In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Reading Material

k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Okay, so basically the hunting seasons are just about over, the mountain roads are covered in ice and life is boring now until the break of spring. I was wondering what magazines everyone reads. I get the Rifle Shooter, American Riflman and NA Hunter. I also get Guns & Ammo handed down from my dad plus the Game News. Is there anything out there that someone else may recommend for a hunter or shooter. I 've tried the Outdoor Life and Sports Afield, just not making the grade anymore. Looking for suggestions.

Moose

Comments

• k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1
    I just started reading a book titled Green Witchcraft. So far, it has been very interesting. Has anyone else had anything to do with the good, and helpful side of Wicca?
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • WCIWCI Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Known many and have heard a lot. all in all seems like a group that don't want to harm anyone. And are more about evolving ones self than changing the world. Several of them I consider friends.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,061 ******
    edited November -1
    The few I have known, who claim to be only involved in "white" magick, will admit, privately, that they have also been seduced by the dark side and have done/currently do/will do "black" magick.

I wouldn't touch either side with an 11-foot pole.
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm Wiccan,there is no DARK side to Wiccan.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,858 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Green Witchcraft. Envirowhackos?
    edited November -1
    quote:I'm Wiccan,there is no DARK side to Wiccan.

Maybe you should tell that to the Wiccans I have met.

That's like saying, "I am a Baptist, and all Baptists....(fill in blank here.)
  • sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    to a true wiccan there is no dark,,dark to them is akin to satinism,,you have to remember the main rules to wicca..
    ,do no harm...
    ,anything in life you do,good or bad,,you will get back times three,,
    ,so to do black magic to a true wiccan means you would get back all the bad times 3..
    ,also true GREEN WITCHCRAFT is not Wicca,in Wicca you have god's and goddesses 'THE HORNED GOD AND THE TRIPPLE GODDESS' in the green world you have no deities or single entities ,they dont believe in Mother earth or gods,Greens worship the universe and focuse on Nature, using the energy of herbs and elements.They also have no initiations as you have in Wicca,There are several other differences but this was just the jest to show the difference
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    Now is the time,
    now is the hour,
    I am the magick,
    I am the power.

The Old Ones

" To the Old Ones, Merry Meet and Merry Part and Merry Meet Again." Take a drink of your wine with the words: Flags, Flax, Fodder and Fig This is an old blessing which means: Shelter, Clothes, Food, Love. The 4 F's. And if you follow the God and Goddess, you will find that you always have enough to make your way in life. As the saying goes: The Old Ones Never Let You Starve. Lift up the Athame to the East draw the Banishing Pentagram with these words. Ye guardians of the East; I thank Ye for Attending; Hail and Farewell !!!

We Are Witches All

We sing and dance and hold our rites, We live and love together. We go sky-clad or wear our outer robes If it is chilling weather. About the altar we do dance; We praise The Gods We love and ever do, we give Our thanks to the sun. And moon above, We are The Craft; Love The Craft; We are Witches All. Join us.. In Our Circle For We Are Witches All. Walk into our Circle and feel the love Bound, And Meet The Lord and Lady who guide us in our Rounds; " An' Harm None, Do What Thou Wilt." It is The Wiccan Rede. We fear no foe for love we show, In thought and also Deed. Our words of thanks, our songs of praise, We offer them in pray'r. We sing their praise, we ask their help; We know that they are there.

yeah, I seen the craft too........
  • Nurse DebbieNurse Debbie Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is no such thing as a "witch, warlock, wizard" or any other name they care to call themselves by. Anyone who claims to be one of these IMHO have a few mental issues and are in dire need of counseling.

If any "witches, warlocks, or wizards" wish to cast a spell onto me feel free to do so. LOL. I guess next someone will try and claim that they see ghost.
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Nurse Debbie
    There is no such thing as a "witch, warlock, wizard" or any other name they care to call themselves by. Anyone who claims to be one of these IMHO have a few mental issues and are in dire need of counseling.

If any "witches, warlocks, or wizards" wish to cast a spell onto me feel free to do so. LOL. I guess next someone will try and claim that they see ghost.
    boo!
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [quote Has anyone else had anything to do with the good, and helpful side of Wicca?
    [/quote]

No such thing exist in my world...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sharpshooter039
    to a true wiccan there is no dark,,dark to them is akin to satinism,,you have to remember the main rules to wicca..
    ,do no harm...
    ,so to do black magic to a true wiccan means you would get back all the bad times 3..
    ,also true GREEN WITCHCRAFT is not Wicca,in Wicca you have god's and goddesses 'THE HORNED GOD AND THE TRIPPLE GODDESS' in the green world you have no deities or single entities ,they dont believe in Mother earth or gods,Greens worship the universe and focuse on Nature, using the energy of herbs and elements.They also have no initiations as you have in Wicca,There are several other differences but this was just the jest to show the difference

wicca is good for making one very bored...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Todesengel
    Now is the time,
    now is the hour,
    I am the magick,
    I am the power.

