GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 US Military Veteran Forum - Gulf Wars
 Fake? Ranger
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Darkshaman
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2012 :  10:32:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackguns

It is always the little things that get these guys. One time I was listening to a guy talking about his confirmed sniper kills at Guantanamo, the stories sounded a little fabricated. I asked him what unit he was a part of and he says Marine "Forest Recon." He had obviously misheard the Force part, so I told I knew a guy who was part of the "Beach Recon" team, which he had worked with! That is usually the best way to bust these guys. Just make something up and when they confirm it you know they are full of sh@#t!

In my expirence with fakes, they almost ALWAYS claim that they are getting a percent disability pay that does not exist. If they say anything other than a factor of 10% its a lie. And below 20% total is a lie. In other words they pay 30% 40% 50% 60% and so on. Well i can't even tell you how many people have tried to tell me they are getting 55% of 78% or even 20% VA dont pay from 20% and below. Its BS. And to be honest i don't even find it funny anymore its literally sickening to see people claim they are something they're not.

Edited by - Darkshaman on 03/30/2012 10:34:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

CbtEngr01
Advanced Member

USA
3441 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2012 :  9:44:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fakes are out there. In my experience the "fakes" are actual veterans telling stories that were not thiers. Kinda like when someone tells somebody else's hunting story as thier own. We went to a base in Balad Iraq and watched a movie( I felt so spoiled), before the movie, there was a video of a 2 star that had some good advice. I dont remember everything he said word for word, but he said( and I'm probably paraphrasing here) "when you go home tell your stories, but stay in your lane."
Go to Top of Page

BobSm
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  7:12:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been a while, but the skill identifiers for junior officers are different. Now that you jog my memory, I was an "11AC5S", the "11A" being basic infantry, the "C" being at least one tour in a mech outfit, and the "5S" being airborne-ranger qualified.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

crash2usaf
Advanced Member

2779 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2012 :  2:15:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seal snipers!! Apparently they are abundant in the south... in the first gulf war... I asked one how old he was and did the math he woulda been in 8th grade at that time!!! He was pissed that I called him on it when he was hitting on a woman in a room full of people..

Dont get me wrong there are plenty of good seals/snipers born and raised in the south (texas makes a lot of them for some reason)... But damm for every one there are 100 liars
Go to Top of Page

CoolhandLuke
Advanced Member

USA
8194 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  9:48:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just posted this in another thread any how, Get over it for sure there is 50,000 navy seals in bars across America any Friday night. I would take it as a complement

We have to fight so we can we can run away.
Captain. Jack Sparrow
Go to Top of Page

kdixon

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  9:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its funny that the only ones you can trust right off the bat are mechanics,cooks, truck drivers, anyone almost that was not elite. All others I just listen and wait for the slip, most don't know the 4th point of contact which is where their head is.
Go to Top of Page

Sam06
Advanced Member

11408 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  12:24:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BobSm

It's been a while, but the skill identifiers for junior officers are different. Now that you jog my memory, I was an "11AC5S", the "11A" being basic infantry, the "C" being at least one tour in a mech outfit, and the "5S" being airborne-ranger qualified.

Bob, When were you in the 5/87?

RLTW

Proud white heteronormative cis-male member of the Kyriarchy

Liberalism: The haunting feeling that someone, somewhere, might be having a good time.
Go to Top of Page

torosapo
Advanced Member

USA
4037 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2013 :  6:45:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Darkshaman

quote:
Originally posted by Blackguns

It is always the little things that get these guys. One time I was listening to a guy talking about his confirmed sniper kills at Guantanamo, the stories sounded a little fabricated. I asked him what unit he was a part of and he says Marine "Forest Recon." He had obviously misheard the Force part, so I told I knew a guy who was part of the "Beach Recon" team, which he had worked with! That is usually the best way to bust these guys. Just make something up and when they confirm it you know they are full of sh@#t!

Not so fast there Darkshaman. Almost 14 yrs active US Navy I get 10% VA disabilty for hearing loss. It went up $2 this year for a total of $129. The worse poser I met was wear a Seal Trident lapel pin, running for office. I reported him to an active duty Seal I knew. His name never showed up on ballot.In my expirence with fakes, they almost ALWAYS claim that they are getting a percent disability pay that does not exist. If they say anything other than a factor of 10% its a lie. And below 20% total is a lie. In other words they pay 30% 40% 50% 60% and so on. Well i can't even tell you how many people have tried to tell me they are getting 55% of 78% or even 20% VA dont pay from 20% and below. Its BS. And to be honest i don't even find it funny anymore its literally sickening to see people claim they are something they're not.

A fox isn't sly, he just can't think any slower

I'm just a poor bummer trying to make a dime without payin' the government a dollar. I think I figgered it out how, LIE to them, they been doing it to us for years.
http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=270614

Edited by - torosapo on 03/19/2013 4:09:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

nards444
Flaming Liberal

USA
4436 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  2:12:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After being out a few years this is what I have noticed. Everybody that find seems to have been a Ranger, SF, something. What I usually find is that people that come out right away talking about it are probably full of it. The guy that says yeah I was in, and then down the line mentions his unit is probably telling the truth. Ive been to Iraq and Afghanistan and can for the most part tell if somebody is bs me. now for other conflicts I dont know.

I always respected others badges achievements etc, but never thought they were above me regardless if they were ranger or not. Because when it came down to it we were on the same team, there were things they could do that I couldnt do and vice versa.

And to be honest while in Iraq SF did nothing to benefit me or my unit in particular, but I do remember helping them a few times. So my hats are off to anybody that does something above the norm, but do I really care, no probably not.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page