorado. "This is one more step toward ending the irrational policy of marijuana prohibition, not only in Colorado, but throughout the country."

Times Staff Writer Joseph Tanfani contributed to this report.

"Most people fancy themselves innocent of those crimes of which they cannot be convicted." Seneca

"Hope has two children: anger, and courage." Augustine, Confessions

Der Verzagten aber und Ungläubigen und Greulichen und Totschläger und Hurer und Zauberer und Abgöttischen und aller Lügner, deren Teil wird sein in dem Pfuhl, der mit Feuer und Schwefel brennt; das ist der andere Tod.

Edited by - Barzillia on 04/14/2018 09:03:51 AM

wpageabc
Advanced Member

USA
7306 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2018 :  09:31:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Up in smoke. Good news for the tax collector.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Go to Top of Page

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

33782 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2018 :  10:05:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah ..this money will be wasted and taxes raised in the future to pay the social costs incurred by the stoned
Go to Top of Page

Marc1301
Advanced Member

USA
33776 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2018 :  10:15:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Potheads will always be potheads, so I don't give a hoot either way, concerning legality/illegality.

Not a pothead now,.....won't become one if they legalize it. A non-issue for me.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson

"Beam me up Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here." William Shatner
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

26600 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2018 :  10:18:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You do not need to be a pothead to use medicinal weed for good benefit.

Come out of the 1930's.

"Most people fancy themselves innocent of those crimes of which they cannot be convicted." Seneca

Der Verzagten aber und Ungläubigen und Greulichen und Totschläger und Hurer und Zauberer und Abgöttischen und aller Lügner, deren Teil wird sein in dem Pfuhl, der mit Feuer und Schwefel brennt; das ist der andere Tod.

Go to Top of Page

Marc1301
Advanced Member

USA
33776 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2018 :  10:41:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barzillia

Come out of the 1930's.

Where did I mention 'medicinal' weed at all?
Trollin,...trollin,...trollin,.....

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson

"Beam me up Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here." William Shatner
Go to Top of Page

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
30827 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2018 :  10:47:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Potheads will remain pothead and oblivious to the real world.

However, being illegal by federal law, they still can't use the federal banking system. Put 'illegal funds' in a bank insured by the FDIC and the feds can confiscate the funds and the property it's in.

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is they way it is. The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference.

All comments posted here are my opinion as expressed via the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

United States Army ~ 1966-1968 USARSUPTHAI 1967-1968
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

26600 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  6:15:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marc1301

quote:

Come out of the 1930's.

Where did I mention 'medicinal' weed at all?
Trollin,...trollin,...trollin,.....

You made no such distinction in your post, only a blanket statement about potheads.

Sessions' instructions to reverse the Cole memorandum, made no such distinction, either.

The title of the article made no such distinction.

Try reading the article for meaning.

And don't use a broad brush if you do not want to take responsibility for everything that gets painted by it.

Go to Top of Page

bpost
Advanced Member

Azerbaijan
37452 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  6:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't care about weed. We have bigger issues to deal with in our nation like what face should be removed from Mt. Rushmore first or banning the flag at high school football games because it triggers the snowflakes.

I am a practicing Curmudgeon, someone that hates hypocrisy and pretense and has the temerity to say so.

Go to Top of Page

diver-rig
Advanced Member

USA
5112 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  6:58:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those who say weed doesn't do any damage are full of poop.

Every burn out that buys it, is putting more money into loser groups, like the hells angels, and ms13. All the drug cartels of South of the border.

It's been proven that hemp oil and seeds have the same medicinal benefits as weed, but burn out loosers don't want that, they just want to burn themselves out.

Keep on making the gangs of this country even stronger, including the jack boot thug army "trying" to stop it.

They've all got blood on their hands, hypocritical fools.
Go to Top of Page

guns-n-painthorses
Advanced Member

6684 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  7:12:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by diver-rig

Every burn out that buys it, is putting more money into loser groups, like the hells angels, and ms13. All the drug cartels of South of the border.

It's been proven that hemp oil and seeds have the same medicinal benefits as weed, but burn out loosers don't want that, they just want to burn themselves out.

