In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

GunBroker support

1233412334 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
It looks like they are catching up.

I put in a ticket to view an archived auction on Friday evening. Saturday, it was open for me.

Thanks CaptFun and staff.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Last time I opened a email from GunBroker Support I ended up with a nasty virus. Got another email from GunBroker Support today. Nothing about contacting me on the site so the email is 99% probably another virus attempt. Heads up!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any users have any experience with GunBroker support? Need to update my FFL info cannot get any help, sent a request 2 weeks ago.
  • Options
    WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It usually takes about a month I think.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "chill" [:D][:D]
  • Options
    TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    water at the South Pole moves faster
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gonna need to count to at least 100, 4 isn't nearly high enough......
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In before the lock
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you need to take a number?
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,004 ******
    edited November -1
    I don't have CaptFun to ask anymore, or to persuade to grease a wheel or two, so I am stuck with asking Support for help, same as the rest of you.

Not being critical, just factual, I have lately found Support to be useless. Submit a request and get a FAQ answer that may or may not answer the question. You then have to click past it to submit your problem.

The last few I've sent in have received a response something like this: "The auction you inquired about has ended, so we are closing this request." OR: "Time to process the request has elapsed, so request closed."

I can't believe they are that incompetent or just don't care. I have to believe they are swamped with requests for service, and have to select the ones they think they can help. Sort of a triage situation.

Anyone else?
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know for sure so my post can be taken as pure speculation but I believe they run this place with a very minimal amount of people. I think we'd be shocked to learn how many people are actually employed at GunBroker.com.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D]
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two guys in their mom's basement?[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well thanks for the input, I thought two weeks would have been plenty of time but who knows.
    Sounds like they could use a few more people in the support area for sure.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've actually had great service from the customer support people.

I have a "thing" at least every other week or so and they've helped me handle everything that has come up lately. Friday I got a message saying "my son bid on this gun without my permission" so I had to get support involved to get his bid taken off. I didn't know if that was going to be enough time or not and I was dreading having to relist the gun....but they got it handled the very next day.

1234......on your GB home screen, in the list of categories on the left. Look in the green bar that says MY ACCOUNT section......in that area is a "Account Info" selection. Click on that and it will open a page that has all of your information....the very bottom thing on that page is "FFL Information" and to the right of that is "edit"

I hope this helps.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    I don't have CaptFun to ask anymore, or to persuade to grease a wheel or two, so I am stuck with asking Support for help, same as the rest of you.

Not being critical, just factual, I have lately found Support to be useless. Submit a request and get a FAQ answer that may or may not answer the question. You then have to click past it to submit your problem.

The last few I've sent in have received a response something like this: "The auction you inquired about has ended, so we are closing this request." OR: "Time to process the request has elapsed, so request closed."

I can't believe they are that incompetent or just don't care. I have to believe they are swamped with requests for service, and have to select the ones they think they can help. Sort of a triage situation.

Anyone else?

I had the same thing happen to me. I waited for a month and finally got "Time to process the request has elapsed, so request closed." [:(!]
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn

Anyone else?

I think you nailed it, David.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork

I have a "thing" at least every other week or so and they've helped me handle everything that has come up lately. Friday I got a message saying "my son bid on this gun without my permission" so I had to get support involved to get his bid taken off. I didn't know if that was going to be enough time or not and I was dreading having to relist the gun....but they got it handled the very next day.

1234......on your GB home screen, in the list of categories on the left. Look in the green bar that says MY ACCOUNT section......in that area is a "Account Info" selection. Click on that and it will open a page that has all of your information....the very bottom thing on that page is "FFL Information" and to the right of that is "edit"

I hope this helps.

Thanks, I cannot edit the license number.
    I held a FFL in another state and am trying to update the license number to my current FFL.
    Once the license number has been entered it cannot be changed with out contacting support.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Taken from support page:
    You can update your FFL listing under My GunBroker>Account Information. From the Account Information page, scroll down to FFL Information and click Edit.

Once you update the information, GunBroker.com manually reviews it before updating the information on the site. You cannot make any further changes until the updates are reviewed and posted to the site.

You cannot change your FFL license number. If you need to change your FFL license number, please contact support for assistance.
  • Options
    bird2585bird2585 Member, Testers Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    12334 what is your user name on GB.
  • Options
    dustinfoxdustinfox Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank goodness... I was beginning to wonder if I had been black listed or something. The last three support requests I submitted went ignored and ultimately closed without any response. When I first joined about ten years ago my issues would get resolved in a timely manner. But today, it is almost pointless to even submit a ticket.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    at least the auto censor works correctly....my bad
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great we are going to end up like Sears :) [:0][:0]
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It?s just an observation, but with so many unhappy customers and fewer and fewer listings it could be construed as GB is going down the tube. A good customer support is crucial to happy customers and return business. This is just my observation since the captain disappeared.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Also, they are screwing up BIGLY by thinking "The forums don't make us any money, we shouldn't support them." Everyone with half a brain knows how many guns the people who are on the forums buy!

Ebay attributes their success to the "community" in the early days. There were othere sites that were similar, but the forums there are what made it get huge.

Merc

quote:Originally posted by gjshaw
    It?s just an observation, but with so many unhappy customers and fewer and fewer listings it could be construed as GB is going down the tube. A good customer support is crucial to happy customers and return business. This is just my observation since the captain disappeared.
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I hope this helps.

Kasey, could help that you are somewhere up around the number one seller on their site, I would think that your wheels would get greased first. [:)]
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mercury
    Also, they are screwing up BIGLY by thinking "The forums don't make us any money, we shouldn't support them." Everyone with half a brain knows how many guns the people who are on the forums buy!

Ebay attributes their success to the "community" in the early days. There were othere sites that were similar, but the forums there are what made it get huge.

Merc

This^

quote:Originally posted by gjshaw
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

That explains it.
    Appears if you sell a few thousand guns for them they will answer your questions. Everybody else take a number.
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
    I've actually had great service from the customer support people.That explains it.
    Appears if you sell a few thousand guns for them they will answer your questions. Everybody else take a number.Sadly, that seems to be the case!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    randomnutrandomnut Member Posts: 942 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No luck here either. Filed a report on a NPB, contacted support to remove charges. No luck, no response, no more selling here.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
    I've actually had great service from the customer support people.That explains it.
    Appears if you sell a few thousand guns for them they will answer your questions. Everybody else take a number.Sadly, that seems to be the case!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,004 ******
    edited November -1
    12334, what is your user name on the auction?