In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

DICK's

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
Well the new store opened went in to check it out. Just a high priced Wally World.

Not even sure if they had pistol ammo. Know they do not sell pistols. They had their ammo behind the counter down where you could not see it. So you would have to ask for it. Hate that tired of the "sorry we don't have that anything else".
spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Nov 8th is the Grand opening for our new store.
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

• Options
    edited November -1
    Sporting Goods

I had two rifles come in the store today with scopes mounted, or should I say perched on top of two separate rifles. The first was a Winchester 94 with a side mount. The scope was actually mounted backwards and the crosshairs were like this X. The second one was a Stainless Browning A-bolt Stalker in .300 WSM. The scope was mounted 45 degrees clockwise too far and the rings were reversed with only one screw per base. I took it all off and started over. I put him a one piece Leupold base and a set of low rings and then mounted the Nikon Pro-staff on it. The customer was infuriated about his rifle and didn't like it when I charged him to do all of that. Then he tried to trade me the rings for the Leupold stuff. No way.
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

• Options
    edited November -1
    Press Room

Corporate Information
    Press Information

Media Statements

We at DICK?S Sporting Goods are deeply disturbed and saddened by the tragic events in Parkland. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the victims and their loved ones.

But thoughts and prayers are not enough.

We have tremendous respect and admiration for the students organizing and making their voices heard regarding gun violence in schools and elsewhere in our country.

We have heard you. The nation has heard you.

We support and respect the Second Amendment, and we recognize and appreciate that the vast majority of gun owners in this country are responsible, law-abiding citizens. But we have to help solve the problem that?s in front of us. Gun violence is an epidemic that?s taking the lives of too many people, including the brightest hope for the future of America ? our kids.

Following all of the rules and laws, we sold a shotgun to the Parkland shooter in November of 2017. It was not the gun, nor type of gun, he used in the shooting. But it could have been.

Clearly this indicates on so many levels that the systems in place are not effective to protect our kids and our citizens.

We believe it?s time to do something about it.

Beginning today, DICK?S Sporting Goods is committed to the following:

We will no longer sell assault-style rifles, also referred to as modern sporting rifles. We had already removed them from all DICK?S stores after the Sandy Hook massacre, but we will now remove them from sale at all 35 Field & Stream stores.
    We will no longer sell firearms to anyone under 21 years of age.
    We will no longer sell high capacity magazines.
    We never have and never will sell bump stocks that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire more rapidly.

At the same time, we implore our elected officials to enact common sense gun reform and pass the following regulations:

Ban assault-style firearms
    Raise the minimum age to purchase firearms to 21
    Ban high capacity magazines and bump stocks
    Require universal background checks that include relevant mental health information and previous interactions with the law
    Ensure a complete universal database of those banned from buying firearms
    Close the private sale and gun show loophole that waives the necessity of background checks

We hope others join us in this effort to let our kids know that their pleas are being taken seriously.

Some will say these steps can?t guarantee tragedies like Parkland will never happen again. They may be correct ? but if common sense reform is enacted and even one life is saved, it will have been worth it.

We deeply believe that this country?s most precious gift is our children. They are our future. We must keep them safe.

Sincerely,

Edward W. Stack
    Chairman & CEO
    DICK?S Sporting Goods

Press Information
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

• Options
    edited November -1
    So how has their Business been. Was over by the local one today at the Wal-Mart next Door. I had to park in the Dick's Parking lot cause Wal-Mart was full. They had about 6 cars in their lot with my truck parked there.
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

• Options
    edited November -1
    Sign.

logo.gif

Know that is their colors from all their stores. but think people will think here they are playing on the Duck and their colors and name.

Story.jpg
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

• Options
    edited November -1
    I know there has been a number of posts about them stopping selling AR's. So you think this could have been so they could sell them later at a higher price say on gun broker
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I quit going to the one locally years ago. They advertised and never had the item . Won't be back.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Have not been in one since the last time they stated their opinion.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well they just put themselves out of business. Do you think any Sportsman are going to shop there anymore?
  • Options
    badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a bunch of DICK's.
    They can suck it, just like the rest of them.
    Here's my response to any gun control/restriction, F you. I've given enough already.
    Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dicks was probably receiving countless calls criticizing their sales of guns.

