GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 The Fishing Hole!
 Lake Ozark Fishing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2015 :  2:59:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been fishing a bunch and catching them real good. Had a 6/6 big old bug eye molly hod bass day before yesterday and want to catch more of them... With all the rain we have had they shut the lake down to no wake for a day . CAN YOU SAY HEAVEN Well they dropped down enough to go crazy again so off the water I am for a few days... Hey Happy forth of July to all you guys!
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2015 :  4:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
During the last high water the fishing was so hot the fish were sweating. Caught 30 to 40 bass every day on a good old worm. Fun fun Fun.. Now the weather has gotten real good anfd hot and the fishing has slowed but they still can be caught.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2015 :  3:50:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishing has slowed way down here at the lake. So has the guide business also. I guess it is a blessing because the fishing is so slow. oh you can go out and catch them. But I was so blessed this year so far with great fishing it is kid of disappointing to me. getting ready to head to Canada to fish Thursday so hopefully I will be back in the groove when I get back. Hope everyone is doing fine !
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2015 :  09:02:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It has been a real good summer . Caught fish like crazy and stayed real busy. Picked up a couple of new sponsors Lew's Fishing and also Phoenix Boats. Fall fishing is just around the corner looking forward to that. Good Fishing!

Big Ed
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
43742 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2015 :  5:38:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the steady postings about fishing, Big Ed! I enjoy them like I'm sure lots of other members do too!

What's next

A couple of favorite quotes:

"What goes around comes around."

“Abe, climb down from Mt. Rushmore, and vacate the penny. Your days in the pantheon are over, thanks to the scholarship and courage of Thomas J. DiLorenzo.” — Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2015 :  09:30:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The past few weeks the fishing has been tougher that a two dollar steak. finally we are getting a little cooler weather. The shad have started moving back in the coves and that is where you can find some bigger bass. Normally at this time of the year the white bass are getting with it. I have only caught a few so far this year. The guide business is slowing down a little but still getting a few trips each week. Hey come on down and lets go fishing.

I have to admit something last night I cooked some Flathead Catfish OMG I soaked it in ice water with a little salt over night. Then yesterday I took it out and changed the water then drained it and then put in in milk for a hour or so. Drained it then I breaded it in corn meal and let it swim in hot oil until golden brown. That stuff is slap your mom good. I had cut all of the red meat out of it and had nothing but white meat. i swear it was the best fish I have ever had.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2015 :  08:34:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good night on the lake last night . My clients had 6 keepers and several shorts. I think the cooler weather is starting to help. It will then the turnover and that will change things for a week or so. Come on white bass I got people that want to catch you.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2015 :  8:40:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been busy been on the injured reserve been out of town but been fishing too. The fish are on the corners of the big docks and can be caught on topwater baits. This is kind of a normal pattern for this time of the year... i got a new boat and really haven't got to use it much because of a knee surgery.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2015 :  4:57:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The weather is cooling down and so is the water finally. Looking forward to some fantastic fall / winter fishing once again here at the lake. Fall Sept and Oct can be tough as a two dollar steak with no exception this year. Going out in a little to fish until dark fun times I hope.
Go to Top of Page

peabo
Advanced Member

3176 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2015 :  5:35:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Liv2Fish

The weather is cooling down and so is the water finally. Looking forward to some fantastic fall / winter fishing once again here at the lake. Fall Sept and Oct can be tough as a two dollar steak with no exception this year. Going out in a little to fish until dark fun times I hope.

Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see !!
NRA Life Member
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2015 :  1:40:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishing sucked caught one Hybrid about 4 lbs and missed several others.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2015 :  10:39:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishing SUCKS the past few days. You can catch a few but they are few and far between. We have a mega storm going to hit today so I think I will stay dry docked today.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2015 :  09:51:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today is going to be the day..... Keep thinking that Ed! Last night we had a real storm here at the lake as much as the mid west did. The wind blew and blew with heavy gusts from time to time. I just got to find where all of the fish got blew to.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2015 :  3:28:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning on the lake today . I was surprised caught about a dozen bass on jerk baits on the windy shade side of docks. We fished the flats where all the wind has been blowing and came up empty. The water temp is still in the mid 60s. saw lots of shad but the big bass are not getting after them yet.
Go to Top of Page

peabo
Advanced Member

3176 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2015 :  3:30:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Good morning on the lake today . I was surprised caught about a dozen bass on jerk baits on the windy shade side of docks. We fished the flats where all the wind has been blowing and came up empty. The water temp is still in the mid 60s. saw lots of shad but the big bass are not getting after them yet.

