In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SCAM

gymratgymrat Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
been looking for another toyo pickup & found one within 90 miles ad on wichita {elsewhere}....responded and had a reply from a so called usaf sgt that was going overseas...also googled pickup lead in cl and found it listed in another town....he wanted to go thru google checkout ?? and i replied no sale....now some one has name, address & cell number but nothing else...sent email to junk box and wondered if i should do anything else for protection...no cc or bank info..just got a step in before bells went off... thanks

Comments

• gymratgymrat Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have found out in the past 7 1/2 months just how lonely and boring gets around here all day. At least before the last surgery I could vacuum and clean and stuff. Now I can't do anything. I was watching tv the other morning and a commercial with a lot of scantily clad, large busted girls were on there wanting people to call them. They said they would talk about anything. I though for a minute and said out loud "Anything". So I called. You know there wasn't a single girl there that knew anything about guns or hunting or fishing or none of that stuff. It was such a rip-off.
    edited November -1
    Got an e-mail from a friend of making me aware of a scam doing the rounds.You get an e-mail asking you to an area code number 809 as someone has an urgent message about a familly member.It turns out the 809 code the british virgin Isles and you get a huge bill.Just thought I would pass in on.
    edited November -1
    Please alert members of this scam. Recived thru gumbroker.com.

Region: West Africa
    Email :nelsonkamara23@yahoo.fr
    Hi Dear,
    Greetings from Ivory Coast; please permit me to inform you my desire of going into a lasting business relationship with you, I thank God for coming across your contact and I believe by God grace you will not disapoint me in any way. My name is, Nelson Kamara, I am the only child and son of Late Chief & Mrs EDWARD KAMARA who his death occurred as a result of assassination.

My late father was a Traditional Ruler and a wealthy Gold Dealer based in Abidjan city, the economical capital of Ivory Coast / Cote d'Ivoire. Before the death of my late Father, he deposited the sum of (Seven Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) $7,500,000 in a Bank here with my name as the next of kin. The money is in the bank were my late father deposited it before his sudden death, and I have the vital documents my late father used in depositing the money in the bank, I decided to run out from our family house with the deposit documents and now residing in a local hotel for safety of my life.

I wish to contact you personally for a lasting business relationship and investment program in your country due to the maltreatment I am receiving from my step mother. She wanted to kill me and take away all my late father treasury and properties from me since the unexpected death of my father. Please I am seeking for your assistance to help me transfer the money to your base for investment purpose; such as Real Estate Investment or Hotel Management.

I am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as compensation for your assistance in transfering the fund to your base for my relocation and investment. Dear, I like honest, trust, truth, caring and respect, and I have all these qualities in me, hope you have all these qualities too? As soon as I receive your reply, I will give you more details about the deposit and my personal details as well to enable us proceed. Anticipating to hearing from you urgently.
    Thanks and God bless you.
    Yours Faithfully,
    Mr. Nelson Kamara
    edited November -1
    Isn't this "general Discussion"? I've already taken it up with the fraud Dept, I was contacted by the Citrus County Sheriffs Dept. in Florida and was told this guy has stole ALOT of money from us honest buyers on GB's
    edited November -1
    I was recently scammed by someone selling an AR on another gunsite. Fortunatly I guessed something was amiss and cancelled the check, but I did recieve a call from the great Falls police department today saying he had my check and the woman involved had turned several in. It appears she was the victim of trusting someone from Nigeria. So as usual, be wary in your dealings. I would like to comment that in general my dealings with selling and buying on gun sites has not been to good in general. I have had one guy back out of a deal on buying a gun of mine after the auction for no reason, this latest scam event and another guy recently sold the gun I bought on line to someone else (probably for more money) even as my cashiers check was on its way to him, he did the check back. I have not found people to be as up front and as honest as I have on car auction web sites which I frequent. Of course I have had many good experiences also from some great folks in the firearm business.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    IBTL
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • torosapotorosapo Member Posts: 4,946
    edited November -1
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please read the posting guidelines.
  • KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    guess what...this ones going to get locked too. why? because this isnt the place to discuss these issues. take it up with auction support. not on the boards...
  • hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    Or you could call Mr. ********* and Mr. ********* and have them go to the guy's house and kick his *********!

Or, you could just observe the Posting Guidelines, as most of the rest of us do.

If this scammer has enough bad feedback, people who pay attention won't buy his stuff.