Keep on making the gangs of this country even stronger, including the jack boot thug army "trying" to stop it.

Oh My God.

That whole statement made my brain hurt.

No everyone who smokes pot is a useless burnout. I know many good people, successful, hard working people who light up. I don't, but don't care if someone else does, just not at work.
Go to Top of Page

diver-rig
Advanced Member

USA
5112 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  7:29:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guns-n-painthorses

quote:

Oh My God.

No everyone who smokes pot is a useless burnout. I know many good people, successful, hard working people who light up. I don't, but don't care if someone else does, just not at work.

Everyone who smokes pot has the blood of gangs and the cartels on their hands.

Who do you think those burn outs are buying it from?

Are you saying hemp doesn't do the same thing?
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

26600 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  8:16:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh My God.

Legal dispensories have to prove sources and track quantities to prevent just that.

Many states have a five plant rule, or something similar.

Go to Top of Page

guns-n-painthorses
Advanced Member

6684 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  8:21:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess if you drink alcohol you have mob blood on you hands too?
Go to Top of Page

redneckandy
Advanced Member

USA
7598 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  8:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good. Perhaps they can direct their focus towards the meth/heroin EPIDEMIC that is currently happening all across the country.

I have never seen a pothead walking in circles arguing with themselves completely oblivious of their surroundings. Can't say the same for the tweekers that are everywhere.

"Dazzle them with brilliance or baffle them with BS."

"Chains is coming"

"ONLY THE PARANOID SURVIVE"

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Go to Top of Page

35 Whelen
Advanced Member

USA
13763 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  8:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh My God.

FYI, "Reefer Madness" was propaganda, not a documentary.

Go to Top of Page

jimdeere
Advanced Member

USA
15750 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  9:05:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Exactly what are the “medical benefits of marijuana “?
That is to say, that can’t be matched by more conventional examples?
“It may...”
“It could...”
“It might...”
http://www.businessinsider.com/health-benefits-of-medical-marijuana-2014-4#theres-also-strong-evidence-medical-cannabis-can-help-with-muscle-spasms-2

Edited by - jimdeere on 04/16/2018 9:09:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

26600 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  9:18:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jimdeere

“It may...”
“It could...”
“It might...”
http://www.businessinsider.com/health-benefits-of-medical-marijuana-2014-4#theres-also-strong-evidence-medical-cannabis-can-help-with-muscle-spasms-2

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana-medicine

Cannibinoids are already being used to treat refractory childhood epilepsy, the nausea experienced during and after cancer therapy, chronic pain, enhancing appetite, and in ptsd.

No drug is 100% effective for all things in all people.

One of the advantages to cannibinoids is that they have a wide therapeutic margin of safety.

Also being used to manage the anxiety states/ aggressive behavioral effects often seen in dementias.

Go to Top of Page

wiplash
Advanced Member

USA
5725 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  11:31:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

“It may...”
“It could...”
“It might...”

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana-medicine

Cannibinoids are already being used to treat refractory childhood epilepsy, the nausea experienced during and after cancer therapy, chronic pain, enhancing appetite, and in ptsd.

No drug is 100% effective for all things in all people.

One of the advantages to cannibinoids is that they have a wide therapeutic margin of safety.

Also being used to manage the anxiety states/ aggressive behavioral effects often seen in dementias.

I'm starting to get a clearer picture on how you think. Hippy Edjumacated Troll.

Am I right? Remember, you can't Lie! You can ignore, but you can't Lie.

Go to Top of Page

nemesisenforcer
Advanced Member

10768 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  12:40:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

“It may...”
“It could...”
“It might...”

Go yell at the kids on your lawn.

Go sell crazy somewhere else. We're all full up here.

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
—H L Mencken

"Here's a toast to virgins and lesbians: THANKS FOR NOTHIN!!!!!"

"I don't know which disgusts me more: your cowardice or your stupidity."

"HISTORY, CULTURE, TRADITION. THESE ARE NOT CONCEPTS; THEY ARE SOUVENIRS I KEEP IN MY DEN AS PAPERWEIGHTS!!!"

". . . greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good.

Greed is right.

Greed works.

Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind.

And greed -- you mark my words -- will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA."
Gordon Gekko

START STOCKPILING AMMUNITION AND DONG BAGS.

Go to Top of Page

mogley98
Advanced Member

USA
14265 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  06:35:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As long as drinking isn't going back into prohibition I see no reason to outlaw Marijuana.

Perhaps if people could get legal weed they would stay away from the garbage, and as noted some people will destroy themselves no matter what rules you make, kind of like outlawing guns due to some knuckleheads using them illegally.

Go to Top of Page

sharpshooter039
Advanced Member

USA
5182 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  07:44:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pot just like booze will never be stopped..Prohibition on alcohol just made gangsters like Al Capone rich and famous, The pot laws have done the same,, Legalize it through Legal dispensaries and tax the hell out of it with 100% of the revenue raised going toward the deficient, veterans and Social Security,,
Go to Top of Page

serf
Anti Gun Lib

6652 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  2:36:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Come out of the 1930's.

Medical marijuana is just a con for recreational use.

If you go to a medical doctor and get it from a bonified pharmacy then yes I am all for this type of use.

Now for over the counter use then cannabidiol oil is the only thing that should be bought. It can be used in the treatment of cancer and
it is used in the treatment of inflammatory disorders, anxiety, depression, seizures and neurodegenerative disorders.
Can be used in the treatment of epilepsy also

http://www.chronictherapy.co/hemp-oil-vs-cbd-oil-whats-the-difference-2/?age-verified=6da4127951

The rest is for Pot Heads like you who wish to get high.

serf
Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

50748 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  4:04:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This must be welcome news to you Barz and others who like to smoke the five leaf. Get high with the help of Trump and your friends, eh?

And you want him out of office.

Pfffft

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace." -Jesus

"Also he [David] bade them teach the children of Judah [the use of] the bow" -Samuel

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

G1
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

26600 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2018 :  07:43:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You two feel better about yourselves, now ?

Go to Top of Page

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
30827 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2018 :  07:54:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by serf

quote:

Come out of the 1930's.

Medical marijuana is just a con for recreational use.

If you go to a medical doctor and get it from a bonified pharmacy then yes I am all for this type of use.

Now for over the counter use then cannabidiol oil is the only thing that should be bought. It can be used in the treatment of cancer and
it is used in the treatment of inflammatory disorders, anxiety, depression, seizures and neurodegenerative disorders.
Can be used in the treatment of epilepsy also

http://www.chronictherapy.co/hemp-oil-vs-cbd-oil-whats-the-difference-2/?age-verified=6da4127951

The rest is for Pot Heads like you who wish to get high.

serf

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is they way it is. The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference.

All comments posted here are my opinion as expressed via the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

Go to Top of Page

serf
Anti Gun Lib

6652 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2018 :  10:09:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well since you cannot refute or debate the issue logically and always spout off some weird phrase when you fail then you fail in projectivity in your essay. In other words, you have lost the debate.

serf
Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

50748 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2018 :  11:03:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, at least we don't need to use pot to do so.

"Also he [David] bade them teach the children of Judah [the use of] the bow" -Samuel

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

G1
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
36786 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2018 :  5:53:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That ship has sailed, I predict recreational marijuana will be legal countrywide in less than a decade. Like happy marriage the issue will soon be off the table. We see weed all the time, it's treated like a traffic ticket here anymore, very rare that any one gets any jail time. Heroin and meth today is as common as marijuana, and comparatively heroin is far more destructive. Weed is so common we don't even have to send it to the lab for analysis anymore for court, because the labs are so backed up with testing.
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

26600 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2018 :  8:12:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

quote:

Neither do I.

Nor do I need to lie.

Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

50748 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2018 :  12:57:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Neither do I.

Nor do I need to lie.

Guess that makes two of us.

G1
Go to Top of Page

serf
Anti Gun Lib

6652 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2018 :  1:12:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Neither do I.

Nor do I need to lie.

Guess that makes two of us.

But wait Barzillia is not perfect. Smoking refer is not medical marijuana but digesting it in very small qualities is .That's the smoke screen he is blowing here.