NRA Life Member
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2015 :  10:40:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So happy going to go fishing today. Been deer hunting the past week and the the rains came......Got today then it is going to get colder than a well diggers butt for a couple of days. Oh fun it looks like it is going to be winter soon... Have a great weekend
Go to Top of Page

peabo
Advanced Member

3176 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2015 :  3:52:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

So happy going to go fishing today. Been deer hunting the past week and the the rains came......Got today then it is going to get colder than a well diggers butt for a couple of days. Oh fun it looks like it is going to be winter soon... Have a great weekend

NRA Life Member
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2015 :  7:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peabo why do you copy and paste my posts? Am I missing something ? I am sorry I don't get it....
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2015 :  11:20:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Thanksgiving All ! the wind is picking up and the rain is on its way.
Go to Top of Page

bigbill0910

USA
806 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2015 :  2:54:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Thanksgiving Big Ed! Did you thin out the deer around your spot?

Put it on him and hurry the hammer down.
Go to Top of Page

peabo
Advanced Member

3176 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2015 :  7:17:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Peabo why do you copy and paste my posts? Am I missing something ? I am sorry I don't get it....

when i don't have anything to say/add, i just want you to know that some of us are reading your posts. i reply with quote but say nothing

NRA Life Member
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2015 :  8:37:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishing has been just ok when I get out on the water. i wanted to go today but got caught up in a project and never made the lake. Tomorrow is going to be the day. We have a great forecast for the next 10 days so look out fish... peobo thanks for telling me that... I appreicate your reading and I just didn't want to peeeeee anyone off. Thanks for being a reader.
Go to Top of Page

peabo
Advanced Member

3176 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2015 :  01:55:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Fishing has been just ok when I get out on the water. i wanted to go today but got caught up in a project and never made the lake. Tomorrow is going to be the day. We have a great forecast for the next 10 days so look out fish... peobo thanks for telling me that... I appreicate your reading and I just didn't want to peeeeee anyone off. Thanks for being a reader.

KEEP WRITING AND I'LL KEEP READING -- SINCE I CAN'T FISH ANYMORE, I REALLY ENJOY IT. SOME PICTURES WOULD HELP THOUGH.

THANKS --- PEABO

NRA Life Member

Edited by - peabo on 12/04/2015 02:04:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2016 :  12:49:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peabo I am sorry but for some reason I can't post pictures on here. I have lots of pictures on my web site bigedsguideservice.com. The fishing here at the lake is the worse it has ever been for winter time fishing. Cold and Muddy water just doesn't go together. Going to give it a try again tomorrow as we are expecting a warming trend through the weekend. We had skim ice here the past few days and the backs of the covers are frozen but the main lake is open. It does however look like you could plant corn in it. Normally this lake is clear 15 foot or better of visbilty but not this year.. The fish are in shock.. If this was April, May or June you could smoke them...
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2016 :  12:27:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got back from a cruise and ready to fish.. Went the other day and caught several bass and a couple of dandy's on a crankbait. I kissed a Stingray on the cruise so that gives me 8 years of good luck. SO WATCH OUT FISH!
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2016 :  10:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good day on the pond today . We caught several bass the best 5 would of been close to 20 lbs. The water temp barely made 50 and the wind was blowing so hard the birds were walking.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2016 :  1:43:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been real busy and have been posting on another site. The fishing at the lake has bee real weird because of the weather and the muddy water.. One day you can go kick their but t other days it is like pulling teeth.. Oh well I guess hat it is called fishing not always catching.

