GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 one of those weekends.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hillbille
Advanced Member

7628 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  09:02:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
son just bought a house, closed on friday, we took some things up to him saturday and load of tools and ladders ect as he wanted to paint the whole house before he moves in, and has new carpet and floors. Only 2 people as we pulled up, I thought some "painting party" as he called it. was soon informed the homeowner had the power shut off, most time they just come for a final reading, no he shuts it off, power company say it will be up to 3 days before they can turn it on.

He needed a new mower, so as soon as a few others show up I go with him as I have the only truck to pick up a new mower and get lunch for the other 3 who showed up. got a new rider and was less than mile or two from his new house, fuel pump goes out of my truck. I replace it less than 2 years ago, right after my bypass, I couldn't get under the truck to drop the tank so I removed the bedliner and cut an access panel in the floor of the bed.

had to have it towed to his house, unloaded the mower, and one of his friend offered to help , we tore off the rails for bedcover and removed the bedliner putting them in the front yard. I bet the neighbors were loving this, just moved in and first day tearing truck apart in front yard that had to be towed in. took longer to get the bedliner out than to replace the pump. only thing was I bought the pump back home at Oreillys with lifetime warranty, no Orielly around where he lives, home is almost 2 hours away, so we run down to auto zone and buy new one.

got home last night smelled gas, just got the bedliner out and pulled the acess panel the young man who helped me put the lockring on the top of the gas tank that hold the fuel pump down on upside down and it didn't lock the pump actually jumped up about an inch out of the tank! I had drove it almost 2 hours this way, now I am going to have to take the lines off just so I can turn it over so it will lock the pump down. luck we got home, guess it was my fault as I didn't watch him that close as he put the new one in. I am getting the feeling I might be living in Locust Fork WVa......

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

33778 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  1:57:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you should be happy you weren't a roman candle going home
Go to Top of Page

mogley98
Advanced Member

USA
14264 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  5:11:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I made a Truck I would brag that my Fuel Pump was accessible so no one would ever have to cut an access panel in.

Go to Top of Page

wpageabc
Advanced Member

USA
7292 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  6:15:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you made it home...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page