In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How's this type of thing possible?

MRBEANMRBEAN Member Posts: 562 ✭✭✭
edited April 2005 in General Discussion
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?item=31514824

I've been told there is little mark up on firearms. So, assuming the info is true(NIB, lifetime warranty, etc.), is this just an insanely good price or what?

bean.gifTo the rich, everything is a neccessity. To the poor, everything is a luxury

Comments

• Options
    Tommy_2_pocketsTommy_2_pockets Member Posts: 288 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Uh, dude, $275 is quite a bit for a pair of paperweights.

If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. If you can't pick it up, paint it.
  • Options
    shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    there hi points [xx(]

Sportsman's Team Challenge
    http://sportsmansteamchallenge.com/links.html

"Go over,go under,go around,or go through.But never give up."
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Cheap unreliable junk.

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is a pile of money for bookmarks too fat to go in the books!
  • Options
    squeeegsqueeeg Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi points are cheap guns to buy. People on this board don't seem to like them but my local gun shop claims they are a great gun for the money. and yes they have a lifetime warrenty so if you buy one used or new and it breaks you just send it in and they fix it.
  • Options
    BittersweatBittersweat Member Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the're still in business..... [:D]
  • Options
    BittersweatBittersweat Member Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kel-Tec P11 is a 9mm, inexpensive pistol with a great reputation.
  • Options
    cruzie27cruzie27 Member Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i don know what to think of hi-points,.. i never handled them,... i have however purchased firearms from this particular seller,.. i have never had any problems with him and he is always willing to help with any problems

th_P1010032.jpg
  • Options
    MRBEANMRBEAN Member Posts: 562 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bittersweat, ya got a link to that or their main page? Thanks

bean.gifTo the rich, everything is a neccessity. To the poor, everything is a luxury
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,009 ******
    edited November -1
    Those guns cost under a C-note a copy, wholesale. That's how.

Lifetime warranty? That is a pretty safe thing to offer. First, very few owners will shoot these guns enough to break them. Second, if they do, very few will go to the trouble to return them to the factory. For those who do return them, the company is out about $30 for a replacement.

I firmly believe that the vast majority of Hi-Points end up being confiscated by the police and destroyed. Again, a bonus for the company. No warranty service.

Wrap your paw around a junker like this, and the other paw around a really good gun and you will see the difference. Run over the Hi-Point with a magnet. There isn't much steel there. Take it to the range and compare it with a good gun. The final test will come when you are tired of/disappointed with/embarrassed by your Hi-Point, and you take it to the friendly gun store to trade it in. IF the dealer will even consider trading for it, you will be VERY LUCKY indeed to get $40-50 for it.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net