The CEO should have said nothing or something like Fedex. Dicks has helped give the left more power. They will not stop attacking/demonizing Dicks and other sporting goods outlets that sell guns.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    diddling dicks just dicked themselves...unless they can make it selling chinee goodies....let em STOP selling anything automotive that start on their own and kill people.oh wait, maybe they only sell air freshners now anyway...went in wichita one many years ago and never been back
  • Options
    westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    Well they just put themselves out of business. Do you think any Sportsman are going to shop there anymore?

Seems to many forget what they have done in the past and continue supporting their business. I thought for sure they were doomed after they pulled their last stunt, apparently it didn't hurt them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I haven't shopped there since 2012.
    Ironically, a new store is opening up just 3 miles from me this Friday.
    http://stores.dickssportinggoods.com/pa/lancaster/1294/
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A sporting goods store trying to compromise with the DEMOCRATs is a failed strategy.

Look at Walmart, they have caved in massively to appease the DEMOCRATs and they hate WMT even more.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Peckers is also Field and Stream FYI
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Dick's firearms and ammo are all overpriced, but since one of their stores is close by, I bought two shirts at Dick's last week. If I hadn't already removed the tags and washed them (I have to wash new clothes before I'll wear them) I'd take the shirts back.
  • Options
    reload999reload999 Member Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I looked around in their Pensacola store once, but I've never bought anything from them...never will, either.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I am not mistaken, they stopped selling handguns several years ago.

Dicks would be very low on my list of places to purchase a gun of any type anyways.
  • Options
    Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dicks, The Circle K of sporting goods.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    A while back, Dink's had Ka-Bar knives "on sale". Their "regular" price was about 20% OVER MSRP and their "sale" price was full retail!
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never been in one, but I will certainly keep doing that forever.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When people or companies say ?We?re strong supporters of the 2nd Amendment but....? they are not supporters of the 2nd Amendment. Bunch of Sunshine Patriots.
  • Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bought a gun case there years ago and never went back. Will never go there again.
  • Options
    fugawefugawe Member Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't stop going there because I don't go there anyway.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    FU Dicks
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    jeffb1911jeffb1911 Member Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dicks needs to be reminded of what happened to Smith & Wesson when they made their political decision to do what the clinton administration wanted, and pissed off their customer base.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tell 'em what you think. I did.
    PRESS@DCSG.COM.
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    I went in one for the first time about a month ago. Totally underwhelmed. The impression I got was another yuppie/ millennium outdoor store. See no reason to go in again.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FYI....here are a few other brands/stores owned by Dick's.

A quote from their website: "DICK'S Sporting Goods, Inc. is a leading omnichannel sporting goods retailer offering an extensive assortment of authentic, high-quality sports equipment, apparel, footwear and accessories. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the Company also owns and operates Golf Galaxy, Field & Stream, True Runner and Chelsea Collective specialty stores."
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DICKS bows to democraps
    democraps are DICKS.

Like the man said; "F DICKS"
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    to my knowledge i have never graced one

now never will
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The definition of a (traitorous) moron:[V]

Someone who claims to support The Second Amendment and shops at Dicks
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    The Sportsman need to convince their family members to buy their soccer balls, footballs, running shoes, exercise equipment, etc. etc. elsewhere too [;)]. If you're going to hit them, hit them HARD ! [:)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,310 ******
    edited November -1
    My oldest works as the local one. Guess I won't be shopping there any more. What a stupid thing to do.

I'm guessing Dick's will survive this but Field and Stream stores are done for.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    do they not realize the capacities of some handguns???

they need to get out of gun business entirely
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its going to be tough boycotting them because I have not been in one for 10 years because they suck and are expensive.

So just one more good reason not to go to Dicks.
    RLTW

• Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As already mentioned idiotic at best.
    Didn't the perp drive to and from the school?
    Well then we should ban cars too, no?
    Yes I know that makes just as much sense.[B)]