In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Have any of you seen The Book of Mormon

austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,971 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in General Discussion
Wifey and my daughter saw it this winter when they were in New York and they both thought it was hilarious. So, when tickets went on sale here I got two for tonight. Should be a good time.

Comments

• Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    no, but my folks used to read it to us, at home study nite, when I was a child.
  • Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    i miss read your title and i said to myself never will i read that
    i thought you said the book of morons[:0][:D][:D]
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Waiting for the movie.
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Not into musical theater, but it's been discussed on talk radio around here. Lots of Mormons in Arizona.

A satirical musical stage play by the same two guys that created "South Park" and "Team America". I know some folks where I work that were seriously bent out of shape about it. Hardly surprising, those guys live to offend as many people as they possibly can, all the time every time.

In a humorous way of course. [:o)]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Mormon_%28musical%29
  • Options
    HWT FIREARMSHWT FIREARMS Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't seen the play (and probably never will) but I LOVE the book
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Robert Duvall didn't think very highly of it.
  • Options
    calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    From what I heard, the Mormon church actually paid for an ad in the program that said "Now that you've seen the play, why don't you read the book."

I would imagine it opened up doors for the missionaries as well. I am sure people had questions or allowed the missionaries in and then had things clarified for them.

As for Mormons that get bent out of shape, I think they are wound too tight.

The only thing that surprises me is that they were allowed to use the title.
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Protection Duration
    Copyright protection can last beyond your lifetime. Copyright law states that once your works created after 1978 become tangible, they are protected from the creation moment throughout the rest of your life plus an additional 70 years. If you created it with a partner, it is the same, except the 70 years applies to the last surviving author. Made for hire works have a copyright duration of 95 years from publication or 120 years from creation, whichever is the shortest term. Works created before 1978 have a protection for 67 years with a possible renewal for up to 95 years.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,971 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The show was great, a lot of humor most of it was very clever.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wondered if this wasn't the South Park version?
    South Park did whole show on the Mormon Religion. Very deadpan type humor.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds interesting. Waiting for network TV version.

Waiting for the spoof on the Quran...

The punsters have cracked on everything else once held sacred.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Anthing that pokes fun at huckster humbug is good. Haven't seen the Mormon one, but Dogma is a riot.