The Old Ones

" To the Old Ones, Merry Meet and Merry Part and Merry Meet Again." Take a drink of your wine with the words: Flags, Flax, Fodder and Fig This is an old blessing which means: Shelter, Clothes, Food, Love. The 4 F's. And if you follow the God and Goddess, you will find that you always have enough to make your way in life. As the saying goes: The Old Ones Never Let You Starve. Lift up the Athame to the East draw the Banishing Pentagram with these words. Ye guardians of the East; I thank Ye for Attending; Hail and Farewell !!!

We Are Witches All

We sing and dance and hold our rites, We live and love together. We go sky-clad or wear our outer robes If it is chilling weather. About the altar we do dance; We praise The Gods We love and ever do, we give Our thanks to the sun. And moon above, We are The Craft; Love The Craft; We are Witches All. Join us.. In Our Circle For We Are Witches All. Walk into our Circle and feel the love Bound, And Meet The Lord and Lady who guide us in our Rounds; " An' Harm None, Do What Thou Wilt." It is The Wiccan Rede. We fear no foe for love we show, In thought and also Deed. Our words of thanks, our songs of praise, We offer them in pray'r. We sing their praise, we ask their help; We know that they are there.

yeah, I seen the craft too........

Sounds like someone wants to be a rockstar
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1

I agree, anyone claiming otherwise, is BSing themselves, as well as anyone who will listen to them.
    edited November -1
    quote:There is no such thing as a "witch, warlock, wizard" or any other name they care to call themselves by. Anyone who claims to be one of these IMHO have a few mental issues and are in dire need of counseling.

I agree but then I also think the same thing of priest,pastors and preachers,all of them are just passing along man made superstitions out of books that were written and comprised by man.

quote:I agree, anyone claiming otherwise, is BSing themselves, as well as anyone who will listen to them

again I agree ,just like anyone would listen to Jim Jones,David Koresh,Joseph Smith,Sun Myung Moon ,L. Ron Hubbard ,Jerry Falwell,John Wesley,Batsell Baxter,Billy Graham or any other preacher who says he talks to GOD and God talks back,
    edited November -1
    I get the impression that followers of the craft think of themselves as practitioners. Not witches, per se.
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    quote:There is no such thing as a "witch, warlock, wizard" or any other name they care to call themselves by. Anyone who claims to be one of these IMHO have a few mental issues and are in dire need of counseling.

I agree but then I also think the same thing of priest,pastors and preachers,all of them are just passing along man made superstitions out of books that were written and comprised by man.

quote:I agree, anyone claiming otherwise, is BSing themselves, as well as anyone who will listen to them

again I agree ,just like anyone would listen to Jim Jones,David Koresh,Joseph Smith,Sun Myung Moon ,L. Ron Hubbard ,Jerry Falwell,John Wesley,Batsell Baxter,Billy Graham? or any other preacher who says he talks to GOD and God talks back,

Please, Show me where Billy said He talked to God and God talked back. I have never heard of this before.
    edited November -1
    Prayer is simply a two-way conversation between you and God.
    Billy Graham
    that was something he said alot,I think I can also remember him saying God told him to start his church but to be honest I will have to look that one up to be sure,Not knocking him as a man,he did worlds of good,I just do not believe in his ministry any more than I would believe in any other self proclaimed man of God.I can not believe the Statement of faith his church is built on..

The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association believes:

The Bible to be the infallible Word of God, that it is His holy and inspired Word, and that it is of supreme and final authority.
    ok which bible,which version,standard,king james there are over 300 different versions of the christian bible ,,,this happens when a book is written/edited by man to control other men
    In one God, eternally existing in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
    just cant get behind that one at all,how did jesus ascend to heaven to sit at the right hand of the father if he was the father,the whole concept of the holy trinity is a man made thing so christians can explain why they are breaking the 10 commandments,,if you are a Christian you worship Christ not God Jehova or Yahwa or whatever other name you call him by.so right from the start the first commandment is gone
    *Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary. He led a sinless life, took on Himself all our sins, died and rose again, and is seated at the right hand of the Father as our mediator and advocate.
    he was a man,your not going to tell me he never had sex,he drank wine,your not going to tell me he was never drunk,why did God need a 12yr old girl to birth his son,he is God,,if he needs a mans body on the earth he can create one just as he did Adam,,and agin he just blew the whole trinity thing,how is he sitting at the right hand of himself mediating and advocating to himself
    That all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, and need to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ through His shed blood on the cross.
    ,again I just can not believe a loving father/god would comdem his children to hell just because they were of another religion,I mean what if you were born in a non-christian country and never heard of christ,you are condemed because God caused you to be born in the wrong place to the wrong parents [:(]
    That Christ rose from the dead and is coming soon.
    ,he has been returning soon for the last 2000yrs,why is it no one see's God or Angels anymore,the only time anyone claimed to see them was back before people even knew the world was round and some people still thought a dragon lit the sun everyday,superstition is a powerful thing
    In holy Christian living, and that we must have concern for the hurts and social needs of our fellowmen.
    ,I actually agree with this one except where it says Christian Living,it sould say in all of mankind no matter what religion
    We must dedicate ourselves anew to the service of our Lord and to His authority over our lives.

