In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Motel 6 responds to a guest greeted by racial slu

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
Motel 6 responds to a guest greeted by racial slur on TV screen

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/state/racial-slur-on-motel-guests-tv#ixzz22EpPJFBv

SHARONVILLE, Ohio - Motel 6 issued a statement after a Dayton man said a racial slur showed up on the TV in his room in Sharonville, Ohio.

Joseph Ross said a racial slur appeared on the television in his Motel 6 room on Hauck Road after he checked in Friday evening.

"I turned the TV on and when I laid back on the bed I just happened to see something on the screen and I was like, 'aww that ain't there, so then I focused my eyes and I couldn't believe what was on there,'" Ross said.

After Ross saw the message, he called the Motel 6 corporate office, as well as the Dayton chapter of the NAACP.

"To my amazement I actually witnessed with my own eyes 'Hello (racial slur) exclamation point,'" said Derrick Forward, President of the Dayton chapter of the NAACP.

Ross was in the area to attend the Macy's Music Festival. Forward thinks the timing of the message is no coincidence.
"For a guest to come to your hotel, turn on the TV during a Macy's jazz festival, that's predominately African-American that attend this event, to say 'Hello (racial slur)' what kind of welcome is that?" Forward said.

Motel 6 issued the following statement on Saturday:
"At Motel 6, we are proud of the great diversity of the guests that we serve, and we are completely appalled by the offensive slur that appeared on our guest's television screen Friday. We are investigating to determine how this mishap occurred, and after inspecting other rooms this appears to be an isolated incident."

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/state/racial-slur-on-motel-guests-tv#ixzz22EpGI38e
What's next?

Comments

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Something sounds fishy about this.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds to me like someone is just grasping for free money.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could be exactly that! Surely there is not a more legalized criminal organization in America than the NAACP, unless, of course, it's the congressional black caucus itself, IMO.
    What's next?
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One has to wonder if the timing of the programming change can be established. I have been to a number of hotels that welcome guests by name the first time the television is turned on.

Maybe Mr. Ross pissed-off the desk clerk...
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    One has to wonder if the timing of the programming change can be established. I have been to a number of hotels that welcome guests by name the first time the television is turned on.

That's funny, and it might well have been the case too! lol [:D][:D][:D]
    What's next?
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sure as hope & change it did not come from the tv station if it really showed up on HIS screen....hmmmmm....if so someone needs found & fired...but not a blanket freebie from motel 6.....Tom don't greet em that way
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

Excellent point. I have had such a welcome as well. It is entirely possible the message was meant as a joke for a friend of the desk clerk. Too little is known here to make any concrete judgements.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe the next time he'll DVR it.
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah 35, many think that it sure beats working for it!
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did the guest musician's from the country of Niger get placed in the wrong room?
  • HooverTacticalHooverTactical Member Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably some bored kid who worked there and knew where the hello greeting was in the system

for the lulz

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-did-it-for-the-lulz

it happens
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    sooo.. no camera phone[:0]
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,313 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I'd of just yelled "Right back at ya honky" at the tv.
  • oldrideroldrider Member Posts: 4,934 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    guess I won't be stayin at Motel 6.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    I don't patronize Motel 6, but then again, I don't cook meth either.