Democrats are even better at that Then The Rhino's ! Believe it or not.

serf

Edited by - serf on 04/19/2018 1:13:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

50748 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  1:31:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

G1
Go to Top of Page

Alpine
Advanced Member

12061 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  1:43:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spasmcreek

yeah ..this money will be wasted and taxes raised in the future to pay the social costs incurred by the stoned

Bingo! We have the winner!

Your mileage may vary.
“Every time a system is made foolproof - a new class of fool emerges.”
Prod Harris

"If you ain't got pictures, I wasn't there."

"Profanity is the linguistics of the inarticulate."

You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat."
Albert Einstein

In a follow-up story, local police are considering charging Mr. Lapointe with felony stupid. The usual additional charge of Ignorant in a Smart Zone will not be applied, due to the rural location of the incident, according to a police spokesman.

"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and Always win." Clint Smith

I come from a State that raises corn and cotton and cock-leburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me.
- Willard D. Vandiver

The burden of proof lies on the plaintiff.
- Legal maxim
"The trouble with Communism is that eventually you run out of other people's money?"
Margaret Thatcher 1976

To what level of stupidity do you want to address?

"This democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
~Ayn Rand, from her book Atlas Shrugged
Go to Top of Page

mag00
Advanced Member

3055 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  3:33:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought Chuckie Shumer was introducing a pot bill today. Along with changing the classification , wanted money to help women and minorities set up pot shops.

Please advise

"My guns aren't worth dying for, but my freedoms are". guns-n-painthorses 3-30-2018

If anything can go right, it will go right and at the best possible time.
Go to Top of Page

serf
Anti Gun Lib

6652 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  7:42:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A stone population is much easier to manage and pacify in a society, in fact men do not have much testosterone already according to this trend study below and chronic pot smokers, well can have even less and grow boobs.

serf

https://gamedaymenshealth.com/population-level-decline-serum-testosterone-levels-american-men/

The data in this study are “important because they provide independent support for the concerns raised earlier about the reproductive health of men.” … “it would be unwise to dismiss these reports as mere statistical aberrations because of the potential threat these trends– if confirmed– pose to the survival of the human race and other living residents of our planet.”

Edited by - serf on 04/20/2018 7:43:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

26600 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  10:53:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

As far as I know, the major denominations have not taken a position opposing medical uses of marijuana.

Not that that has to necessarily mean much, but what church or denomination are you part of that identifies a physician who prescribes marijuana as a minion of Satan ???

If this is something you have figured out yourself, perhaps you can do something more than post memes and explain why you believe that your approach to medical use is a biblical one.

While you are at it, maybe you can explain why folks should not be using other plant products as medication as well, such as opiates.

Or coca derivatives, for that matter.

You have already made your preference for alcohol known, so I presume that it is that an approved substance in your faith, despite it's history of use in the worship of Bacchus.

Go to Top of Page

TooBig
Advanced Member

USA
25310 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2018 :  07:09:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think we now know how Barzillia can stomach Hillary

NO COUNTRY CAN SURVIVE OPEN BORDERS AND WELFARE XXXXXXXXX It's time for the Democraps use their brain and the Republicans to grow a Pair. Tell Congress it's time to Read the Bills First
Go to Top of Page

mjrfd99
Advanced Member

USA
2707 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2018 :  07:36:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enemies of the USA tend to stick together like wet s***
Go to Top of Page

jerrywh818

USA
2060 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2018 :  11:18:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pot makes you stupid. Stupid makes Democrats. Democrats are destroying this country. Pot was a leading factor in the death of all my kids and about 6 other people I knew. Nobody can tell me different I have seen it first hand. If you just smoke a little bit it makes you a little bit stupid. If you smoke a lot it makes you real stupid. Stupid enough to make you believe it is harmless.

ant dancer
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

26600 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2018 :  11:46:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jerrywh818

Pot makes you stupid. Stupid makes Democrats. Democrats are destroying this country. Pot was a leading factor in the death of all my kids and about 6 other people I knew. Nobody can tell me different I have seen it first hand. If you just smoke a little bit it makes you a little bit stupid. If you smoke a lot it makes you real stupid. Stupid enough to make you believe it is harmless.

