In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

HOW MANY OF YOU ARE GOING TO A...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited November 2003 in General Discussion
Party tonight?.....

Last night before I started the silly alphabet post, I had just finished making two large pans of a dessert for a party tonight that Classic and I are going to....Its an auction with a party afterwards...
I know it will be fun, with everyone bringing something to eat and I know there will be a lot of colorful food...it is Halloween after all...
My dessert?....wickedly rich, loaded with calories and food for the gods....
So how many of you are going to a party?...how many of you are staying home and giving out candy?...That is so much fun to see the little kids dressed up.....

image.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion

Comments

• Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    If the wife feels like it, we'll be going to a get together and playing cards til late...[;)]

colt_gun_in_hand_spinning_lg_clr.gif
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Taking the litle ones trick or treating then to a kid's party.Yeah boy!

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Sad night around here. Wife and I had a Hungarian Vizla (105-pounds)that loved kiddos. Deb dressed him up with a clown face and clown ruff around his neck. All you had to do was say "trick or treat" and he would knock you down to get to the door and lick the kids.

15-years old when he passed, long life for a dog that big. Owned pups all my life, never seen a more friendly/gentle dog. But, he did defend his home, never barked, just stood at the door and showed his teeth when he heard or smelled something he didn't like.

Sorry for rambling, just an empty spot around here.
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im going to dress up like a Police man and drive around like crazy all night.Sure do hope it goes better than last yr.

Happy Halloween!!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • 4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    rugster--that is a good one and true at the same time[:D]I wish you a safe night.

"bbroygbvgw"
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    outdoortexas..
    Never apologise for rambling about a pet...not to me...they are special and each one has its own personality...

Our baby(cat) it truly a nutcase.. have a rocker in the living room which she hides behind and then runs out in front of me and jumps...so all you see is the ball of fur with its front paws outstretched and up... and yes she lands on you...unless she sees that what she is going to land on its not clothed.(yes she tells the diff)...then she hits the floor...Once she jumps on you ..then you have to wrestle her to the floor scratching her tummy...She loves to play hide and seek too...but her style.

You have to hide behind something, she walks up pretending all the time she doesnt know where you are.....you jump out, scare her and she takes off like a bat outta he**....then she does it to you...when she scares you...you better run otherwise she gets that disappointed look on her face and I swear she says well you can go to he** and walks off...
    Any story about pets is welcomed on my posts...they give so much and ask so little...

image.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, the little woman is working - so Abby and I'll be going out to party with some other daycare kids, then stop by some friends houses ... Who knows, we might even get home before the little woman does [:p]

PA310031.JPG

===========================
    Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]

kimberkid@cox.net
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    What a sweetheart....give her a hug for me....you know the wife might be a bit jealous of your activies ...after all she is missing all the fun...[}:)]
    be safe you guys...but most of all...Have fun..

image.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • firechieffirechief Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The wife will take the young one trick or treating while I work at the haunted bridge for the fire dept. Last year we only had 1 pee their pants and our goal this year is 5. We have people come from miles away so we must be doing something right. Hope everyone has a fun and safe night.

First ones in, Last ones out.
    Firechief
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    Kimber Kid - You are rich! What a little doll!

Tonight? Oh, I'll be lying on one elbow, drinking unalcoholic cider and enjoying whatever special fare awaits on TV, plus looking for a chance to find out what became of Faith, Bosco, and the others on THIRD WATCH. (HAVE THEY SHOWN HOW THE SHOOT-OUT ENDED UP?) An' you know somethin, I prefer that to a party. It's going to ground after the workday, and that's fine with me.
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The parties will all be over before I'm off the road for work tonight. Art Bell will be coming through the AM dial on my radio to keep me company though. I bought cider last night. Maybe I'll heat some up and put it in the thermos for the trip.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,950 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dinner and a movie for us. Nice Quiet evening.

My heros have always killed cowboys.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No party, and have not had a trick or treat'r come here for years. Not enough houses close enough together to make it worth it for the kids. (if you know what I mean)

When my kids were small enough to still do it. I would take them to town, to the big apartment buildings, (at their request) so they can get the most bang for their buck. [:D]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimberkid
    Well, the little woman is working - so Abby and I'll be going out to party with some other daycare kids, then stop by some friends houses ... Who knows, we might even get home before the little woman does [:p]

PA310031.JPG

kimberkid@cox.net

Kimberkid,

Everytime you post a picture of Abby, my heart melts. She is the cutest little girl I've ever seen. I finally got a girl in the family with my new grand-daughter. Now, I get to figure out how to spoil a little girl. Any tips would be app[:D]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I am sitting here with my cat Zed and he is yelling for all he is worth to go outside. I try to keep pets in on Halloween to prevent anything happening to them. Do they appreciate that? NO NO NO. He loves to smell car and truck bumpers. I don't know why. This is the only cat I have ever seen that does not want to sit on a warm car. I consider this to be a good thing as I hate wiping off paw prints. Do you give your cats multiple names. Zed gets called Zedley, which has become Zedley Do-Right and often Zedley Do-Wrong.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Just a real quiet night at home for me...wife has the kids out.I get the computer[}:)]alone for a while....
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dheffley
    Thanks ... as you might guess, our lives pretty much revolve around Abby ... my older children find it "kinda weird" that we take her everywhere we go ... that goes to daycar just for socialization with other kids and adults 3 afternoons a week, other than that she's never known another "babysitter" ... We go to visit but she doesn't get dumped at grandma's and grandpa's ... sometimse we change our plans if she's tired or grumpy and a couple times have had to leave movies and restraunts sooner than we'd like, because neither myself or my wife will force others to listen to a screaming/whiney child.

As for "tips" ... It's ok to spoil them, but stop just before "spoiled rotten" ...

kimberkid@cox.net
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.