In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Emergency Word Replacement

p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
Since retard has been removed from the list of approved useable nouns on this forum here's a few others that may bear consideration for use;

1. (noun) idiot, imbecile, cretin, moron, changeling, half-wit,
doofus, dimwit, and slack-jawed yokel.

Note this list is not complete and there are others in foreign languages too, but this should be enough to tide everyone over.

With the election coming in November, you cannot afford to be short of accurate terminology.
[:p][}:)]

Comments

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,004 ******
    edited November -1
    At the risk of being accused of having a "religious" discussion, I will point out that there is a Biblical admonition in Matthew 5:22, against calling someone a fool, or dim-witted.

"Retard" is a word that I am not allowed to use as a noun to describe a person who may or may not be mentally slow. It is offensive to those who are so challenged and to their loved ones.

How simple can I make it? It's an offensive word. Please don't use it.

Look on the main forum page and you will find in the description of the General Discussion forum the advice: "Be nice." So, be nice.

It really isn't all that hard.