,I agree with this one too,the service of God,Not the service of a little black book the Romans comprised as a way to hold the kingdom together,we laugh at people that tell their flock they are the reincarnation of Jesus or was sent by God in todays world,why would we believe someone that said the same thing hundred of years ago,,God told me to write this so put it in your bible,it makes just about as much sence as L Ron Hubbard writting a book and people turning it into a religion
    In using every modern means of communication available to us to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ throughout the world.

sorry, K_townman for running over your post,I am through ranting now
  • PTHEIMPTHEIM Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Nurse Debbie LOL. I guess next someone will try and claim that they see ghost.

Since you're new-ish - There have been many a member here on GB that have seen/felt ghosts.
    You don't want to believe, that fine. But respect those that do.

My ex-mother in law regularly chats w/as many as four 'spiritsd' that dwell w/the family. Currently none are harmful. There was one at one time and 'he' has been chased off. I've smelled these 'spirits' and noticed when their pets have been in those 'spirits' company.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    ,do no harm...

If there are no nekkid chix, I'll be moving along.

Doug
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PTHEIM
    quote:Originally posted by Nurse Debbie LOL. I guess next someone will try and claim that they see ghost.

Since you're new-ish - There have been many a member here on GB that have seen/felt ghosts.
    You don't want to believe, that fine. But respect those that do.

My ex-mother in law regularly chats w/as many as four 'spiritsd' that dwell w/the family. Currently none are harmful. There was one at one time and 'he' has been chased off. I've smelled these 'spirits' and noticed when their pets have been in those 'spirits' company.

Yes. There are powers and energies that continue after mortal life has ceased. Call them what you will. Spirits, entities, ghosts. They are as real as you or I.
    edited November -1
    One of the things that attracts me to Green Withcraft is that there is no central organization with leadership. Each practitioner worships and uses the power of nature, and the substances found in nature, to help themselves and others. There are so many powers and wonders in this world of ours. Many of these things are shunned or banned by many 'religious' organizations because of their narrow and distorted views.
    edited November -1
    K_townman,
    .Green Witchcraft is very close to what almost all of the native american indians practiced,alot of people say they were wiccan but they were not,they did not have covens and follow a organized leadership other than maybe the medicine man but that was what he was doing,using plants,herbs and prayer to heal.people hear the word WITCHand go nuts where in most cases you could use the word preacher just as easy and no one would even think about it,Modern literature and the Catholic Church have revised the word to mean something totally different than as what it started,"as we do alot of words now ",just think of the witch trials and burnings for using the bark of a tree to break a fever instead of using the Bible
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If all religions adopted their motto "Do no harm" the world would be a better place, but that's just my opinion Dave.
    I'm sure others prefer to do harm.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nah I did watch the Good witch of the North on Wizard of Oz though
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brier-49
    I'm Wiccan,there is no DARK side to Wiccan.

[:0][:0][:0][:0][:0]
    edited November -1

You don't seem to know much, for a nurse. There are many practitioners of the old arts. These beliefs and practices are nearly as old as earth itself. These good folks are just as real as you or I.
    Please don't invite unneeded trouble upon yourself. Making a frivolous statement about spell casting, is just asking for trouble. As with all things, there are those who have turned to the dark arts. As I have said, there are powers and energies that surround us. No one completely understands them. I do know that they should not be taken lightly. Evil is very real.
    edited November -1
    i believe there is much more then meets the eye in this world and beyond it, and anyone who says they know all the secrets, or create magical gods for themselves to channel power or whatever it is they do are fools trying to make themselves feel alittle less lonely inside they're own heads.

The jewish god teaches morality and justice, and if you fail you suffer.. "Some thing about job pissed god off." but you have too let him in too get the dogma that comes with it. which is strange, if you think about it.

You dont need gods, or a god or anything else to be majik. All you need is alittle dano too in your soul.[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    quote:Originally posted by k_townman

You don't seem to know much, for a nurse. There are many practitioners of the old arts. These beliefs and practices are nearly as old as earth itself. These good folks are just as real as you or I.
    Please don't invite unneeded trouble upon yourself. Making a frivolous statement about spell casting, is just asking for trouble. As with all things, there are those who have turned to the dark arts. As I have said, there are powers and energies that surround us. No one completely understands them. I do know that they should not be taken lightly. Evil is very real.

Romans 8: 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Of course evil is real; but it is neither infinite, nor eternal.

No matter how bright the light may appear now, you are pursuing a course that will be dark soon enough.

I think.

You are the one that has set themselves upon a path to disappointment. If, and when you are faced with a black demon from the nether regions this entity will turn your fancy book full of frilly words into confetti and stuff it down your throat.
    Only those who know how to use the powers of nature and the universe, would be able to help you. I feel sorry for you.
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    "This certainly explains a lot."

The understatement of the month.

I think.

How sad it is that you place your trust and faith in an outdated book, that was written by mortal men. The bible was for the jews. It never was intended to be used by protestant christians. It does not even apply to you. Where in the bible does it mention anything about people on the north american continent? You are living in the midst of deception. I am concerned about you, my friend.
    edited November -1
    I was asked to unlock, but I will not. I see expressions of faith stated as fact, a no-no.