In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

GB Support

WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in General Discussion
I have for the first time 2 deadbeat bidders.
How come there is no link to just contact CS and say I want my commission credited and explain your predicament??

It seems like GB wants to make it difficult to get credit when there is a very legitimate reason.

One guy knows the game well kept saying it was on the way then it must have got lost and said he sent another then that never showed then he said he would pay at Wal-Mart and I could just pick it up then he finally admitted he would not pay but now it is past the "reminder deadline" a period decreed by GB.
So I can not send a reminder notice now

It would be nice if we did not have to jump through hoops and have to navigate something that should simply have a link to get to the problem and resolve it

Maybe I am missing something but the seller that puts a decent amount of coin in GB pockets should not have to work so hard to get a credit after working so hard to work with a deadbeat bidder.

Still have not figured out get the credit for these two items.

Is it improper to list deadbeat bidders in the forums?
because if it is I don't want to list deabeadt bidders and have you block them being they will not be paying and all

I have had a couple people not pay but offered to reimburse me for the commission which was nice because GB does not make it easy to make things right.
I would have rather had this conversation with CS but there is no way to actually contact them and have a discussion, at least not that I can find

Wulfmann
3YUCmbB.jpg
"Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
Otto von Bismarck

Comments

• Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0]
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    From the posting guidelines:

quote:Complaints or criticism about GunBroker.com, its staff, its policies, or any buyer or seller on that site. If you have a problem with an auction transaction use the auction feedback system and/or contact tech support.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,004 ******
    edited November -1
    Zulu was right to lock the thread, and I was right to edit the original post.

Suggestion: Go ahead and send the payment reminder before the deadline, even if the buyer says he has sent payment, to keep your options open.

CaptFun has stated that Support has been overwhelmed with all the new members of late, but he is hiring new people, and they will get caught up.

Best I can tell you is that there is a mechanism in place to deal with this problem, and to use it as best you can.

If there were a link specifically to deal with your particular problem, it would soon be overwhelmed with other problems. You can put a warning on the link, "This link is only to be used for thus and such," and people will simply ignore it, or think that their problem is unique enough, and that they do enough business with GunBroker to warrant bending the rules.

There is a GunBroker page on Facebook. Some yahoo over there is raising billy hell because there is no PHONE number published, whereby people could report fraudulent and illegal sales. I don't think anyone here is foolish enough to believe that, if GunBroker published a phone number, people would only use it for its stated purpose. That yahoo is, though.

Try this, too. Go to Support. Click through to "My Problem Is Not Listed Here," and you have a free-form window in which you can write out your difficulty. Submit your problem that way, even if you think it is too late to receive help. You may be surprised. Don't expect that you will have an answer within 2 days though.