Have a good time guys ....
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2016 :  2:41:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Veteran's Day! Thanks to all of the vets out there. Without you we would not be able to enjoy things like we do....
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2016 :  2:42:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been fishing lots and catching them half decent ! Have a great day..
Go to Top of Page

peabo
Advanced Member

3176 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2016 :  8:35:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Happy Veteran's Day! Thanks to all of the vets out there. Without you we would not be able to enjoy things like we do....

NRA Life Member
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  7:27:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow I din't realize how long it has been since i have visited here. Been fishing every day and not killing them but doing ok. This lake is fishing really tough this year for some reason. I just got back from Cedar Lake in Canada where we just flat kicked the dogstuff out of the smallmouth bass. I had a great time.... Already making plans for our return trip next year. Good fishing You guys!
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2016 :  11:28:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Caught them this morning on a drop shot rig out on the ends of points. the fish have just stopped wanting my old friend the ten inch worm.I guess that is why it is called fishing not always catching...
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2016 :  09:36:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been catching them real good lately.. Last night I took a friend out and I caught a mixed bag. I caught White Bass. Channel Catfish, Blue Catfish Black Bass and Kentucky Bass.I caught them all off the same point on the same CRANKBAIT. Yep I was fishing a Deep N and all the fish were trying to get into the boat. I helped them..... Good Fishing!
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2016 :  12:52:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good day fellow fisherman...... I have been catching the bass real good on a drop shot .. However last night we caught them like a crazy on a Pop R as we lucked out and found them chasing shad. Then after that stopped we fished a couple of other spots and then we found the White Bass. We caught them real good for at least an hour. It was cast reel catch fish take off cast reel catch fish. It was a hoot.... Going to go get them again tonight.... Have a good one guys Big Ed out!!!
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2016 :  11:29:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cooler weather is on us and it is changing the fishing daily. Had been catching fish on a big worm and now they wont eat it.. I have been catching fish on a drop shot real good so tomorrow that will give it a try. Been catching fish on top water on the corners of the docks hope that pattern gets stronger. It should as the fish are starting to move into the coves following the shad. been a while since I have been on here been a busy summer...
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2016 :  12:59:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a little neck surgery couple of weeks ago . I had several vertebrae fused and I feel 100% better. I did venture out in my cove today and caught a few. The water temperature is in the lower 60s and the air temp was in the lower 60s also. The fish are ganged up on the corners of the big docks and are eager to eat. Caught about fifteen bass in a couple of hours. No monsters just good quality fish..The temp is going to take a plunge tomorrow so I hope to fish just one more time.
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2016 :  6:08:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fished just a little today Dang cold it was.. The water temp is 58 and cler . Caught a few on a crankbait. There should be better days ahead
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2016 :  2:18:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Catching crappie like crazy. Water temp is in the low 50s and all you have to do is look for them on the locator and start catching... The fish are along the big docks and are suspended down about ten feet in water twenty foot or deeper. The crappie are nice size for the table twelve to 14 inches long. Catching lots of smaller one also. We caught our limits 15 each in less than two hours yesterday..
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2017 :  01:28:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone !!!! Dang I have been busy sitting on the couch nursing a back surgery. However I hope to be back at them this week again... This past weekend her at the lake The bass were jumping in the boat.. There were over 25 20 pound five fish limits brought to the scales. The bite is on that is for sure... Do you know how hard that is to sit on a chair stare at the lake and can't go fishing... Hope it happens soon.. come fish beautiful lake of the Ozarks and give it a try...
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2017 :  09:43:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lake of the Ozarks is on Fire.. this past weekend it took over 20 pounds to cash a check in the tournaments.. That's a four pound average.. The lake isn't really giving the fish up super easy but throw a mo rig and you will catch them.. i perfer a spinnerbait in the backs of windy coves ...This weekend we are going to get some snow so that will slow things down some....
Go to Top of Page

Liv2Fish

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2017 :  8:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unreal fishing here at Beautiful Lake of the Ozarks. The fish are biting like crazy and it is really easy picking for me right now. A guides dream come true I guess you could say. All you have to do is find them on the locator on a main lake point and catch them. It is really almost that easy. Drop shot drag a turd it is almost that easy. Good times for sure for sure...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page