In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

put a deposit down tonight

rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
edited September 2005 in General Discussion
Well, I went and put a deposit down on a 2006 Harley Street Bob. Should pick it up in a few weeks. Can't wait to get it on the road!!!

Some of the differences this year include a 6 speed tranny, mini ape hangers(they're only about 13 inches I think), beefed up fron forks, thicker front axle(1"), thicker frame, and better engine mounting to the frame. The key switch is at the forks. It's standard Fuel Injected too.

It feels like a low rider, so for my short legs, it's perfect[:D][:D]

Here's the color I am getting. Deep Cobalt Blue. Not a bad bike for $13,125 if you ask me

w_dyfxdb_sse_dom_c07-DpCbt.jpg

jumpmaster.bmp

Comments

• Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Is there a "Men's" model?

Just kiddin, wanted to say that twice in one day...

Great looking bike. Congrats, and keep the rubber side down.

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    for 13 grand it should have a BMW emblemon the side, come with four wheels or have the blond on the back as part of the package.

When can I take it for a spin. [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Midlife crisis, going bald?

Just kidding. Looks like a nice bike but for that money, the Jap bikes have everything except air conditioning.

wings2.gif
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yeah, but for $8,000 you coulda had this. 2005 suzuki sv1000s. top speed of 170 mph. around 400 lbs. dry weight, capable of 1/2 mile long stand up wheelies in third gear at 120 mph, and comes standard with every college chic in your town begging to go for a ride...

100_0495.jpg

just messing with you. nice ride you picked up. enjoy and be safe. don't forget to wave at us sportbikers.

***____________________________________________
    39 and counting.... deer that is.......***
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    but...its a harley![:p] be safe.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,008 ******
    edited November -1
    I thought it took closer to $20G to buy a F-bike. $13G sounds more like a Sporty price.

FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
  • Options
    rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    The Sportster definately needed a 6 speed tranny. The ones I've ridden were all 5 speeds and they ran out of gear way too fast, lol.

edited November -1
    Anticipation................[:p][:p][:p]
    Nice looking scoot you gonna have there.
    I'd be chomping at the bit to get it home.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    Joe DreesJoe Drees Member Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Triumph Thruxton for me........

best days of my life were when I had an Italian motorcycle,
    an Asian girlfriend,
    and an American truck.

Now I have a fat asian wife, a mini van, and a bare spot in the garage......

Just kidding sweety !

joe
  • Options
    edcr250edcr250 Member Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nice bike, twice as good as any jap or euro bike!
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice bike man. I think it looks great.
  • Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice bike, does your husband ride too.........Just Kiddin'[;)]

I have to agree with Quikdraw, you could've had an M16A1 dude! Full on Select-Fire with four pin selector switch. You wanna' talk about college girls gettin' their panties in a ruffle, WWHHHHHOOOOOWWWHHHHEEEE! There's nothing like letting a 40 round clip go in under 3 seconds, except maybe riding that bike on a Sunday in October through Vermont. Congrats! Enjoy and wear your helmet. Be safe!

Consistency is the final refuge of the unimaginative
  • Options
    plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    quote:Is there a "Men's" model?

Now that was just mean. But funny[:D]

Helmet PLEASE. Working on two files now where the riders were too cool to wear a helmet and are in comas, may they RIP, in the meantime the families suffer.

My friend is one... who takes me for what I am.
    Henry David Thoreau

"If you do not allow yourself to find a positive way to get through the difficult times, you will become bitter. If you stay bitter, you do not get better." -- Joan Brock
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,008 ******
    edited November -1
    Helmets are fine, but they are not magic. I can email you some pictures, that once showed up here, of a poor biker who was wearing a helmet, and full leathers, and high-dollar motorcycle boots. Without a doubt, his casket was left closed at his funeral.

There is no substitute for caution. Ride conservatively. Ride carefully. Ride as though you are invisible.

FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net