No one here, as far as I can see, is suggesting that marijuana cannot be abused, or that it should be freely available to anyone at any time, and for any reason.

If you want the substance regulated only at a federal level, your argument is with Trump.

Perhaps you can explain his "stupid" decision ?

Go to Top of Page

serf
Anti Gun Lib

6652 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2018 :  11:56:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

No one here, as far as I can see, is suggesting that marijuana cannot be abused, or that it should be freely available to anyone at any time, and for any reason.

If you want the substance regulated only at a federal level, your argument is with Trump.

Yet medical marijuana is just an excuse for recreational use to be approved later. Most so-called suppliers push both in any state they can with no regulation of potency control or diagnosis of a treatable condition.

That's why cry baby Boehner wants to get on board for money and profit and heck he makes a good sponsor for all The Rhino's potheads who are seeking approval in their respective state legislatures.

serf

Go to Top of Page

nemesisenforcer
Advanced Member

10768 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2018 :  12:00:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Yet medical marijuana is just an excuse for recreational use to be approved later. Most so-called suppliers push both in any state they can with no regulation of potency control or diagnosis of a treatable condition.

That's why cry baby Boehner wants to get on board for money and profit and heck he makes a good sponsor for all The Rhino's potheads who are seeking approval in their respective state legislatures.

serf

lol

Go sell crazy somewhere else. We're all full up here.

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
—H L Mencken

"Here's a toast to virgins and lesbians: THANKS FOR NOTHIN!!!!!"

"I don't know which disgusts me more: your cowardice or your stupidity."

"HISTORY, CULTURE, TRADITION. THESE ARE NOT CONCEPTS; THEY ARE SOUVENIRS I KEEP IN MY DEN AS PAPERWEIGHTS!!!"

". . . greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good.

Greed is right.

Greed works.

Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind.

And greed -- you mark my words -- will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA."
Gordon Gekko

START STOCKPILING AMMUNITION AND DONG BAGS.

Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

26600 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2018 :  10:39:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

serf

Well, as long as you wanna do "yet".....

Yet the closure of Wal Marts for remodeling is just another lie to cover the presence of Chinese troops ready to swarm the country and send us all to FEMA camps, too.

Go to Top of Page

53hawkeye
Advanced Member

USA
3079 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2018 :  11:27:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
holy crappoli...our heaviest hitters, pain killing wise, are derivatives of the coca plant ...codeine, hydrocodone, vicodin etc. and opioids...Morphine, from opium.
next time you are in the recovery room recovering from a back surgery, knee implant, etc. you can thank one of the two for pain relief.
these drugs on the street are MANY times worse, addiction wise , than the sweet leaf. As is the most acceptable drug available (alcohol).
talk about being or acting stupid...the morgues are full of dead drunks, from liver diseases to auto wrecks.
just sayin'

"To ride, shoot straight, and tell a lie, is all you need to teach a guy." ...Jack P. Rotsnaze...aka...ratnose

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy"...Josey Wales

"If it's a father/son business ask for the father"...Hank Hill

Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

26600 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2018 :  12:40:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coca derivatives help make ENT and eye surgery possible.

The drugs you list are all opioids, just for precision's sake.

The point you make remains valid.

Medicines are a blessing to those who are ill.

And can be poisons to those who are not.

Where the wisdom of self medication exists, or even begins, is hard for me to tell.

But to deny some basic steps towards compassionate use through the removal of a federal classification as a Class I controlled substance probably makes sense as a beginning.

