In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

here is a great oportunity for a new SIG 556

scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
This is the folding colapsing stock with the classic forguard. the old style lower that accepts AR accessories. I paid 500 more than his buy it now price for my rifle and the only difference was I got the bipod front pistol grip and a soft case with mine. this is the best deal I have ever seen on one of these rifles and I am tempted to buy it as an investment (I still believe OBAMA with reinstate AWB or worse) anyway, check it out.
I have no affiliation with this seller and present the ad to you as a service only.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=130355176

Comments

• Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    someone bought it for 1050,,,what does that tell you about the market for AR rifles?
  • Options
    boogerbooger Member Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I looked at your topic and the auction VERY closely yesterday and almost bid. It was a real bargain and I don't think you'll see another one go that low again. The market has changed a bit, but I think that SIG was a fluke. I hope not 'cause I might get the next one.

edit: - oh yeah thanks for posting, if you find any more post those too.

You mentioned "old style" lower, I didn't know they changed. Can anyone elaborate?
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought about it too.
    If it was "local" I would have snatched it up at that price.
  • Options
    ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    My son recently bought the same model from a Gander Mtn. for $1000. My guess [?] is that the Sigs just aren't moving as fast as the other AR platforms are.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only thing I've been disappointed in with my SiG-556's is the accuracy ... compared to my AR's and AUG, its more on par with my HK-93.

On the "up" side, they run cleaner than the AR & HK-93, and have a much better stock trigger, no AR "sproing" and the muzzle rise is almost non-existent, its more of a push back than up.

Out of the 3 556's I have, any of them will occasionally shoot a 1" group, but fliers abound, for no apparent reason. I've shot many different ammo types from 55 to 75 grain, both factory ammo and handloads ... I just don't get it, the SiG is typically around 2" while all my AR's will consistently shoot sub-moa with quality ammo.

I don't know if vibration from the piston causes fliers or what, but it's strange that my SBR is more accurate than the 16" carbines even out to 150 yards. gruebel.gif
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.