In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

First facts on Wyatt's story, more to come.

dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
Email from the Judge with names and places removed. I promised Wyatt I would post the results, and here is email 1 from the Judge. I don't believe Wyatt lied about anything, I believe he was retelling what he was told and believed it, but this is a warning to all of us to be careful what we repeat, especially when it involves the sexual assault of a minor.

Never heard of such a thing. I believe Officer xxxxx left the City due to a personality conflict with the Chief of Police, and he had a job offer making more money. The charges would not have been filed in my Court anyway. You can contact the City of xxxxx for more information.

xxxxx xxxxx

xxxxx Co. Judge

Telephone: xxx-xxx-xxxx
Facsimile: xxx-xxx-xxxx

Comments

• Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sadly, some will be satisfied; others will smell the stench of a deeper conspiracy and cover-up!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    Sadly, some will be satisfied; others will smell the stench of a deeper conspiracy and cover-up!

Can't wait to read what the Texas Rangers say about it.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,486 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

How true, Old-Colts.

Hoping for the best, I tried the telephone number.

I doesn't work.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley
    Sadly, some will be satisfied; others will smell the stench of a deeper conspiracy and cover-up!Can't wait to read what the Texas Rangers say about it.You got the Baseball Team involved [?] [:0][:I][:o)][;)][}:)][:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Sadly, some will be satisfied; others will smell the stench of a deeper conspiracy and cover-up!How true, Old-Colts.

Hoping for the best, I tried the telephone number.

I doesn't work.Were you dialing the "-" [?]

• Options
    edited November -1
    Sadly, some will be satisfied; others will smell the stench of a deeper conspiracy and cover-up!Can't wait to read what the Texas Rangers say about it.You got the Baseball Team involved [?] [:0][:I][:o)][;)][}:)][:D]

Well, I guess I could, but the big boys at the Rangers investigate coverups and bad cops all of the time, so they will find out if there is any conspiracy.

Like I said, I figure Wyatt believed what he posted when he posted it, and probably didn't understand why most of us didn't.

My only deep concern is that no minor child was sexually assaulted and the perp got away with it just because he was a cop.

Small town or large town, I don't believe any Chief, city, or citizen would allow that to happen here in Texas. Wyatt believes I'm worng.
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Duffner beat els in a playoff
    Love me some drama
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    On a serious note, some of the things posted here on the forums are truly amazing. It's as if the poster can't wait to be the first to post about some earth shattering event; so truth or proof be damned; if they wait, someone else might post it first! And, obviously, in some cases, there are agendas involved, so anything that sounds like it supports a particular point of view gets posted; again, it doesn't matter if it is proven, factual, or reliable information!

From a forum perspective, I don't know if this particular event should have escalated to the point it did; not my call.

• Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
  • Options
    1880texan1880texan Member Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Things happen in small towns and when it deals with big shots or city officials lots of times it gets hushed up.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    From a forum perspective, I don't know if this particular event should have escalated to the point it did; not my call.

It shouldn't have, but with a minor involved, it could have been resolved easily with a check for facts at the first request instead of Watergate type of cover up.

If someone sexually assaults a minor, and I know about it, I'm going to do everything I can to see them in jail for a long, long time. Not laugh about it or excuse it because they were a cop.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1880texan
    Things happen in small towns and when it deals with big shots or city officials lots of times it gets hushed up.

Taht is why we are checking.
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A quote comes to mind:

"All that it necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    -Edmund Burke
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    Nice damage control. I don't believe you were inspired by a desire to champion any victim. You wanted to bust Wyatt's chops and knowing some of his personality you succeedded in pressing the right buttons often enough. Congratulations. Moderator

edited for spelling
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also attempted to make contact at the telephone number listed and got no response either! If it was ever in service, taint no longer. [V] [:(] [:(!]

Telephone: xxx-xxx-xxxx

I dialed only the ten digits listed and no one answered! [:0] [8] [B)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by skicat
    Nice damage control. I don't believe you were inspired by a desire to champion any victim. You wanted to bust Wyatt's chops and knowing some of his personality you succeedded in pressing the right buttons often enough. Congratulations. Moderator

edited for spelling

I don't care what you believe, but I will promise you this, I will always defend the kids first, and I was sickened by those of you who thought it was a funny story about a guy sexually assaulting a minor and getting away with it. What real men and defends of children we have here.

The emails were sent specifically requesting the investigation on whether a minor was assaulted. Hummmmmm, wonder why.
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1

edited for spelling

I don't care what you believe, but I will promise you this, I will always defend the kids first, and I was sickened by those of you who thought it was a funny story about a guy sexually assaulting a minor and getting away with it. What real men and defends of children we have here.

The emails were sent specifically requesting the investigation on whether a minor was assaulted. Hummmmmm, wonder why.

Ironic. Isn't that what Wyatt said?

I find it laughable that you consider bothering adults at their place of employment over an internet story to be a real help to anyone. I know from other posts you do try and help people when you can in your own community but on this one nope. After Wyatt got himself out on a limb it was just too much fun cutting it off.
  • Options
    Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1880texan

Taht is why we are checking.

WOW! You must be really well connected in law-enforcement. Hope you don't have to get the governor or some G-men involved.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1

edited for spelling

Ironic. Isn't that what Wyatt said?

I find it laughable that you consider bothering adults at their place of employment over an internet story to be a real help to anyone. I know from other posts you do try and help people when you can in your own community but on this one nope. After Wyatt got himself out on a limb it was just too much fun cutting it off.
    I call an X-ring.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just keep it up....
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love this place....Wyatt is the subject of this thread ...by a MOD no less ...unreal....and the thread continues...reloader44mag ...just shakes his head..WAJ[V]
  • Options
    we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I could care less either way, but I dont see what was gained by posting the story in the first place....[V]
  • Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i don't see where that email proves anything , the judge states
    Never heard of such a thing
    The charges would not have been filed in my Court anyway
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    heff or ANY MOD AT THIS POINT... is Wyatt Earp locked out right now?...and if he is, why are we talking/post about him?
  • Options
    we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    heff or ANY MOD AT THIS POINT... is Wyatt Earp locked out right now?...and if he is, why are we talking/post about him?

There is a lock by his name.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by redhawkk480
    i don't see where that email proves anything , the judge states
    Never heard of such a thing
    The charges would not have been filed in my Court anyway

There is a very old joke about this.

Do you know why they don't make toilet paper in Texas?...
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag

+1

many threads have been locked because the the topic about he poster who "is not here to defend themselves"
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,008 ******
    edited November -1
    Enough is enough.

I first heard this story about a Russellville, Arkansas police officer in 1975. I have heard it many times since. It is never true.