Go to Top of Page

serf
Anti Gun Lib

6652 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2018 :  12:40:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 53hawkeye

holy crappoli...our heaviest hitters, pain killing wise, are derivatives of the coca plant ...codeine, hydrocodone, vicodin etc. and opioids...Morphine, from opium.
next time you are in the recovery room recovering from a back surgery, knee implant, etc. you can thank one of the two for pain relief.
these drugs on the street are MANY times worse, addiction wise , than the sweet leaf. As is the most acceptable drug available (alcohol).
talk about being or acting stupid...the morgues are full of dead drunks, from liver diseases to auto wrecks.
just sayin'

Yeah and all here who are for pot smoking then move To Washington State and please leave your firearms home with mommy. If Not Then The Feds are coming for them soon.

serf

https://www.allbud.com/marijuana-strains/indica-dominant-hybrid/brains-damage

This dank bud boasts an insanely high average THC level between 20-23% and offers hard-hitting effects that make the user act like they actually have brain damage. These potent effects kick in after one or two hits of this bud, leaving you with insanely droopy red eyes and a super heavy couch-lock that leaves you immovable, introspective, and sedated. This effect can last for hours and can leave you nonresponsive even when someone is directly talking to you, and users are often found in a blissful state of undisturbed sleep. Due to these heavy indica effects, Brain’s Damage is a perfect strain for treating patients suffering from insomnia, night terrors, chronic pain, and migraines. Brain’s Damage buds have medium-sized insanely dense dark olive green nugs with dark purple undertones and a spattering of thin twisty dark amber hairs. These nugs are dusted with almost translucent trichomes and are absolutely dripping with sweet syrupy resin. This bud has an intoxicating aroma of freshly picked tropical fruit and a taste of sweet earthy fruit with a hint of sharp pine...

https://www.allbud.com/marijuana-strains/indica-dominant-hybrid/brains-damage
Go to Top of Page

mjrfd99
Advanced Member

USA
2707 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2018 :  06:18:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This dank bud boasts an insanely high average THC level between 20-23% and offers hard-hitting effects that make the user act like they actually have brain damage. These potent effects kick in after one or two hits of this bud, leaving you with insanely droopy red eyes and a super heavy couch-lock that leaves you immovable, introspective, and sedated. This effect can last for hours and can leave you nonresponsive even when someone is directly talking to you, and users are often found in a blissful state of undisturbed sleep. Due to these heavy indica effects, Brain’s Damage is a perfect strain for treating patients suffering from insomnia, night terrors, chronic pain, and migraines. Brain’s Damage buds have medium-sized insanely dense dark olive green nugs with dark purple undertones and a spattering of thin twisty dark amber hairs. These nugs are dusted with almost translucent trichomes and are absolutely dripping with sweet syrupy resin. This bud has an intoxicating aroma of freshly picked tropical fruit and a taste of sweet earthy fruit with a hint of sharp pine...

Same effects as top jar moonshine. Strong weed -strong alcohol.
The similarites are undeniable.

PS except the death part. Alcohol waaaaaaay deadlier.

Edited by - mjrfd99 on 04/23/2018 06:39:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
30827 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2018 :  07:05:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pointing out one destructive legal substance to justify another now illegal destructive substance?

Now that is not logical not a winning approach.

Abraham Lincoln

Go to Top of Page

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

50748 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2018 :  11:37:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jesus turned water into wine to be served at a party. That seems pretty well known. If you don't know it Barz... well...

Then most likely you've also never read and studied Gal 5:20, Rev, 9:21, Rev 18:23, or Rev 21:8.

G1
Go to Top of Page

serf
Anti Gun Lib

6652 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2018 :  1:13:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mjrfd99

Same effects as top jar moonshine. Strong weed -strong alcohol.
The similarites are undeniable.

PS except the death part. Alcohol waaaaaaay deadlier.

Too whom? The intoxicated driver or the poor soul who they ran over or cause a terrible accident .

And you better brush up on chronic and acute uses both deadly when drugs are over ingested.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4827335/#!po=56.7308

The THC content, or potency, of marijuana, as detected in confiscated samples, has been steadily increasing from about 3% in the 1980s to 12% in 201250 (Fig. 1A). This increase in THC content raises concerns that the consequences of marijuana use may be worse now than in the past and may account for the significant increases in emergency department visits by persons reporting marijuana use51 (Fig. 1B) and the increases in fatal motor-vehicle accidents.35 This increase in THC potency over time also raises questions about the current relevance of the findings in older studies on the effects of marijuana use, especially studies that assessed long-term outcomes.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page