In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Am I the only one.....

Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
....that is having a bit of difficulty with the forums? I'll click on the forum link from the main GB website and it loads about 50% and just stalls out and I have to hit refresh 2 or 3 times for it to load. Anybody else having this problem?

set1.gifset2.gifset3.gifset4.gifset5.gif
So, who's your favorite big screen cowboy?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Who thinks 9/11 was a terrorist act committed by radical islamists?

Seems to be a portion of society who think the US Gov was a witting participant in the event.... and Ron Paul is in that crowd?

Are you kidding me?

NS
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That spends no telling how long looking for a .02 cent primer that has been dropped on the floor while reloading? My wife calls me "cheap" but i call it waste not want not.[:D]
  • Options
    CSI21CSI21 Member Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nope I am with you, NS. To many folks havent been away from thier little town or farm to know enough about the real world. Internet prophets abound in the conspirancy world. You and I know what happened, well others are grasping at straws. Folks need to get away from the tv and computer and go out in the world and see whats going on, instead of reading all the crap on the internet.
    I wonder how many members of the John Birch Society are on here, my daddy was a member. Wouldnt let us put a house number on the house, because the government would know where we were, That always tickled me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I would genuinely like them to convince me that their 9/11 "truther" theory is correct.... I would just like, for once, to hear something substantive which supports their position.

NS
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Overall I subscribe to your view. What bothers me the most is how quickly the 19 Terrorists were identified, yet the capability apparently didn't exist to thwart them. I still have a lot of questions in my mind. Whether it was incompetence or intentional nonfeasance seems to me these terrorists were being watched or folks were aware of them and failed to connect the dots, or refused to connect the dots.
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think Clinton left a lot out when he briefed Bush's team, enough that his chief of staff (Sandy Berger) was convicted of stealing the proof....
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    There are many things in that tragedy that are left unexplained. I wouldnt put it past our Government to pull a stunt like that after reading the history of somne of the crap they have pulled on the citizens in the past..There are too many loose ends to tie that package up now...[:0]
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some people are simply damn idiots.
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never let a good crisis go to waste.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think it was more incompetence and lack of inter-organizational communication than a false flag event.

I hope.

Also, I think dongizmo has a point as well.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Night Stalker

Seems to be a portion of society who think the US Gov was a witting participant in the event.... and Ron Paul is in that crowd?

Are you kidding me?

NS

Here are the facts: 9-11 was planned and carried out by Radical Islamic Scum Cowards. Most of them were from Saudi Arabia, a bastion of Evil and heathens with oil and money.

Ron Paul was correct in the fact that we have made ourselves a target because we have our big nose (as a nation) stuck into everybody else's business. If we had been a CONSTITUTIONAL nation for the past 100 years there would be far fewer "reasons" for the Islamic Nuts to (1) rise to begin with and (2) target the USA.

We are a binding cause for the Islamic Nuts, just as Pearl Harbor was to the USA in WWII.

Under a constitutional government we would not have 900 military bases in 130 countries and be fighting un-declared wars in every piss-pot hell hole across the face of the earth. That is the point of Ron Paul, he is CORRECT.
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    NS, I am a 911 "Truther". What that means is that I believe the American people need to know exactly what happened on 9-11. Truthers do not say the government or George Bush is responsible for the attack that day. What truthers do say is that we need a REAL investigation of the event. There is ample evidence, coming from members of the 911 Commission itself, that the 911 Commission Report was a sham from the beginning. That alone should be enough to warrant a closer look. They maintain that the only evidence allowed into the report was evidence which backed up the original official position and all evidence contrary to the original position was rejected. That kind of behavior makes no sense to me unless something was being hidden from the American people.

I also do not subscribe to the other popular theory that incompetence was at the root of the failure that day. Our military is not that inept. Our air traffic controllers, both military and civilian, are not buffoons. These are highly trained professionals who are serious about their work and simple mistakes do not explain too many other anomalies surrounding the event.

It is not a mistake to fight any attempt at investigation for 14 months.
    It is not a mistake to methodically weed out information contrary to the official story.
    It is not a mistake to impose a media blackout on coverage of building #7.
    It is not a mistake to seize all private video of the explosion at the Pentagon and bury it.
    It is not a mistake to consistently proffer deliberately misleading or flat out wrong information.

Also, if any mistake were ever clearly identified, wouldn't you expect someone to be fired or demoted? No one was. There were,however, lots of promotions. Strange.

The list goes on and on.

What I have discussed so far only relates to the point that there was a deliberate cover up and obstruction of meaningful investigations into the events of 911. This is certain and debatable only by fools.

Add to this a mountain of forensic evidence and testimony ,which was excluded from the official report, that contradicts the official position and things are starting to smell pretty rank.

Then we can consider the parts of the official story which fail to obey the laws of physics. These are most damning and no doubt frustrating to those responsible for defending the official conspiracy theory. Newton's Laws hold up pretty well no matter how powerful or well connected the naysayer may be.

Ask yourself this...Why wouldn't any American want to know exactly what happened that day and feel angry when questions remain unanswered and truth obscured?
  • Options
    StingSting Member Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This from wikipedia: "The sole suspect of the shooting is Nidal Malik Hasan, a U.S. Army Major serving as a psychiatrist. He was shot and taken into custody by Department of the Army Civilian Police officers,[3] and is now paralyzed from the chest down.[4] Hasan has been charged with 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted murder under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Hasan is an American Muslim of Palestinian descent. Internal Army reports indicate officers within the Army had discussed what they characterized as Hasan's tendencies toward radical Islam since 2005. Additionally, investigations before and after the shooting discovered e-mail communications between Hasan and Yemen-based cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, who quickly declared Hasan a hero."

And yet none of the military victims were awarded the Purple Heart. And remember the airlines pilot who crashed his airliner into the New York harbor and shouted in an Arabic tongue, "Allah is great blah blah blah?" There's even more of these instances. One only has to connect the dots to see the truth. But then, this would incriminate our governments friends over there.
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whereas I do not in anyway trust our government, I do not believe there is the brain power in Washington to pull off 9-11. I also believe no one in Washington can keep their mouths shut and keep a secret for more than a day or two, so I believe any government involvement would quickly come out. At which point there would be a mad scramble of CYA activity and finger pointing.
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    I don't know what to think. There hasn't been a trial or even a complete revelation of all pertinent evidence. After 10 years, I have way more questions than answers and I don't trust the government to tell the truth about anything.
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    im with scottM on this
    spin doctors covering *
  • Options
    bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure what to beleive, but I lean towards the idea that it was radical islamists. I also think the government knew the people who did it were going to do something big and soon, but ignored it--that's the part I am most interested in trying to understand...WHY?
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Are you kidding me?

NS

nope, there are at least a dz of us
  • Options
    edited November -1

Are you kidding me?

NS
    Is he, really?

http://youtu.be/ytgfuYct9_4

*Edit for one more absolute statement on the issue.

http://youtu.be/Z8w56gDYFXI
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1

Are you kidding me?

NS

Nope. I also believe religion is the source of many if not all problems.
    [;)]