In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cool toy from Magpul-Texas Flashlight

shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
I first saw this today but see that the video is 3 years old. Too bad this didn't go into production, it is cool as heck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D99NHb6B03s

Comments

• Options
    NiccoHelNiccoHel Member Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, isn't that the one that "Will"(?), from Sons of Guns, used as inspiration when he "invented" a flashlight/mac11?

I definitely like the Magpul one better.
  • Options
    jeffb1911jeffb1911 Member Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Solomon was right, there is nothing new under the sun! Eugene Stoner reportedly while at Aries Defense had something like this not long after the M16 came out. It was even used in one of the RoboCop movies IIRC.
  • Options
    NiccoHelNiccoHel Member Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jeffb1911
    Solomon was right, there is nothing new under the sun! Eugene Stoner reportedly while at Aries Defense had something like this not long after the M16 came out. It was even used in one of the RoboCop movies IIRC.

Something very similar at least.

gunab9.jpg
  • Options
    camodudecamodude Member Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NiccoHel
    Yeah, isn't that the one that "Will"(?), from Sons of Guns, used as inspiration when he "invented" a flashlight/mac11?

I definitely like the Magpul one better.

Yep![^]
  • Options
    txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like two of em!
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are all rip offs of the Mattel toy produced in the 60's. Bastids couldn't even come up with something original. Had to go plagiarizing toys. [:D]
  • Options
    m88.358winm88.358win Member Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a ZeroM radio rifle and pen when I was a kid as well as some other spy stuff ... don't have a clue as to what happened to any of it but we moved around quite a bit back then so who knows.
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.