In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Question for FFL holders.

maggiethecatmaggiethecat Member Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2002 in General Discussion
if you want to sell one of your personal guns, kept at home, not in the store, not on the books in the store,bought before you had FFL, do you have to do it on a yellow sheet? just curious.

The greatest happiness is to see your enemy scattered before you, to see his village in ashes, and to gather to your bed his wives and daughters.-Genghis Khan 1226

Comments

• Options
    maggiethecatmaggiethecat Member Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know this has been gone over before,
    I just copied the next paragraph from a ruger manual.

The Federal Gun Control Act, as well as the laws of most States and localities, do
    not prohibit an individual (who is not otherwise barred from purchasing or
    possessing a firearm) from shipping a firearm directly to the manufacturer for
    repair. However, before shipping your firearm to us, be certain that your State or
    locality does not have a law or regulation which will prohibit you from receiving
    it from us after it has been repaired. If such receiving is prohibited, then please
    have a Federally Licensed Firearms dealer ship the gun to us. If your gun is sent
    to us by a dealer, it will be returned to him after being repaired. If a handgun
    (pistol or revolver) is shipped by an individual who does not hold a Federal
    Firearms License, it must be shipped via U.P.S. (Next Day Air) Persons who do
    not hold a Federal Firearms License are prohibited by Federal law from shipping
    a handgun by mail. Handguns mailed in violation of the law are impounded by
    the Post Office.

Am I correct in understanding that Pistols can not be sent through the Post office unless the sender has a FFL? "As an example a private individual sending a pistol to the mfg for repair"
    I thought using the USPS was an ok option.

Bad spellers of the world

"UNTIE!"
  • Options
    PelicanPelican Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NOPE!

The Almighty Himself Entrusted the Future of All Living Creatures to a Wooden Boat.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -"Audemus jura nostra defendere"